Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing a clothes clear out - what criteria do you use?

• 27-05-2006 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

I am doing a massive clothes clear out, for one thing, my clothes currently totally fill one room, for another I have changed size in the past 3 years from a size 10-12 to a size 6-8. I have clothes that my mother gave me from the 60's which are beautiful and vintage (and which I only now fit) - I want to keep these obviously. But how do you decide on other items? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what criteria I should use for dumping clothes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

First off congratufeckinlations on losing the weight, fair play, thats my goal at the minute, so your spurring me on....I usually go through a clear out every year and I gather everything together on my bed by order, like all my trousers, then all my t-shirts, skirts etc, then look through them all. If you have anything that was just a fashion fad, judge it on price, if you spent alot of money on boho stuff last year then try and keep it, imagine how happy your kids will be if 25 years down the line, Lila Grace Moss reinvents her Mums trend and your kids can have their Mums vintage stuff.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

When I turned 30 I thought that I would never wear minis again, big mistake, half of what I wear are minis...I just do not want to make that expensive mistake again. There is some stuff that I kept from the last cull that just is not my shape any more, I was far more into baggy jumpers when I was younger. I also am back into wearing denims again a lot more so it looks like I will have to buy a lot of that again, the same with T-shirts. Should I keep the suits on the basis that while they are swiming on me I could just about wear them if pushed?

In terms of loosing the weight BTW, it was a combination of relationship problems, realising that as I lost the weight I looked better so I continued and the final push was getting a wisdom tooth removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

If they're good quality suits, personally I would keep them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

usually its something along the lines of 'do i wear this?'

i have alot of clothes i actually dont really like or dont fit me too well, but if i got rid of them all i'd have nothing! so i like the whole continuous type thing, throw out stuff every now and again, or if i get a load of new stuff.

thing is i'm not a fashion fad person at all, so most of my stuff remains wearable til it falls apart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I tend to gather stuff that I like from accross the years, would not be a follower of fashion, there in lies one of the problems, even the stuff that I buy that is in fashion is good quality stuff and is stuff that I would always wear. However my shape has changed a lot, in my early 20's I had a very boyish figure, now I am all curves. I resisted the urge to throw out one dress 10 years ago and wore it all the time 2 years ago, how can you predict those clothes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement