Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG airsoft guns?

Options
  • 27-05-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

In Ireland all automatic guns are illegal, so under that new gun act will aeg's(being automatic BUT under a joule of energy)be legal or not??????????????????/:confused::confused::confused: :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

Could anybody clear this up for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 john22

Couldnt tell you mate. Your best bet is to ask a gardai . If they're unsure you might aswell just go up north and buy one anyway. Just dont go out playing rambo and drawing attention to yourself;)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

What new act is this?

Thanks

Btw, I'm an airsoft freak. I'm tearing my hair out that its illegal here! :D

Hauk

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

All I can say is I'm working on it lads give me time :)
    but we are looking at sales of rifles in another year or so if airsoft works out in ireland. You need to register an Airsoft gun as if its a real rifle at the moment which makes them very hard to get a hold of legally! Thats why the first rifles we get will all be registered to the company and not to an individual. We are going to get MP5's and Ak47's with folding stock and I've a few M4's and sniper rifles going on order and a large support weapon to for the FSG (fire support group)

Dave

seeing as they are firearms is an aeg not seen as a real machine gun in ireland?
    oh yeah and you should get some p 90s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

whupass wrote:
    seeing as they are firearms is an aeg not seen as a real machine gun in ireland?
    oh yeah and you should get some p 90s

They are still seen as sporting equipment which allows us import them in bulk.

Already have one and it just rules! but its close quarter weapon if there ever was one. its perfect for room clearing but since we wont be doing much of that we are sticking with the MP5's with the folding stock and AK47's short barrel not sure if its got a folding stock or not.

And I'm getting an M4 the special forces one for myself :)

David

well when you set up an urban area, when ever it is, you should get some.
    i'll even pay you extra to keep one away from all the people who won't respect it and will brake it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Jaoibh wrote:
    All I can say is I'm working on it lads give me time :)
    but we are looking at sales of rifles in another year or so if airsoft works out in ireland. You need to register an Airsoft gun as if its a real rifle at the moment which makes them very hard to get a hold of legally! Thats why the first rifles we get will all be registered to the company and not to an individual. We are going to get MP5's and Ak47's with folding stock and I've a few M4's and sniper rifles going on order and a large support weapon to for the FSG (fire support group)

Dave

Well done man, good that someone is trying. When do you think yuo'll open? Let me know if you get anywhere

Strawbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

As of the 1st August 2006 the Criminal Justice Act has come into play thus legalising all Airsoft guns with a muzzle power of less than 1J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

This sounds too good to be true.
    Sorry for sounding like a prick but do you have anything to back this statement up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A02CF/vWeb/pcJUSQ6S9M99-en

Sparks made a post on the shooting forum in the CJB thread. Its looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edges

If airsoft weapons are legal here now, who do I talk to to get a couple?

Looking at a couple of handguns (Glock/Sig) and a couple of AK47 or M4's.

If you can put me onto a supplier I would be grateful.

Dave
    www.wildgeesema.com

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

edges wrote:
    If airsoft weapons are legal here now, who do I talk to to get a couple?

Looking at a couple of handguns (Glock/Sig) and a couple of AK47 or M4's.

If you can put me onto a supplier I would be grateful.

Dave
    www.wildgeesema.com

You can order within the EU and not have to worry about being taxed and the shipping is cheaper, but the prices are generally more exspensive for guns.

Some decent EU online stores:

www.airsoftscotland.co.uk
    www.campobase.co.uk
    www.airsoftarmory.co.uk

Or you can order from HongKong or Japan, the airsoft guns themselves are very competitively priced and they tend to sell alot more of the obscure items available but the customs office often tax the shipments raising the cost overall. Some of the better sites are:

www.wgcshop.com
    www.dentrinity.com
    www.uncompany.com
    www.gunsnguys.com
    www.tokyo-model.com.hk

cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edges

Nice one, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BMAN26

so are you allowed to bring airsoft guns into the country...or can you only order them and have them shipped?

either they are legally TOYS so you can buy them in spain and put it in your bag. soon you should be able to buy them here (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I wonder how long before an airsoft shop is opened over here. It'd be great to be able to walk into a shop and come out with an AEG :)

ohh yeah!!

Advertisement