Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loco Roco Flash Demo

Options
  • 27-05-2006 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

http://locoroco.com/

Now that's how you make a games website. Even lets you make your own PC Wallpaper. Plenty of Katamari Damacy style charm to this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

awesome!

dunno if i want to pay €50 for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

downloaded psp demo for psp.
    amazing thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

played it on psp too, its flippin' class!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hurray! Stephen Finn (me!) is number 3 on the slidy ramp score board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

is it good? i mean looks a bit childish, i mean it just looks a bit simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Blah. The highest I got was 930. Then came back to this thread and realised Retr0 was ahead of me, and went back to the stupid random slidy game for another 15 minutes and got thoroughly irritated with its stupid frustrating randomness. Grrr.

There is no way I will touch this game now. That'll learn 'em!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Admittedly I fluked it and have only managed about ~850 thereafter.

Shortys94: I wouldn't be put off by the flash demo. It seems a bit childish but I doubt it's any indication of what the final game will be like more just to let people know how it plays. If you watch the trailer you can see it's far more complex with loads of puzzles. Also the E3 crowd all absolutley adored it. I hope this game makes me wipe the dust from my PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its much better on the psp, theres no lag/slowdowns obviously, colors look much better, as does the sound. You control when to break them up and whent o combine them so in the flash it kinda seems pointless cause its automatic.
    They make this hilarious cute sound when u break them up [on the psp]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

wait on the flash game on the website how do yo ustart the game, or is the game where u just tilt the screen etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Yoshi's Universal Gravitation doesn't happen to be anywhere near as lovely as this, does it? As far as I can remember, it looked rubbish. But I'm really starting to fall for this Loco Roco, and I don't want to buy a PSP just to play it. (I probably would, but, you know, it's a bit silly.)

• Advertisement

Yoshi's Universal Gravitation doesn't happen to be anywhere near as lovely as this, does it? As far as I can remember, it looked rubbish. But I'm really starting to fall for this Loco Roco, and I don't want to buy a PSP just to play it. (I probably would, but, you know, it's a bit silly.)

The general consensus was that Yoshi's Universal Gravitation was awful.

I'm really falling for Loco Roco as well. Why couldn't Sony be as original when it comes to console design as their development teams are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Placebo wrote:
    They make this hilarious cute sound when u break them up [on the psp]
    I played it the other day and that's the first thing i mentioned. The game overall has this amazing charm, and the controls are so simple, I'm considering getting a psp just for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

I'll buy this for my neaphews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Looks to be a great laugh :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've playing the demo on my psp for over a week now and it's very addictive! Took me a while to figure out what was going on though as the instructions were in japanese:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'll buy this for my neaphews.

Hope they like it. My nephews generally find games where you don't pistol whip bitches for respect bonuses very counter intuitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Out in September? :(

I was under the impression it was being released soon... I'm so tempted to try it but I'm in two minds about upgrading firmware and losing my emulators just for a demo. It's something I'm gonna do sooner or later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

steviec wrote:
    Out in September? :(

I was under the impression it was being released soon... I'm so tempted to try it but I'm in two minds about upgrading firmware and losing my emulators just for a demo. It's something I'm gonna do sooner or later though.

I think it is out soon. Sony sent me a t-shirt and pre-production copy in the post last Monday and it seems very good. I'll check with them and see anyway.

Its strange because its one of the first original games on the PSP so far. I keep thinking this must be a DS game when playing it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"LocoRoco is due out over here on 23rd June according to Sony's most recent UK schedule."

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64056

I think game is making me a bit soft in the head... I love the little black hairy things that sound like they're saying "would yeh, would yeh".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

monument wrote:
    I love the little black hairy things

i bet ya do ya sick puppy :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement