Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options
  • 13-04-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

For a long time I've been an avid enthuiast in the paranormal and the investigation of same, yet I have never gotten around to going on any real susbstantial investigation. I have only gone on one "hunt" with very nominal success

"
    In the house, I couldn;t take any photos with my digital camera. I had put in fresjh batteries that day and the camera wouldn;t power on. I swapped out from ANOTHER pack of fresh duracels and the camera turned on, flashed low battery and turned off. (To note, when I got back to my house, I tried to turn on the camera and it came on no problem, showing the batteries at 75%!)

Again in the house the video camera could pick up nothing. This is due to it having a bad lo-light function, which I was trying to subsedise with a fully charged floodlight. The light turned on, had a slight glow and then died off. It was still drained when I ernt back home, yet i checked it as i left the house! Weird!!)

Then, outside there was a tapping on a boarded up window that seemed to react to commands. When we asked for a sign, the tapping started, when we asked for further proof it stopped. At this time ther was no wind, and no rain. Clear light, and nothign seen (was using mag light and light sticks).

"

Does anyone else have an interest in this sort of thing, IM me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Wow, I'd love to hear more about this! Any more info on this place you visited? Where was it? Any stories surrounding it? Did you feel any kind of energy (positive or negative) or "atmosphere"?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

I had no ideas of any stories of the place, its in clonsilla. I've been meaning to head back and do a proper investigation of it with more people some night. Now i've got my EMF reader and Spectograph i might go soon. ANyone interested is invited!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Oh yeah! I love this kind of stuff. As for hunting in dublin no can do but if youre ever in munster i would gladly meet up. Please keep us informed of any sighting or outings!
    :cool:
    By the by i love your avatar meat product.

Originally posted by Torlac
    Oh yeah! I love this kind of stuff. As for hunting in dublin no can do but if youre ever in munster i would gladly meet up. Please keep us informed of any sighting or outings!
    :cool:
    By the by i love your avatar meat product.
    Ah great, thanks very much!! I'd be all on for doing something in Munster too. I could drive us up to Dublin though to meet up with Malico. Maybe there is some place between Dublin and Cork where we could investigate?

Nick

Yeah that would be class. weekends would suit best. any idea where to go hunting!!?

• Advertisement

I'd definatly be game for that! I have my motorbike so can basically head anywhere! Anyone know anywhere good to have an investigation?

how do haunted areas feel about us going into their house? Works for most haunted!!

What equiptment do you guys have? I have:

Digital Video Camera
    Digital Camera (stills)
    EMF Detector
    Spectrograph.
    Laptop

Ian

I have:

Minolta Z1 Digital camera (can take video also)
    Dell 8500 Laptop
    Portable Mini-disk recorder + good mic

I don't have any of the fancy stuff you have though ;)

What else would we need, I'm completely new to this sort of investigation.

Nick

Hehe!! the EMF detector was only like 40 dollars. Gotta love EBay!

you got anywher in miond?

Here and here are sites that we could use to locate a place between Dublin and Cork.

Nick

I'd love to hit
    Charleville Castle
    leap castle.
    Ross Castle, Killarney

How big a crew can we get together. I can get 1, maybe 2 more.

have you any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Well they all sound good to me! I'll ask my g/f along, she's a bit psychic. I'll ask my sister too, she is very psychic.

It would be nice to make some sort of camping event out of it maybe. Would be cool to get everyone on the paranormal board along to it!

Nick

THIS IS GRREAAT. All i have is http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000643XU/002-1833771-7283233
    Sorry i not sure how to put it as a link
    So lets set a time and place and lets see what we can find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bekka

Hey everybody!

I'm very interested in joining this little eclectic group too? Meat seems to be "the boss" here....;) so, what date?

Bekka

my camcorder doesn't work too well in the dark.
    I'm not sure if i can get anyone else interested in going but i'll see!!

hi bekka i've never done anything like this before.
    Malico and meat seem to be more clued up on it but i think the more the merrier
    So i'll suggest a date lets say May 1st (saturday)

May 1st? Sounds good for me but is it enough time to get a big massive crowd to come? What do you think Malico, Bekka and Torlac?
    Bekka, can you bring along any extra people with you? Will we bring pets also? ;)
    So what do people think of the camping idea? Or should it be just a day trip?

Nick

may 1st is good. not so sure about the camping. Where would we put the tents. mst of these castles are on private property so that could be a problem. anyway we'll be up most of the night trying to find ghosts won't we. as for location i know that ross castle is locked up at night and full of tourists by day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bekka

1st of May sounds good to me! About bringing other creatures: I'm not sure yet, we'll see!

Bekka

Originally posted by Torlac
    may 1st is good. not so sure about the camping. Where would we put the tents. mst of these castles are on private property so that could be a problem. anyway we'll be up most of the night trying to find ghosts won't we. as for location i know that ross castle is locked up at night and full of tourists by day
    Yes, private property could be an issue there. I wonder if there is some old abbey out in the sticks somewhere that we could night-time access to.
    We really would need to be there at night anyway since the energies we would be investigating are more active in the night.

Nick

May 1. Sounds the business.

Where is everyone from?

Me, Ian, is In Dublin. Transport is a motorcycle (Honda RVF 400r) and I have a 6 person tent (Which is small packed and designed to be carted on a tent. )

So where's the general concensus?

we shoudl ge tan quiptment list down. So far it seams we have

1 X Digital Camcorder (No external light, i'll see if i can borrow a nightshot camcorder)
    1 XPanasnic SVAV10 MPEG4 e-Wear Digital Camcorder w/ Still Mode/MP3/Voice Recording & 64MB SC Card (Silver) ;)
    2 X high end laptops (1 with spectograph software)
    2 X Digital camera
    1 X tent
    2 X Mini disks
    1 X EMF detector
    1 X crate of beer ;)

anythign to add!

Just for the info of people I'm 23, Dublin and been on about 3 ghost hunts.

• Advertisement

We really would need to be there at night anyway since the energies we would be investigating are more active in the night.

And its spookier!!

well i'm 28 living in cork have my own car. no tent just yet but can pick one up handy enough and if i don't i'll kip in the car done it loads of times. never tried this hunting before though i can't wait to try

That list looks pretty good. Could I suggest that Ian heads up this investigation since he seems to have the most experience with it?

I suppose a few high-end headphones would be handy too. I have a 3-person tent that may or may not still be covered in cow crap. So myself and my g/f will be in that with space for one more.

To give everyone my low-down: I'm 24, I'll be driving a car ( Honda Civic Coupe 1.6 VTec). I'm on my second provisional license, just you warn ye ;) I've never been on any kind of paranormal investigation except for watching the ghost busters ;)

Nick

PS: I can bring suntan lotion too, factor 200 should do the trick.

EDIT: I'm in Cork

I'll gladly do it! Thanks for your faith in me!! :)

I've asked one of my friends, a medium from Newry, to come on down and give us a hand. If she can make it, it will be good to have that side too.

Ok, we have the equiptment, the people, the time and the date.. Hmm. ALl we need now is a place.... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

sweet car meat ibet the insurance makes it worth while!!
    So Ian will you be our Egon on this trip. We need to set a target.
    checked out your bike nice ride!;)

Originally posted by malico
    I'll gladly do it! Thanks for your faith in me!! :)

I've asked one of my friends, a medium from Newry, to come on down and give us a hand. If she can make it, it will be good to have that side too.

Ok, we have the equiptment, the people, the time and the date.. Hmm. ALl we need now is a place.... Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Great, your medium friend would be a real asset. I'll try and contact someone who might know a bit more about haunted places. I'm there are some websites we could find that would have more info on this.
    sweet car meat ibet the insurance makes it worth while!!
    So Ian will you be our Egon on this trip. We need to set a target.
    checked out your bike nice ride!
    LOL! The old insurance...... All I can say is that karma is gonna come and bite the insurance company on the arse one of these days....

Nick

Oh crap, isn't May 1st May Day? I'm not sure I want to miss out on the protests? If no one else here is going to the protest in Dublin then I don't mind missing it too much but I would like to go.

Nick

How about the 24th of April then? I'm away on the 8th of May but that's all.

Wither days i'm easy!

All we need is a place, and I'm sure we can find that in a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    Well they all sound good to me! I'll ask my g/f along, she's a bit psychic. I'll ask my sister too, she is very psychic.

It would be nice to make some sort of camping event out of it maybe. Would be cool to get everyone on the paranormal board along to it!

Nick

I don't mind coming along to this at all, sounds like fun, just like Most Haunted in a way, except Irish :)

And, I do believe I'm grand for May 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

How about the 24th of April then? I'm away on the 8th of May but that's all.

Wither days i'm easy!

All we need is a place, and I'm sure we can find that in a week!!

What day is 24th April... Hmmm.... By the looks of it, it's a Saturday, and next week... Damn, that's short notice, lol... But I think I should be able to make it, though have we decided on a location yet?

Advertisement