Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recorded file conversion

• 27-05-2006 1:30pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI,
    Am i right in saying that a recorded show is in RMS format.

if so - or correct me - how do I convert this to burn onto a dvd to give to someone - like to avi format.

thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Media Centre records saves recordings in a file format called DV RMS.

An application called DVRMS Toolkit will convert them to Mpeg / WMV and also strip out the ad breaks. I'm only trying it out today, but it should do the job.

The converted files will also take up much less space than the DV RMS files.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

there are a few, google should show up a few, or try www.thegreenbutton.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Latest version of DVR-MS Toolbox I believe is at this link (TGB forums) it's a good app, you can use the GUI version if your not happy with the command line one.

The advertisement removal works really good although the convert to wmv once gave me some trouble not sure exactly what happened (generic error box) but it stopped and then worked of it's own accord.

If you want to convert to DVD use the strip out commercials and convert to MPEG profile and that will do the business assuming you have a program to create the DVD from the MPEG file.

Advertisement