Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions

Options
  • 27-05-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't smoke roll-ups myself, but my parents do, so I often end up rolling one or two when I'm stuck.
    The difference between the skins is just the thickness of paper as far as I'm aware.
    They can be hard to roll by hand, unless you've had months of practice... but it's no biggy because you can get rollers which are really simple to use after the first few attempts.
    I'm not sure exactly how many you'd get out of a pouch, and I think there are different sized pouches you can get... it'd be a damn sight more than 20 anyway ;)
    According to my folks, I'm mad to be wasting money on boxed ciggies... so by all accounts it works out a lot cheaper... especially if you can get your hands on some duty free stuff.
    Oh and don't forget to buy a box of filters while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Not sure tbh, I've never bought one... try local newsagents?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What about Asha in St Stephens Green SC?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't imagine so... not unless you get some fancy one.
    The ones I'm familiar with are just flimsy little plastic things... hand operated, just to save you the tricky finger-work you see when people are rolling joints :p
    I'd expect to pay about 2 euro for one tbh... not worth worrying about IMO.

Spiffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Around €3.50 or €7.50 (12.5g / 25g).

What are the difference between the skins you get?
    Potentially lots but you don't tend to get too much choice in Ireland when in comes to skins.

Here you've pretty much got your red rizzla and your green Rizla (and swan are the same). Both are the same shape and size but the green ones of both brands have cut-corners on the bottom. Some people prefer this as it makes it obvious which side has the gum.

It's just down to personal preference which one you go for really. I like red Rizla myself. (Ziz-Zag skins seem to have the best gum but I find the paper a bit too think).

If you start looking around you'll find all sorts of skins - fat, wide, thin, long, liquorice flavoured, etc. Again, just down to preference.

How many smokes would you get out of each pouch?
    Depends how much you smoke. I think euro for euro it works out cheaper than buying a box of fags, and you can self regulate the dosage. If you just want a wee smoke, you can just roll a wee one.
    Are they hard to roll?
    A single skin rollie? No. You shouldn't be using a machine to be honest, half the joy is rolling the cigarette yourself.

Advertisement