Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 316 Alarm

Options
  • 27-05-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a 98 316 coupe which says it has a BMW Alarm System. It has a flashing light beside the gear stick and an alarm system behind the glove box( I checked) but where is the siren located. Does anyone have a similar car so they could take a look and tell me. I dont have a fob to disarm or arm the alarm so I plan to buy one on EBay. Can anyone tell me it should look like (2 button / 3 button) Can anyone look in their owners manual to see how to reprogram the fob.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cochise

i have a 92 bmw 316, i would recommend getting a laserline installed in it. There's a guy in the old castle in macroom in cork, he's brilliant wired mine up to the bonnet, door and boot, gave me a fob to turn off the alarm and open the doors / turn on the alarm and lock the doors, it also has button to set off the alarm, they also come with an immobilizer. check out www.bimmerforums.com they'll help you more than i could.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

thanks for the reply cochise.
    However I have the alarm in it as far as I can make out. Juss not sure about the siren. I think all I need is the fob. Will check out the bimmerforums.

Advertisement