Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

definately want to sign up for the next one.

any idea when you'll be heading back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Sometime in August, I figure...

PS: Ian, I sent you a PM, or should have... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Thinking of heading down on 12th of June. Give then a hand for their festival. Not called him yet but I'm sure he;d love to have us down again.

Who'd be up for it?

Ian

I'm all for it... Next time, I want to discuss with you a couple of policies regarding note taking, ie: me handing you the notes I've taken, instead me taking them with me back home, where I tend to forget where I leave them after showing my mum, lol :p

How about we all meet up some night in city for coffee, say the Thursday before the trip and discuss everythign and then head on the Saturday

train is nice and only like 24 euro! (unless we have drivers... anyone, anyone....)

Food MEGA cheap (Lidl)
    and accomidation is free.

i'd like a good large group to go, as we didn;t get to explore NEARLY enough last time. So who'd be interested?

I think andy will tell ya all that it was a little scary at points but we all survived and had a GREAT time! :)

Ian

• Advertisement

Indeed Ian, indeed.

By the way, I have a little present for ye, well 2...

Check 'em out:

http://www.prai.net.ms/
    http://www.p-r-a-i.net.ms/

I thought you could do with a new URL (or 2!) since we had to change our name :)

PS: I'm up for the Thurdsay thingy... I'm in Dublin from 830am, till 5pm usually, but I can make it longer :)

Good man!!

:)

just looking at the video! ypou're funny.. and my voice is funnY! :)

Did you see the new pictures!!

Not yet... ::goes and looks::

Good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Woo those pictures are awesome.

What exactly are Orbs?

Those pictures are actually amazing to look at.

:O - Shocked!

If a group went, I would definitely go no doubt about it.

Orbs and mists... That's what they are :)

Edit: Ooops, I misread the question... Basically, orbs are first-stage ghost manifestations, they look like balls of light, and hence why they're called orbs. They're usually quite fast, so it's possible to just miss them, or see them out of the corner of your eye...

• Advertisement

A few people are saying "if a group goes, i'll go.."

So go on, put your names down!!

You know you want to ;)

You want to let us hog all the glory? :p

There's a topic on the PRI forum. If you wanna go, post ther eas well so we can get numbers. So far i think the origional 3 are going, I'd say Nick, Keith and Torlac may make it. peachypants says she will too. So all in all thats 7 so far. Anyone else. want a nice BIG croud so we can split into teams

I replied... My mum may come along too.

D'oh!!

I meant the 19th!! I'm medic at the chillis the 12th!!

Ian

Whos; up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

oooh if its the 19th i should be able to make it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Originally posted by Kennett
    Orbs and mists... That's what they are :)

Edit: Ooops, I misread the question... Basically, orbs are first-stage ghost manifestations, they look like balls of light, and hence why they're called orbs. They're usually quite fast, so it's possible to just miss them, or see them out of the corner of your eye...

These are just artifacts due to imperfections in the glass in your camera lens.
    If you checked it out anywhere with a real science backround you would be able to find out about it, but of course nobody who wants the supernatural to be real is willing to believe real scientific evidence :)

Just for you peachy!! ;)

So far for the 19th we have Kenneth, Myself, Peachy and another guy I kno from IPG.

Nick / Torlac: You guys lost interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Nope, I didn't lose interest, I'll be in Vienna then so it's a no go for me.

Nick

Originally posted by minority
    These are just artifacts due to imperfections in the glass in your camera lens.
    If you checked it out anywhere with a real science backround you would be able to find out about it, but of course nobody who wants the supernatural to be real is willing to believe real scientific evidence :)

One catch... I saw them away from the camera... My camera was crap in the dark.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by malico
    Just for you peachy!! ;)

So far for the 19th we have Kenneth, Myself, Peachy and another guy I kno from IPG.

Nick / Torlac: You guys lost interest

For the record, the only thing that can stop me is lack of money ;)

Btw, seems my mum can't go because it falls on a day she has my sister for the weekend...

Edit: For the record, most of my weekends are free, if not all. Only ones that won't be are occurring some time in October/November... I'll notify in advance, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Originally posted by Kennett
    One catch... I saw them away from the camera... My camera was crap in the dark.

Happens with your eyes too, even more than with a camera lens because of the fluid in your eyes.
    Its much more prevelent in low light conditions too.

Seems a bit odd because they were whizzing around... Still, we do have proof that there's ghosts at Charleville.

well from what I see, there's a lot of sceptics here. I say good. People that are sceptical are ALWYAS welcome on investigations. Hell if they don't become believers at least they had a good time.

So andy you defo up for the 19th anyway?

Indeed I am Ian :)

I'll be sure to be a little more prepared this time around too... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I agree, its best to have skeptics...they always scream more loudly

but seriously, the main reason for these type of investigations is to try and find proof of the existance of something "supernatural", why go if you believe. A believer will tell you they don't need any proof.

He he!!

remote are you comming?

I'm more of an open mindedd person. I look to paranormal as a possibility when all others are exhausted, not as a first!

More prepared andy? The extra brown rubber safety pants this time!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

no, I have a ghost phobia and I'm afraid of the dark.
    openminded is good, I have good enough reason to believe too but I try to keep a healthy level of skepticism.
    I know that there is evidence and definitive proof out there (i've seen it) and its good to see people seriously looking into the area trying to provide those all elusive answers.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Originally posted by malico
    He he!!

remote are you comming?

I'm more of an open mindedd person. I look to paranormal as a possibility when all others are exhausted, not as a first!

More prepared andy? The extra brown rubber safety pants this time!! ;)

I actually do the same Ian.

And, not really like that... More better taking of notes... lol

Edit: I got an Ultrasonic Distance Measurer yesterday, for measuring distance :)

• Advertisement

I'm gonna get my ass around to printing up the report sheets this time.. its on my list! :)

Just talkign to Dud. they're looking forward to seeing us on the 19th!

Advertisement