Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USS Mercury

• 27-05-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

The year is 2376 the Dominion war has just ended, the Cardassian Union is in ruins, the Breen have retreated back to their territory, and rouge Jem-Hadar rome the Gamma Quadrant, and Life in the Federation will never be the same again. By the order of the Federation President, Starflet form's the Border Reaction and Infilltration Unit niknamed Taskforce 7. USS Mercury NCC-56324, Nebula Class light cruiser is the newest simulation within the simming group Task Force 7 under the Command of Commander Tholas and LtCmdr Stephan Saint. Join the Mercury's crew, today...

Check out Mercury's Website: http://www.mercury.startrekrpg.co.uk/

Check out Mercury's Forum's: http://www.phpbbserver.com/ussmercury/index.php?mforum=ussmercury

Contact the Command Team at: mercury-command@yahoogroups.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm in two minds about this asi do like to support all things trek but at the same time it looks nothing more then a new registered user pimping his site in a trekkie fashion so i'll sleep on it and just point out. I can't see any reason why there would be rogue Jem'Hadar roaming the gamma quadrant which is still for all intents and purposes under the jurisdiction of the Founders but perchance it is the alpha quadrant to which you refer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

meh, Starfleet haven't got the intergalactic balls for a Reaction and Infiltration Unit.

Why not make it interesting and make it a Romulan task force which gradually cleans up the remaining Gem-Hadar. (who I assume would be too busy going through cold turkey to be much of a threat anyway.) They could then under the pretence of this reaction force expand their empire taking over weakened federation sectors in the name of security from a non-existent Gem-Hadar threat. Have similarities to the war on terror where the romulans use the hyped up threat of Gem-Hadar terrorism to militarise along star fleet boarders. As Usual Starfleet wastes years pussy footing around trying to make diplomatic solutions before finally realising at the last minute they need to actually do something quick. Que hastily built federation warships that haven't been tested properly and rookie crews to fight the war with the romulans. Throw a few Klingons and of course Q into the mix and you have an interesting story.

I don't understand the obsession with the puny federation getting all the storylines. The federation is to anal to be interesting. The best thing about ds9 was the romulan cardassian attempt to annihilate the founders. We need more pro active hostile alien action and less federation "lets defend the integrity of Starfleet crap".

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

clown bag wrote:
    meh, Starfleet haven't got the intergalactic balls for a Reaction and Infiltration Unit.

Why not make it interesting and make it a Romulan task force which gradually cleans up the remaining Gem-Hadar. (who I assume would be too busy going through cold turkey to be much of a threat anyway.) They could then under the pretence of this reaction force expand their empire taking over weakened federation sectors in the name of security from a non-existent Gem-Hadar threat. Have similarities to the war on terror where the romulans use the hyped up threat of Gem-Hadar terrorism to militarise along star fleet boarders. As Usual Starfleet wastes years pussy footing around trying to make diplomatic solutions before finally realising at the last minute they need to actually do something quick. Que hastily built federation warships that haven't been tested properly and rookie crews to fight the war with the romulans. Throw a few Klingons and of course Q into the mix and you have an interesting story.

I don't understand the obsession with the puny federation getting all the storylines. The federation is to anal to be interesting. The best thing about ds9 was the romulan cardassian attempt to annihilate the founders. We need more pro active hostile alien action and less federation "lets defend the integrity of Starfleet crap".

OP's plot, assuming the rogue Gem Hadar are in the Alpha Quadrant, is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

mcgarnicle wrote:
    OP's plot, assuming the rogue Gem Hadar are in the Alpha Quadrant, is way better.
    Well that put me well and truly in my place :(

Would still rather see the emphasis put on cunning alien races rather than the anal feds.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

clown bag wrote:
    Well that put me well and truly in my place :(

Would still rather see the emphasis put on cunning alien races rather than the anal feds.

I see where you're coming from, trek is pretty pretentious with its holier than thou outlook. But the fact is that is how trek is, if you want something gritty and realistic then stick with the new battle star galactica, even though i think that's a pile of ****e. sorry i'm rather drunk

• Advertisement
Advertisement