Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just over a week til english!! hows everyone feeling?

Options
  • 27-05-2006 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

I cant believe there is just over a week! i feel so UNprepared! just wanted to know how everyone feels and do u think ur ready for wed week? i certainly dont!:eek: xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

I'm dreading it. Paper 1 is awful for me as I just can't write essays for my life. I hope I'm in an "English mood" on the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Rob30888 wrote:
    I'm dreading it. Paper 1 is awful for me as I just can't write essays for my life. I hope I'm in an "English mood" on the day...

Same here. Im gonna go with the choice of images for an essay. Hopefully it'll work out. Regarding the rest of my subjects...

Irish - grand, just have to learn off some stuff, i've done all the questions in the sample papers.
    Maths - hmmm...okish. must learn theorems & some formulae.
    Biology - okish.. i'm hoping to honor it. have done loads of questions in exam & sample papers.
    Geography - wtf is going on?! just gonna do as much as i can.
    Accounting - sorted as i have 5 days off before this exam
    Spanish - as above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Pez wrote:
    I cant believe there is just over a week! i feel so UNprepared! just wanted to know how everyone feels and do u think ur ready for wed week? i certainly dont!:eek: xx
    grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

i just puked my pants.....in other words holy s**t!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i kinda got the same thing going for me as willowmegs but i do business instead of bioligy... that is easy enough, just alotta general knowlegde, i'll go over the book a few times quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

jaysus lads, you're all pretty nervous...

BREATHE..

it'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'm sh!tting it, I have deffo put in the hours since september, but I cant put myself to study now :o It's weird, I'm dreading them, but also lookin forward to just getting them done, and over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

I'm sh!tting it, I have deffo put in the hours since september, but I cant put myself to study now :o It's weird, I'm dreading them, but also lookin forward to just getting them done, and over with.

yeah im bricking it but once theyre over we can just enjoy the summer...... until results day.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i haven't done enough study since september but im not really scared for some reason... because my mocks went ok and i didnt do much study! which made me overconfident in myself! wish i was scared, someone please scare teh living daylights outta me ! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

grand really! i think english is the worst exam so once it's over then i'll be flying! it's all that writing i dread...i think i might have to invent some hand exercises to warm up before hand :D

• Advertisement

grand really! i think english is the worst exam so once it's over then i'll be flying! it's all that writing i dread...i think i might have to invent some hand exercises to warm up before hand :D

Left yerself wide open ther abercrombie!! :p There is like a 90% male userbase on this forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

The wait is boring me now...I want to do it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

English: Fine dont really care about it to be honest
    Maths: To get a C1 will be easy but to get a A2 will be hard.
    Geog: Ah lost in this subject just goin to try my best on the day.
    Bus: Ah think I left it too late to study for it.
    Con.st: 50% done already hope to get a B2
    Tech Drawin: teacher told me that i would get a B i really dont think i can might get a C1 if im lucky
    German: So fu*ked its unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

english is easy, i just have to turn up and i'll do well.

the only thing you have to do in english is poetry and revise the comparative studies. bluff the rest.

chill, relax, zen... it's 11 days by the way :rolleyes: OVER a week and a half :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

English - Havent studied it since the mocks... lots of work to be done in it this week
    Maths: Grand, pass is piss, I need a B2
    Irish: Need to do a bit of revision on some of the pros
    Music: 50% done, really easy subject
    Physics: Been doing alot of this over the last month, as long as I dont fail, ha ha
    History: I dont think I can do anymore, I know the books off by now
    French: Hopefully its an easy paper!!

Im nervous...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Well here's me basically. I can't afford to get a B2 in any subject pretty much:

Art - Practicals went grand, it's just I don't really know what the story is with the Art History. I have a day off before it so alot of work will be done then hopefully
    English - By far the subject I'm dreading the most. I have my 2 comparative essays ready to be learned off, but I haven't done Lear in about a month, and poetry...I think it's going to be me learning off personal responses, without knowing the poetry itself too well. Not even sure how many poets I'm doing, probably 4. My panic for the essay in paper 1 has steadily risen over the last few days and is now at 'ready to cry' level. I can't remember the last time I did an essay.
    French - Orals went grand, I'm good at comprehensions & ok at the aural, but before school broke up I was only getting 18/19 out of 30 for the written. Haven't done anything for it yet either
    Geography - I'm fine except for the fact that I, along with everyone else, doesn't have a clue whats going on. I have some of the sample questions done, but that's my problem - knowing the topic, not knowing how to answer a question on it. The fact that it's so easy and general means that they're going to expect very high quality answers if you're looking for a high mark.
    Irish - Decided last week I'm doing pass. Don't care.
    Tech. Drawing - I only took it up this year but it's now my best subject & the subject I'm most prepared for.
    Maths - I've gotten 4 questions revised as best as I can, I'm doing trigonometry now. Once I get algebra & question 4/5 on paper 1 done it's plain sailing. We finished the course in...October and since then have done every past paper from the '94 sample paper - 2005 (bar 95/96 papers - the 'off the wall' years).
    Physics - Just need a pass at ordinary level for matriculation, don't care

Architecture in UCD was 535 last year, so I'm aiming for that even though it'll go up. I need a few A1's, alot of A2's and one or two B1's and I'll be alright. I can't afford to get below 80% in any subject! That's whats scaring me.

That's the summary...it's gotten to the stage where I should be learning off stuff but I can't for some reason. I started off the week great, but since then my enthusiasm & concentration levels have wained considerably. Now I'm sitting there panicking, frustrated & scared - but not doing anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Feels like there is so little time to go back over all the stuff. Just can't wait to get stuck into it though and get it out of the way. I'm not too bad though cos I'm finished in 5 days!! Starting on Wednesday, finished on the following Tuesday! Brilliant. But still the thoughts of it all coming at once scares me...

Sooner tis over the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

engrish - should be fine
    Irish - just wanna pass
    maths - it should be ok
    french - i'll be fine
    geography - yep, bull**** is my speciality
    biology - tricky, so much stuff
    art - prrft, piece of piss..

I HOPE..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

smemon wrote:
    english is easy, i just have to turn up and i'll do well.

the only thing you have to do in english is poetry and revise the comparative studies. bluff the rest.

chill, relax, zen... it's 11 days by the way :rolleyes: OVER a week and a half :cool:

I didnt say less then a week and a half i sed its just over a week til the 1st exam ;) no need for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just a bit on the nerves situation, after doing the leaving last year.

as soon as the first day is over, you'll wonder wtf your teachers were on about, about the leaving being such a big deal and all that jizz.

the exams will just be like another summer exam except it actually will be summer whilst doing them.

good luck all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnPH

In English.. is anyone just learning off stuff directly off notes from courses and books etc...
    Can they still nail you for plagarism if it isn't a lookin' over your shoulder job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Business - I've prepared every question 1 so I'll definitely being getting 60 marks for question 1.
    As for the other 3 long questions ... well sure once I know the jist of them...
    Still have to practice ABQ and short questions...

German - OMG OMG I'm trying my best to study everything I failed my Oral so I need to get a good result in the written and Aural. I gpt about 3 percent from the oral so far...not even I'd say. I got a D3 lasy year :eek:

Art - Well sure it's just a case of making oyt about 6 essays and learning them most of Art is finished now anyway and it'd be very hard to fail it considering the effort I put in for the practicle.

Irish [pass] My 7th back up subject :D I couldn't even tell you the tiyles of the stories/poems.

Biology - Kinda worried ALLOT still to do made out 20 questions to do tomorow.

English - Terrified.
    Don't even know the story to As you Like It nevermind the characters...Prepared Bishop and Hopkins so far have to do Hardy and Plath on monday. Comparative - I want to kill it yes if it was a person standing in front of me ohhhhh ... I get so angry even trying to prepare for it with all the''is similar to's and crap HATE IT SO MUCH that I CAN'T prepare for it I don't even know how I'm going to even actually write the fecking thing in the actual exam.

Geography - Whathewacca whaat confusion big blur. Ah sure I'll be grand I know the Mezzigiorno and India off by heart just need to revise Ireland and some other Euopean region oooh and that Isotopy thing haha what ever that is. I've gone over and practiced zillions of geoecology questions...worried about the human elective prolly have a look over that on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

English: Haven't done much, but I get high B's on paper ones regularly, just need to up paper two a bit.

Irish: Eh, joke of a subject, night-before job

French: Need to learn some handy phrases, royally ****ed for the listening part

Maths: Please god it'll be an ok paper, my grade curve in this is wacky. From Bs to Fs

Engineering: 4 days off before this, easy

Physics: Been working on this since mocks, still fairly certain i will fail though, the stuff just doesn't sink in!

Biz: Easy enough, not too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

im not nervous yet, but i also havent studied as much as i should have lately. took a day off completely today, even the thought of study was tiring me out! as for how im feeling bout each subject

English- im grand for paper one, know plath bishop and longley ok, need to go over the others and Lear, havent a clue what im at for comparitive-anyone know where i can get some sample essays to work off?

Irish-so so fecked, paper one will be ok i think , but nee some serious work on paper 2!!!

French-meh, should be ok, not too sure how to prepare for the listening other than practise though-which i never seem to get around to.

Maths-grand

Art-last exam and im really confident in it

Geog-eugh, dunno where to start its hit and miss-depends how the marking scheme goes.

Biology-know units 1 and 2 well, have to revise 3 a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Ah. I'm dreading English. I hate the way you have to go and write cack essays about stuff like King Lear. It'll be like this. THe language is excellent in paragraph on and the author is amazing blahdy blahdy blah! I consider it a pain in the arse more than I'm worried about it.

Irish. All I can say is LOL

Maths--- well prepared. Hoping for an a1 in honours. Got a b2 in the pre but the paper was rpck hard and strange.

German-- Sorted. A1 here I come. Got ian a1 in the mocks and my oral was even better in the real thing.

Accounting--- I'll be grand. Some **** to do. Hope departmental question 1 doesn't come up. if it does it will cost me about 20points. Hoping for an a1

Physics--- Did a lot of work. Hopefully I can get at least a b1 maybe an a1

Geography. Got 96% in the pre but it was marked ridiculously easy. Hopeing for an A1. Lots to learn though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Irish - Few stories/poems to learn and it'll be grand

english - pass english - no point in worrying, the course is hammered into me

maths - €1000 worth of grinds, was worth it, remember the formula's and im good

Geog - Never been that hard

Construction and Engineering - I got an 8 day gap between the first batch and these, so plenty
    of time.

No point in worrying, not as if we havent seen be before, its the same general structure as the mocks. so not as if its gonna be like "holy **** i didnt know it was this long", we've been prepareing since the JC ended. haha remember the JC?, how bad it was meant to be, then turned out like a glorified summer test.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

English-pretty screwed, hate this subject with a passion

Irish-lots to do still, havent even started on an triall, too much to learn! i managed a b in the mocks but i knew exactly what was coming up

Maths-thought i was ok until i started doing past paper questions, am lost on integration and complex nos, could fail!

french-written paper should be ok, i will fail the listening though

Acc- cant seem to be able to remember the accounts!! pretty screwd here

Physics-hopefully this is ok, my favourite subject

Geog-completely lost

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Im Starting To Freak Out :o:o:o Heeeeeeeeellp:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I had a major freak out last night. I think everyone has one at some stage.

• Advertisement

Funkstard wrote:
    I had a major freak out last night. I think everyone has one at some stage.

I constantly have freak outs, yet I still aint studied since monday :o:D

Advertisement