Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 make up questions?

• 27-05-2006 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Whats your fave brand and why?

What one item could you not survive without?

What one item would you love to own the most?

Mine is a fight between Mac and Christian Dior, I love MAC for all their make up but couldn't live without Dior foundation, bought the full coverage Mac foundation last week, but it's very caky on my skin, I much prefer the Dior flash airskin spray, very light and still gives great coverage.

I couldn't survive without my little jar of 99c vaseline

I really really really want Creme de la mer SPF18 Fluid Tint, I know it's £50, so I'm guessing it's about €75, still not worked up the courage to go and ask at the counter (slightly intimidated) and still not been able to justify spending this much on what is essentially just a tinted moisturiser.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I don't really have one favourite brand - my makeup comes from every range under the sun! If I had to pick, I'd probably say Benefit because of all the cool products and the sheer variety within one range.

I couldn't live without my Laura Mercier Secret Camoflague. There is nothing this baby can't cover. Second on the list would be Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and then Benefit Hoola Bronzer.

There's no one makeup item that I really want, because tbh if I want something I just buy it :D Lots of skincare things I'd like though. I'd love to try the CdlM range to see if it could get rid of acne scars, but could never afford it. I'd love to try Guerlain Midnight Secret because I've heard it's like 8 hours sleep in a bottle. I've heard the Sisley range is fantastic, and SK:II as well. And I really want the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee body lotion but the bloody thing is €58 :eek:

Someday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

my fave brand is probably clinique, because its just perfect for my skin.

I couldnt live without my body shop cherry lip balm

Im the same as rainglow-nothing i particularly aspire to buy make-up-wise, mainly because i dont wear much anyway, but there is a lot of skincare stuff i would love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

fabcat wrote:

Don't have a fave brand either, stuff i use regularly is from several different brands, l'oreal, maybelline, elizabeth arden, borgeious, rimmel, ponds etc

Garnier ambre solaire moisturising bronzer - i use it every other day. Or EA 8 hour cream. Or tweezers. (I don't think I could pick one item...)

CdlM cream or else the Prevage cream, can't remember who makes it. Or else a home laser hair removal system... must cost a bomb though..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Shivvv

Couldn't pick one favourite brand but really like Bobby Brown lipsticks and Dior foundations and Benefit for bits and pieces...

Couldn't survive without my Dior foundation: Icone or YSL Touche Eclat.

One thing I'd love to invest in is a decent set of make-up brushes - really like the Bobby Brown and MAC ones but they're seriously pricey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My favorite brand is Channel - they have eye colours that I always really like, plus I love their Aqualuminiere range of lipstick (half way between a lipstick and a gloss with an SPF).

I could not survive without - Simple facial wipes.

There is no item of skincare that I want that I do not have, then again I do not use much skincare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Shivvv wrote:

One thing I'd love to invest in is a decent set of make-up brushes - really like the Bobby Brown and MAC ones but they're seriously pricey...

There SO worth it ..and if you buy them over time its not that expensive.

MAC would be my favourite just becuase of the brushes,the range,i love there advertisements, i just like all there products.

I couldnt live without bronzer.most definatly.uuuugh.

And what id like?creme de la mer. I really want it,but it just rater put 100 towards a new bag or sthing..ill get it this summer though i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

My favourite brand is probably armani, love love love it!

Couldn't live without my Rimmel liquid eyeliner, cheap and really good

Would love if I could hold on to a MAC eye-liner but I have lost 4 in the last 6 months on nights out but I keep buying a new one, I think i have a problem :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I love the makeup in make up forever, it glides on and stay s in place, can look very natural at times or can be jazzed up to look more striking.

I cant live without my mascara, current using YSL however i adore the mascara that benefit has , it really makes the eyes lashes look good

I would love to replace all my make up brushes, got a set from Make Up forever a few years back, but think they need a good replacing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

For make-up its MAC and skincare it would be Origins. MAC range of products is just brilliant from their brushes to eyeshadows,blushers and lipsticks. Only thing that they have that is crap is their mascara. (lancome is best for that!) Origins has done wonders for my skin. It got really dehydrated and flakey from working in air conditioned enviroment. But my skin is almost perfect now. When out one night, one guy commented it was like milk. :)

Suppose, it would have to be my Origins moisturiser. That and maybe some mascara. Not wearing make-up doesn't really bother me

I'd love to get a proper big professional make-up case, ones made in Italy are fab. So expensive though! Just be easier to hold all my stuff. Everything is in shoe boxes and bags, and more bags!

Creme de La Mer is cheaper at the airport,btw, 15%!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Favourite Brand: Benefit
    Couldn't survive without: Mascara
    Love to own: Good professional brushes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Favourite brand is MAC
    Couldn't survive without my MAC Eyeliner
    Would love to own all the MAC brushes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Fav Brand: Clarins, Benefit and MAc

Not live without: PLaystick foundation and Maybeline Waterproof Mascara and No.7 Wheatsheaf eyeshadow.

Would Love: To be able to afford Yonka Facials every week. Or else a big make-up room(& photography studio)in my house with lights around the mirrors and all the make-up under the sun to play with. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Fav Brand: Clarins, Benefit and MAc

Not live without: PLaystick foundation and Maybeline Waterproof Mascara and No.7 Wheatsheaf eyeshadow.

Would Love: To be able to afford Yonka Facials every week. Or else a big make-up room(& photography studio)in my house with lights around the mirrors and all the make-up under the sun to play with. :)

I think I'd love that more than Creme De La Mer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Wowza; Mac probably.

One out of .... Mac's new foundation - thought Armani couldn't be beaten but hey; the new pretender. Nars convertable colour, Benefit BrowZings, Touche eclait. Eve Lom Cleanser.

Full range of Eve Lom....better brushes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Bluebells

Favourite brand: Mac for eyes, Lancome for skin stuff.

Couldnt live without: Volumising and lengthening mascara, eyeliner.

Would love to own: Full range of clinque skin care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

fabcat wrote:

Fave brand? would have to be benefit
    One item? Clinique three step skincare programme...ok I know thats three!
    Love to own the most? Definatly a professional make up artist at my beck and call with all the products under the sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Fave brand is Clinique - although i use near every brand!
    Couldnt live without mascara (Lancome are the best of this!) and vaseline.
    I rarely wear eyeshadow but am still on the look out for the perfect foundation! Have yet to find it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Mac for eye makeup and brushes, Guinot for face care, Armani for foundation and YSL for mascara and eye make up/bronzers

YSL Mascara & Armani Hydra Glow

Bobbi Brown Bronze Block which I am going to buy this evening!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

Mac and Dior

Pout mascara and matte mouse by maybeline (excuse the spelling)its so handy and quick to put on!

All of benefits stuf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

fabcat wrote:

I really really really want Creme de la mer SPF18 Fluid Tint, I know it's £50, so I'm guessing it's about €75, still not worked up the courage to go and ask at the counter (slightly intimidated) and still not been able to justify spending this much on what is essentially just a tinted moisturiser.:confused:

Fave brand: Dermalogica
    Couldn't survive without my moisturiser (Dermalogica Moisture Balance SPF 15)
    Would love to own - nothing, have got all I need...

But to answer your question: just order Creme de La Mer on Strawberrynet.com - it's cheaper, it's free shipping, and very reliable (I hope I'm allowed to advertise this - you really pay a lot less than in rip-off high street Irish shops...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Strawberrynet is great unless the stuff gets stopped by customs. Happened to me with some Dermalogica stuff earlier this year and I was well peed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

My fave brand for makeup would be Nars at the mo - love their blushers and eyeshadows especially - they have great staying power.

The one item I couldn't live without would probably be La Roche Posay's(spelling?!) super-thick concealer - I have vicious black circles.

I'd love one of the gorgeous Bronzer/Lipgloss compacts Dior have out at the moment but couldn't justify spending €50 when I already have copious amounts of bronzers and lipglosses ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My favourite brand is MAC, although I definitely don't buy everything there. Mainly they are good for their wide range of colours.

I couldn't live without my Double Wear foundation from Estee Lauder.

What I'd love to have is a voucher for the LA Make-up Academy so I could do a course there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Oobie wrote:
    Strawberrynet is great unless the stuff gets stopped by customs. Happened to me with some Dermalogica stuff earlier this year and I was well peed off!

On a similar note, www.hqhair.com (amazing for unusual bits and bobs including Model Co. and really cheap Keratase shampoo) are now delivering for free to Ire. through pigsback.ie Sweet!

Advertisement