Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I am also extremely confused :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SamuraiWarrior

Saruman and I are anxiously awaiting the next ghost hunt. Please do keep us posted, malico. We watched a lot of Dead Famous and Most Haunted Unseen and consider ourselves professionals now. :D Hope to hear from you soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MO141278

hi there, new to the place, was just wondering, if anyone is allowed to attend your ghost investigations or do you have a specific list or group. Extremely huge intrest in ghosts, and have been looking for a paranormal research group in ireland, not to many seem to be advertised. let me know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Basically, how it goes is that we have a public investigation where anyone is allowed to go, and then we have closed investigations where only members/associate members are allowed to go. At the moment, there are no plans for any public investigations.

Our site though, is at: http://www.paranormalireland.org if you're interested.

Regards

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I'm very interested in this thread, my dad taught me alot of things about ghost when I was a kid, but he thinks there's a bit different between european ghost and asian, the biggest problem he had was the communication problem! he had experience of communicate with the paranomal in hong kong, we have been living here in ireland for almost 12yrs now and we have encounter only just 1 paranormal activity with one of his friends niece which was getting trouble by some short of paranormal activity! we went to meet her, my dad did a few things, he tried to speak to this girl which wasn't herself at the time, it wasn't like anything showing in the movies tho, she speak with her own voice but things that she was saying doesn't relate to herself what so ever but after a few hours later she just doesn't remember what she had been talking about! but even since then she doesn't feels tired all the time and feels much better, when that had happened she only just came home from america, it was due to the reason that she always feel tired and doesn't remember half the things she been doing good few times a week!

I read up alot of things about paranormal activities in the asian region and the european region and there seems to be a good bit of a different between them, but also very similar in someway!

if you guys have anymore meeting please keep me posted, if I am free I would love to join!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

malico wrote:
    I had no ideas of any stories of the place, its in clonsilla. I've been meaning to head back and do a proper investigation of it with more people some night. Now i've got my EMF reader and Spectograph i might go soon. ANyone interested is invited!

Malico, would this by any chance be Clonsilla Lodge? I live in Clonsilla and I'm pretty interested in paranormal activity, and I'd love to know of local "haunted" locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

malico wrote:
    Hey everyone!

For a long time I've been an avid enthuiast in the paranormal and the investigation of same, yet I have never gotten around to going on any real susbstantial investigation. I have only gone on one "hunt" with very nominal success

"
    In the house, I couldn;t take any photos with my digital camera. I had put in fresjh batteries that day and the camera wouldn;t power on. I swapped out from ANOTHER pack of fresh duracels and the camera turned on, flashed low battery and turned off. (To note, when I got back to my house, I tried to turn on the camera and it came on no problem, showing the batteries at 75%!)

Again in the house the video camera could pick up nothing. This is due to it having a bad lo-light function, which I was trying to subsedise with a fully charged floodlight. The light turned on, had a slight glow and then died off. It was still drained when I ernt back home, yet i checked it as i left the house! Weird!!)

Then, outside there was a tapping on a boarded up window that seemed to react to commands. When we asked for a sign, the tapping started, when we asked for further proof it stopped. At this time ther was no wind, and no rain. Clear light, and nothign seen (was using mag light and light sticks).

"

Does anyone else have an interest in this sort of thing, IM me!

Hiya i was just wonderin by any chance is this place with the boarded up windows with the tapping is it called the Haunto and is it like and old house thats burnt out that apperantly people saw an old woman standing at the burnt staircase

probably not but worth a chance
    saz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Hello! I'm from Cork City and would be interested on a going on a ghost hunt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Kennett wrote:
    Basically, how it goes is that we have a public investigation where anyone is allowed to go, and then we have closed investigations where only members/associate members are allowed to go.

How does one become a member / associate member if there are never any public investigations?
    no offence but as far as I can see (from an outsiders view) from the formation to the current situation with gaining membership- A group of people from here went on a few ghost hunts (I had planned to go to a few, but time constraints are a nightmare) and out of this deciede to form the "Paranormal Research Association of Ireland" (sounds official dosen't it?) which is basically a "club for the boys" (boys isn't meant in a sexiest way there btw).

On a completely different note, with regard to batteries dieing, a possibel explaination is that battery life decreases when in tempature drops, the battery will regain the power on return to normal tempature. This is quiet a common problem for mountaineers especially in colder climates, where a stock of batteries may be required. Since ghost hunts (is that the right term?) mainly take place at night, often in old buildings (some now inhabitated and in ruin) you would be working in lower tempatures and thus reducing the battery life. Obvious this is all relative ie; did that battery gradually lose power but at a much quicker rate than normal or did it just die straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Hi Gillo,

In relation to your comment, the Paranormal Research Association of Ireland is not a "boys club" of any sorts. In the last 4 months we have held 2 competitions for membership. We have a number of good, trustworthy full and associate members.

Joining the PRAI has changed in recent times. Now, we have a bank of 4 tests that we conduct on potentials. after which, they are invited on an investigation. If they show themselves to have a strong teamwork ability, ability to follow guidance and offer their own opinions, be able to take lead and use own intuitive, they are then asked to join the team. We currently have 7 members (4 Full, 3 Associate).

At the moment we are not running any public investigations. This is simply because we have not had the time. We have been investigating peoples residences, and these visits take up a lot of our time, as it is where the real helping happens. A public investigation is on the cards, we will post here and in the PRAI official website, http://www.praofi.org.

Thanks for your comment, and I look forward to seeing you on a trip,

Kind regards,

Ian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭satori

Cjecked the site and it seems its currently under some sort of review/clean up and should be back on line in a few minutes/hours i guess.

(see they work hard!)

heheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mime

I would love to stay the night in Charleville Castle too,but I think the best way would be to book a room.There is no way tents would be allowed on the grounds.

No point in having a tent really, as all the action happens indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OllieReed

If you want Ghosts, check out the Leap Castle in Offaly/Tipp..... This place is nuts and is owned by a bearded fiddle player that loves people asking about the place. It has a "ghost" that is supposed to resemble a small man with the head of a goat, and it stinks. This means, I'm told, that its an elemental. Which is not good news if you know what I mean. Normally people smell the foulness of Goatboy before they see him and freak out and there about 13 other ghosts there... frequently spotted by locals and visitors. I went there myself many times and I gotta say its as spooky as hell. It has dungeons and buckets of stories based around torture and psycho priests.
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

I have heard of a ghost that is regularly seen near where I live in Maynooth. Basically if you happen to be driving along the Maynooth Road late at night and you pass the graveyard (cliché I know!) this old man with a tweed cap crosses the road right in front of you. You jam on the breaks and he just fades away into the bushes on the other side of the road or you "hit" him, stop and get out thinking you've just nailed some old pensioner - even though there's no bump or damage to the car - and there's no sign of the old chap. It happened to a barman friend of mine when he was driving home after a late shift, and taxi-drivers are reluctant to drive past that cemetary late at night. As for elementals and such, I had something pretty evil in my room last year. My mother insisted on getting a priest in and the activity subsided, but recently we've begun hearing footsteps upstairs when there's no one up there. The house isn't even that old -20 years or so tops. Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

i was just wondering if anyone knew of any haunted places in the tralee area?i know its a long shot that you would know one as to my knowledge none of ye are from tralee but if you knew of any possible one it would be pretty helpfull, im 100% shure that nuns wood is haunted but the only problem is that its turned into a total pavie area and your risking a bit too much when you enter.

OllieReed wrote:
    If you want Ghosts, check out the Leap Castle in Offaly/Tipp..... This place is nuts and is owned by a bearded fiddle player that loves people asking about the place. It has a "ghost" that is supposed to resemble a small man with the head of a goat, and it stinks. This means, I'm told, that its an elemental. Which is not good news if you know what I mean. Normally people smell the foulness of Goatboy before they see him and freak out and there about 13 other ghosts there... frequently spotted by locals and visitors. I went there myself many times and I gotta say its as spooky as hell. It has dungeons and buckets of stories based around torture and psycho priests.
    :eek:

The PRAI went there with another group a while ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Does anyone know of anywhere in Co.Sligo or anywhere in the north-west? I've heard that Longford house near Ballisadare is haunted, and has some dungeons where many people were supposed to have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stewy

hey

am new to this site, but am looking to chat with people who want to get a feild reseach trip into the paranormal going, any takers? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Stewy wrote:
    hey

am new to this site, but am looking to chat with people who want to get a feild reseach trip into the paranormal going, any takers? :cool:

Hello,

I may be interested. I am a bit of a sceptic and I have never been on one before but would like to try it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 THE DUDE.......

does anybody know of any haunted buildings etc. in the cavan-westmeath-longford area??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Kirk, JT (Capt)

You don't have to go to places to look for the paranormal. It's all around you. You just need to open your mind.

Hi,

I don't beleive in Ghosts. I have never seen one and I have never had anything close to a paranormal experience.

How come people only have these paranormal experiences at night? Do spirits not come out during the day -are they all vampires or something?

There is no such thing as ghosts , its just over active imaginations and people's minds playing tricks - especially at night. The dark frightens everyone.

The reason haunted houses exist is to make money. People clean up on this stuff. Someone then makes up a photo with some "person like" feature in the background. What a load of nonsense. People should have more to worry about than ghosts. They do NOT exist.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

finnpark wrote:
    Hi,

I don't beleive in Ghosts. I have never seen one and I have never had anything close to a paranormal experience.

How come people only have these paranormal experiences at night? Do spirits not come out during the day -are they all vampires or something?

There is no such thing as ghosts , its just over active imaginations and people's minds playing tricks - especially at night. The dark frightens everyone.

The reason haunted houses exist is to make money. People clean up on this stuff. Someone then makes up a photo with some "person like" feature in the background. What a load of nonsense. People should have more to worry about than ghosts. They do NOT exist.

Thats that then, so. I guess we all better just go home.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

finnpark wrote:
    Hi,

Can i see some proof please?

Its very easy to say 100% something doesnt exist when you have nothing to back this up with. Atleast people workign in this field are trying to get some results.

Now Im a skeptic, I havent seen anything to tell me 'ghosts' exist, but my brothers and sister have, and there not crazy people, nor do they scare easily, and while my sister is, my brother is not afraid of the dark.
    So i'll keep an open mind to it, but I would still like some hard evidence, not just blindly dismiss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Kirk, JT (Capt)

Of course they exist. It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

finnpark wrote:
    Hi,

That's okay, not everyone has had one.

Well, ghosts do tend to be stronger at night and when it is cold, though I'm not entirely sure why. I am aware that ghosts don't like light though.

I'll have to differ in opinion here. I've been on enough investigations to think otherwise.

Not every place that is haunted is there to make money. Making sweeping generalisations like that will get you into trouble. Also, with regards to ghosts not existing, do you have any proof to back up your statement? I tend to get somewhat frustrated when people say that ghosts aren't real and fail to back up what they say with proof. I feel that it's unfair that people have to have proof to say that ghosts exist, yet on the flipside, a lot of the time, people who say ghosts don't exist don't need proof to say that they don't exist, which is double standard in my opinion.

This is not directly aimed at you. I'm merely saying what my sentiments regarding people who say that ghosts don't exist and don't offer up any proof on the matter.

Hi,

You cannot prove that something doesn't exist. In saying the proof is that there is no proof that ghosts exist.

Hand on heart can anyone on this forum really say 100% that they have seen a ghost?

The ghosts that people see are just vague figments of their imaginations. People who beleive in Ghosts are the same kind of people who beleive in aliens and George Bush :) .

Its good that people are trying to "invent" this thing because ghost stories make great conversation which cant be a bad thing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hand on my heart I can say i have, 18 paranormal experiences of note to date. On 11 of those cases i have seen a ghost, on one occassion i have felt something, taken a photo and have had a figure appear, I was in college at the time & i had my Photography lecturer check out the negative and the camera when i developed the film, he found nothing on the camera that could have caused it. Given the history of the building i was in he wasnt surprised at all.
    Before anyone asks i will not post the picture on here for my own reasons, but will bring it to the Meet&Greet.
    If i wanted to fake a photo i could, as i said i have studied photography and work as a graphic designer who manipulated photos everyday, i know by saying that i will lose some credability but i have to be honest, besides this picture was taken on a Pentax K1000 fully manual camera.

So yes i have seen a ghost!

6th

• Advertisement

Hi,

So lets say I beleive you.

18 paranormal experiences while me and most others get none. How come? Are you "special" in some way that Ghosts seem to like you or is it that you experience these, as you are trying to experience them - in other words are you making big deals of very little.

Why would a Ghost not just walk up to you? Why do they have to appear in background photographs? If Ghosts do exist you would think that they would either be there or not - in most "experiences" they seem to be a shadow or blur or some strange feeling. I just cannot beleive it .

I do beleive that you beleive you have seen 18 Ghosts or whatever. I don't think your lying. But still its just so unconvincing like every single ghost story Ive ever heard.

Thanks Anyway.

Advertisement