Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Movie Maker, Pinnacle or Adobe

• 27-05-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

it's been a while since I was here last.

I have mucked arround with the MS Movie Maker but although most of the out-of-the box effects were very good overall the package was very limited (unless you have perfect sound recording from the shot).

I moved to Pinnacle now and it does give more options and is quite good, it still feels a little homey.

My company are looking to produce a video for next years award ceremony and I jumped at the chance of doing it... still got plenty of time to prepare for it too...

The requirements are relatively standard (indeed Pinnacle would do it) but I want it to be as professional as it can be.

Should I move to Adobe. I tried to look at it some time back but I just couldn't get anything to work... looking back it was probably my stupidity.

Or is there another software package that I should be looking at?

If I can do it through the company luckily my budget will be a little healthier.

Sorry if my questions seem primitive but I am only just getting in to this using basic (and most importantly affordable) home equipment.

Thanks,

Phillip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It'd probably be better to post in Audio Visual Editing, but I'd go with Pinnacle.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

thanks mate!

didn't see that category... will post it there.

Downloading Adobe Premier at present... will have a play with it

Advertisement