Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Not common.
    the point is spirits were people before. And, as it is, some people are assholes, some are nice... Thusly, some spirits are assholes!!

You gonna come play SheroN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Nah doesn't sound like my bag to be honest with you. Cheers anyway. I find the whole thing kinda hard to believe, Kennett's worries about bad spirits etc, should ya not be more worried about getting to and from the site safely?(car accidents etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

the point is spirits were people before. And, as it is, some people are assholes, some are nice... Thusly, some spirits are assholes!![/qoute]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by SheroN
    Nah doesn't sound like my bag to be honest with you. Cheers anyway. I find the whole thing kinda hard to believe, Kennett's worries about bad spirits etc, should ya not be more worried about getting to and from the site safely?(car accidents etc).

We never had problems before... It's not that far fom the train station...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I'm not trying to make fun, it's just I find it difficult to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I'm not trying to make fun, it's just I find it difficult to believe

I think we can pick up impressions in the general atmosphere, some people call it vibes (good or bad) its just like energy transference. it might be minute and undetectable in general terms but anyone sensative enough can pick up on those transmissions, awares or not.
    If you consider how the presence of a person can affect you, by way of projecting thoughts or feelings, directly or indirectly, you get an idea of energy transference.
    So if you've been hanging around with a bunch of numbnuts a lot, when you move out of their company, you might find they have left an impression on your psyche.(Same goes if you have spent the evening in good company.) In some ways this is like a residue of their personality.

now all you got to do is figure out if the same rules apply when someone stops living. does that energy transfer or cease to exist completely?

The thing with haunted houses and the like, is its usually the case that some person or incident has left a bit of residue behind. This is what emf readers pick up.
    can it attack you?
    Its not a living breathing thing, so not really, although I am lead to believe that given enough energy, this residue can manifest in a few ways, can interfere with electricity and things (like lightbulbs blowing) or can become apparant in plasma form.
    Sometimes it just leaves an impression of feelings.

but it is really all a question of what you choose to believe at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sprint316

hey all,

im really interested in the paranormal and would love to be part of the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Id love to get involved in this-its on the nineteenth you say?<checks lc time table>I can go-probably.

Where are ye two based?

Im based in Laois.

• Advertisement

Hmm... You'd be pretty close to Tullamore. You'd be better off heading to the train station in Tullamore, and we'd meet you there or something... I'm not sure. Ian might be better for saying what is what, lol

Grand-im about 15 minute drive from Tullamore itll be no bother.

Cool. In the runup to the actual event, well be posting up info... Actually, come to think of it...

Great!Im looking forward to this-should be an interesting experience.

Indeed it shall :)

Looking forward to meeting you :)

Anyone else looking to go, or follow up, please refer to the thread marked "Charleville Castle II"

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ok count me in. (Why do i do this to myself? Im the biggest wuss in the world when it comes to this stuff).

So what is the deal? Do you have to spend the night there?

Ok so ye count me in, I would probably drive down. May be able to bring some people down so if there were four of us from Dublin goin in the car, all I want is petrol covered. So we could chip in a fiver each possibly including myself to get 20euros worth of Petrol? May be cheaper than the train and handier.

As of now and me saying yes: "Ian, Andy, Peachy, Niall and Donal from IPG" are all definitely going.

Looks big crowd enough to me. Nobody better leave me on my own! :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sprint316

hey kennett,

im in dublin ill gladly make my own way down

Hi All

cheese and sprint316 can you e-mial me your contact details so i can add you to my list?

orangerooster, got your e-mial and you see yourself on the list! we'll meet you in the train station or somewhere in tullamore
    the address is:

investigate@p-r-i.cjb.net

Just so you know, the deal is we do grunt work int he afternoon and then we have the castle.

The trustee will be very happy to have such a large work party. BTW, here is the current list:

(from PRAI website)

The team

Ian Murphy will be lead investigator on this trip.

Confirmed members of the team are:

Andrew Kenneth

Niall Kearney

Stephanie Reilly

Donal Looney

Evan Broderick

Brian Furey

cheese
    sprint316

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

has anyone considered comeing to galway?

There is a site that i know of localy called Castle Hacket (which is about 7 miles outside Tuam).

According to celtic lore the hill is the homestead of the kind of the fairys from the west and apart from now being part of a protected land resirve there is the remains of a ruined castle at the foot of the hill.

It is also a site of quiet a large number of "sightings" of unusual activity.

Regarding camping etc. as i have in the past camped out there (and sadly have not personaly seen anything visualy, but have felt things emotionaly regarding the area) i would not say there is any problem.

Apart from its obvious (and unusually quiet unknown background) its located where three lay lines converge, so i would incourage any individuals or groups out there to definetly consider visiting there.

Satori

We'll definatly ad dit to the list of PRAI investigations. Will you be our guide on it?

Ian

• Advertisement

My surname is still wrong there Ian, lol... It's 'tt'

Originally posted by satori

There is a site that i know of localy called Castle Hacket (which is about 7 miles outside Tuam).

According to celtic lore the hill is the homestead of the kind of the fairys from the west and apart from now being part of a protected land resirve there is the remains of a ruined castle at the foot of the hill.

Regarding camping etc. as i have in the past camped out there (and sadly have not personaly seen anything visualy, but have felt things emotionaly regarding the area) i would not say there is any problem.

Apart from its obvious (and unusually quiet unknown background) its located where three lay lines converge, so i would incourage any individuals or groups out there to definetly consider visiting there.

Satori

Hmm... Sounds like a fun trip actually... Ironically, we'd be taking the same train that we took to Tullamore, lol

Thank you very much for considering my proposal, as I do believe the area is worth looking into and I apologies for the delay in replying.

As with your suggestion of being the guide, I would have to seriously consider it as I currently harbour a lot of negative associations with the area for a personal reason.

I do know of a Wiccan circle that use the grounds from time to time and could inquire into a possible guide, as they would surely have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the area then I would.

Again it’s just a thought.

Satori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

satori wrote:

Satori

Is that out bandearg way?

Its is about 5 miles outside the town of Tuam, it can be seen as the first of the two large hills as you head towords Galway city on the N17.

(admitedly i was 2 miles off target. lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ban an ti

Any ghost busting going on. Can I come along. My friend was on great
    one last week in Woodlawn house in Galway. Scared the crap out of him. It
    made me a bit jealous. Tell me if your planning any nights out in haunted houses.

We have a few places lined up at th emoment. Some famous, and some residential investigations. No public investigations are planned as yet, but will keep you posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ban an ti

Listen Watson, did you call Mr Scales a gay lord and stomp out of the brewery in fury today.. :p Thanks Malico by the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ban an ti wrote:
    Listen Watson, did you call Mr Scales a gay lord and stomp out of the brewery in fury today.. :p Thanks Malico by the way

Am I really slow here?

Advertisement