Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kitchen/bathroom - which suppliers

Options
  • 27-05-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Could be fitting a new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms - looking for any recommendations for suppliers. Am in Dublin area and am looking for everything from tiles, kitchen units, granite to toilets, bath, shower, etc.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Been looking at the same myself. So far B&Q look to be the best price going but I haven't seen the kit yet so no guarantees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

went with Davies a couple of years back. Happy enough with them.
    Would steer clear of 'Tubs 'n Tiles' - ordered a bathroom radiator, paid for it, told to collect it on a thursday, thankfully called before driving out there to be told it was to be collected on the saturday. When I got there on the saturday morning - comedian in warehouse told me that it had arrived but was 'broken'.

For me, if something cant sit in a warehouse for around 24 hours without getting broken then I didnt want them ordering a new one. Cancelled the order and went elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

inHouse/Panelling Centre seem to be very good
    C&C kitchens are also ok
    B&Q have some nice stuff also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

soc$ wrote:
    Could be fitting a new kitchen and 2 new bathrooms - looking for any recommendations for suppliers. Am in Dublin area and am looking for everything from tiles, kitchen units, granite to toilets, bath, shower, etc.

Thanks in advance...

Hi
    Cash and carry are the best for there price you will get ask anyone in the trade
    B&Q are diy stuff and you can see that when it is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

Cash and carry for the price are a good product. You mentioned granite and I got granite tops from Cafferies in Drogheda(memorial works) a few years back and they were half the price of Dublin counter top suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Carpenter wrote:
    B&Q are diy stuff and you can see that when it is finished
    I disagree.
    Are you saying that the actual product is more DIY than C&C or the fitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

For Bathrooms I found Euro Bathrooms just off the Greenhills Road in Walkinstown very reasonble compared to a lot of other suppliers, they also gave a decent discount when we bought a few items from them.

For taps have a look at here:
    http://stores.ebay.ie/BATHROOMPOINT

You wouldn't believe the price of Taps from Dublin Retailers, I reckon I saved €150 by using the Ebay seller above.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

We got a really nice kitchen from Habitat - they do 3 different styles. Solid beech and very easy to put together. Was a similar price to Inhouse.

Advertisement