Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf anyone?

Options
  • 27-05-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

A man and a friend are playing golf one day. One of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course. He stops in mid-swing, takes off his golf cap, closes his eyes, and bows down in prayer. His friend says: "Wow! That is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You are truly a kind man."

The other man then replies: "Yeah, well, we were married 35 years."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

good one! :D

reminded me of this...

It's All Ireland day at Croke Park, as everyone takes their much sought after seats.
    A young couple sit beside an elderly man who is next to an empty seat.
    Amazed that no-one took the seat in the first half, they asked the old man if he had a friend that was delayed on the way.
    "Oh no, nobody will be sitting there.... that's where my wife would have been sitting if she were still alive today. You see, we met 55 years ago after an All Ireland final, and we've gone to every final since".
    The story touched the young couple, and they then asked why he didn't bring someone else to the game instead.
    He replied....
    "Everyone else is at the funeral".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Brought a smile to my face, both of them:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hah both good ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

hehe classic's!

Advertisement