Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Down Ritual

Options
  • 27-05-2006 5:42pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

What's everyone's cooling down ritual? I'd a stinker of an exam today - compared to one or two others it wasn't incredibly bad, but the stuff i'd spent hours learning didn't appear and I'd a mental blank at another derivation that i'd grinded for hours at. So naturally after the exam I was hopping mad.... and now i've tired myself out from giving out etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Bad luck, shit when that happens:( I tend to forget about exams quite quickly but I do like a good whine, especially if there's a few in the same situation, other than that the cinema's a good bet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I go to tesco, buy some random objects, go home and watch tv for an hour then go and study - for my last exam i went straight to houricans and got tipsy on a pint at 11 in the morning - tends wo work well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ball your eyes out (I did last August, there's nothing wrong with blokes crying!)
    or
    eat loads of chocolate (makes you feelgood)
    or
    get absloutely sh!tfaced on the booze (that would probably be Zane's most likely choice!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'd prob go home and load up a good shoot em up and blow lots of **** up....
    That or get drunk.... depends if I can get a drinking buddy or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Similiar boat...absolute mare today....no study for the rest of the day and try and forget all about it is the way to go.nout u can do now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Literally just chill out and don't study or contemplate anything more academic for the rest of the day. That's my way and it's worked fine for two full years now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Watch dvds or something thats a chill out "thing"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

get more hours in work

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Start a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Go for a really long run, you bust your gut properly and you will be in too much pain to worry bout your exam.when your finished you can then bask in the exhausted happiness that only endorphins can bring, thus alleviating the stress of your exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Have a savage ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Lollers Sangre theres always one who lowers the tone;)

OT: I dont do anything...same thing I do everyday really, doss around doin fúck all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'll lend you Mags. She'll make you break your shíte laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Sangre wrote:
    Have a savage ****.
    Inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sangre wrote:
    Have a savage ****.

Why would you want a savage to **** for you?

Different strokes for different folks. ;)

I would get my mind off of a disappointing exam by watching TV since it turns us into mindless zombies. 'We are watching Fox' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Sangre wrote:
    Have a savage ****.
    Blush_01 wrote:
    I'll lend you Mags
    Am I the only one who saw this link?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Am I the only one who saw this link?!?!

nah, i saw it too but felt that im too mature to comment on it....you teenagers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Red Alert wrote:
    What's everyone's cooling down ritual? I'd a stinker of an exam today - compared to one or two others it wasn't incredibly bad, but the stuff i'd spent hours learning didn't appear and I'd a mental blank at another derivation that i'd grinded for hours at. So naturally after the exam I was hopping mad.... and now i've tired myself out from giving out etc..

That always happens to me!ahh hate when that happens.Best thing to do is just forget about it.Worse thing to do after a bad exam is to linger on it and have the exam post mortem with the rest of your classmates.
    Just go for a walk with your headphones blaring Nivarna...works for me!

Eat some chocolate, that's always a good cure maybe Marks and Spencers cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Girls are the worst for exams, always stressing. Saw two girls coming out of exams crying today, I know for a fact they'll get firsts in it anyway.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    Girls are the worst for exams, always stressing. Saw two girls coming out of exams crying today, I know for a fact they'll get firsts in it anyway.

Drama Queens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Sangre wrote:

I like to cool down after my exams by making broad baseless generalisations and stereotyping.

I like to cool down after my exams by making broad baseless generalisations and stereotyping.

Don't you!

I like to cool down by saying that hes right. Just because you dont like it dosnt mean you can change it.:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm gonna have to agree with Sangre on this one
    [I'm gonna get stoned now arent I?]

Scraggs wrote:
    I'm gonna get stoned now arent I?

Would never have put you down for getting stoned after exams

Ditto. And I've a bit more knowledge about what does on in exam halls than most of you.

Right than Robin S tell us are girls really as bad as we know they are before / after exams

Well put it this way, I've never seen a bloke cry after an exam... or had to get one to breathe into a paper bag before one.

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote:
    Well put it this way, I've never seen a bloke cry after an exam... or had to get one to breathe into a paper bag before one.

That only happens when Im walking by ;) . Girls are hysterical by nature and irrational and there is no point in attempting to change biology.

Advertisement