Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of advice

Options
  • 27-05-2006 4:31pm

Hi guys, I am a .22 target shooter, however I am thinking of getting a shotgun for messin about with clays for when I'm home..

Whats a good, solid, cheap gun?

I was thinking of an O/U as I have done a bit with them before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

if you intend on doing alot of shooting with it make sure you get something that will handle it you could also get a .22 for plinking and firing at reactive targets which is fun

if your not going to give it much work a second hand baikel wouldn't be a bad option and its not expensive

how much du have to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

A lanber is always worth a look , very much depends on the gun and how it's been used . Check carefully for things like pitted or dented barrels , sloppy lock up , and examine the face of the breech where the firing pins protrude .

If the holes are worn oval ..leave it.
    If the face is dented then the previous owner may have used it mainly with magnum rounds and it will be shook to bits.
    Have a look also for any signs of repair work to the stock.

Advertisement