Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

hi finnpark,

These are the type of posts i love, i'm so glad that not only do people think this way but the go to the trouble of asking questions.

Q: Why dont people just see ghost everywhere?
    Q: Why do rainbows on appear after rain?
    Q: Why does lightning only happen at certain times?

A: (In my opinion) Its all about the right conditions and circumstances.

Even though i have seen ghosts, that does not mean that i will see them everytime they are around. I've also been to "haunted" places and seen & felt nothing. Also with the cases where i have seen or felt things i dont believe i would have experienced ALL of those things if it wasnt for the fact that i prepare myself by meditating, and doing exercises for my mind. In alot of cases its about preparing and opening myself up.

Q: Am i "special"?

A: I'd like to think so, but no more special than anyone who has something they are good at. It is kind of natural to me just as sports come natural to others. For example most of use are capable of playing football, we could practice and train and get better & better, but there are stilll some poeple who for some unknown reason are natural talented. So i believe that with practice, patients, the right conditions ... and a bit of luck, you to are capable of a paranormal experience.

Have a read of the "Paranormal Group thread" & the "Meet& Greet thread", you are more than welcome to get involved with either of these as you may not believe but you seem to want to but the great thing is you question everything, its great to have people like you around and posting on here.

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Thanks.

I will always be a Skeptic until I see a Ghost for sure myseelf but am prepared to keep an open mind :confused: . I will have a look around too. :cool:

finnpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dont stop being a skeptic even when you do see one!

I'm still very skeptical about most things i read or hear, UFO, faeiries, lochness monster, etc etc.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

finnpark wrote:
    Why would a Ghost not just walk up to you? Why do they have to appear in background photographs? If Ghosts do exist you would think that they would either be there or not - in most "experiences" they seem to be a shadow or blur or some strange feeling. I just cannot beleive it .

Well, it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to manifest itself in a form visible to us humans, and the reason why photographs reveal the position of a spirit is because the lens of a camera works differently to human eyes. They'd prolly be more like a dogs or cats eye if anything. Not every ghost has to be a full-blown apparition. The method of manifestation may depend on factors such as how old the ghost is, how strong they are, maybe even how they died. Another factor involved could be how a person percieves the spirit, as not everyone is able to see ghosts; some people sense them around, or have a feeling of being watched. At the end of the day, every spirit encounter is different, depending on the type of spirit and the individual person recieving the experience.

If you're more open-minded towards things, whilst still keeping an air of skepticism you might experience something, though it may take a while and then also there's the fact of where you are. However, an open mind is the most important thing you can have, regardless of whether you're a skeptic or believer. If you don't have an open mind, then things are less likely to happen to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Kennett wrote:
    Well, it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to manifest itself in a form visible to us humans, and the reason why photographs reveal the position of a spirit is because the lens of a camera works differently to human eyes. They'd prolly be more like a dogs or cats eye if anything. Not every ghost has to be a full-blown apparition. The method of manifestation may depend on factors such as how old the ghost is, how strong they are, maybe even how they died. Another factor involved could be how a person percieves the spirit, as not everyone is able to see ghosts; some people sense them around, or have a feeling of being watched. At the end of the day, every spirit encounter is different, depending on the type of spirit and the individual person recieving the experience.

If you're more open-minded towards things, whilst still keeping an air of skepticism you might experience something, though it may take a while and then also there's the fact of where you are. However, an open mind is the most important thing you can have, regardless of whether you're a skeptic or believer. If you don't have an open mind, then things are less likely to happen to you.

Hi,

Well I am keeping an open mind but still don’t really beleive.

The reason I came on this forum is that some weird stuff is happening in my house but I think that there is a logical explanation for it all – every incident can be explained logically.

For example, my mum has seen a “pure circle of white light” late at night in front of a holy water font. The same holy water font has been heard to shake violently despite no wind, no draft etc . Knocking has also been heard but still nothing too concrete. The light was probably a reflection (although she swears it was very clear and lasts a long time - less than a minute), the knocking was probably draft etc.

Anyway, I will keep an open mind to these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Kirk, JT (Capt)

I've had the benefit of an experience but I still don't know what to think. Maybe I'm an agskeptic if that's a word. I was walking past an OAP home and heard some strange groaning - no sorry its not funny - and it was not a type of groaning that could be easily be explained.

I've a theory that what we think of as ghosts etc is just another part of reality that we haven't tapped into yet. A bit like the round/flat earth thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've had the benefit of an experience but I still don't know what to think. Maybe I'm an agskeptic if that's a word. I was walking past an OAP home and heard some strange groaning - no sorry its not funny - and it was not a type of groaning that could be easily be explained.

I've a theory that what we think of as ghosts etc is just another part of reality that we haven't tapped into yet. A bit like the round/flat earth thing.

Like what? Some sort of transdimensional intelligence that likes to creeps us out?

Zillah wrote:
    Like what? Some sort of transdimensional intelligence that likes to creeps us out?

More like a dream. Imagine if that ghost feeling is actually somebody having a dream about where you are at that time. their dream is so clear to them that they are almost actually there and that manifests itself as us seeing them as a ghost. Don't know if I'm explaining myself clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You're explaining yourself quite clearly. However, why is that theory any more likely than ten thousand other equally foundless theories?

The theory is foundless, I agree. But it's made to illustrate a point. That ghosts aren't malevolent demons sent to scare the bejesus out of us. I think they're a part of normality that we just don't understand yet. It's a fascinating topic. Maybe there should be some Government investment for research - something like NASA - National Association of Spiwit Assessment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

lads..I lost my password for praoi so I can't loggon there, but if you see Satori around will you ask him to get in touch with me. I'd like to talk with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

malico wrote:
    Hey everyone!

For a long time I've been an avid enthuiast in the paranormal and the investigation of same, yet I have never gotten around to going on any real susbstantial investigation. I have only gone on one "hunt" with very nominal success

"
    In the house, I couldn;t take any photos with my digital camera. I had put in fresjh batteries that day and the camera wouldn;t power on. I swapped out from ANOTHER pack of fresh duracels and the camera turned on, flashed low battery and turned off. (To note, when I got back to my house, I tried to turn on the camera and it came on no problem, showing the batteries at 75%!)

Again in the house the video camera could pick up nothing. This is due to it having a bad lo-light function, which I was trying to subsedise with a fully charged floodlight. The light turned on, had a slight glow and then died off. It was still drained when I ernt back home, yet i checked it as i left the house! Weird!!)

Then, outside there was a tapping on a boarded up window that seemed to react to commands. When we asked for a sign, the tapping started, when we asked for further proof it stopped. At this time ther was no wind, and no rain. Clear light, and nothign seen (was using mag light and light sticks).

"

Does anyone else have an interest in this sort of thing, IM me!
    Merry Meet Malico. I'm a paranormal researcher and author and I've experienced similar phenomena.My theory is that polterkinetic energy interferes with other energy sources, electricity, batteries etc. as well as human energy. I would be interested in hearing of your other experiences.Blessed Be, Mysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bzpc26

I've a distant interest in paranormal. It's a serious science with a credibility issue. No rant. Read on.

There's a ringfort a mile from Bailieborough Co Cavan, Cavan. In fact every large drumlin in the area has one! This particular one, the story goes, is the centre one of 5 and therefore the middle of .. a perfect pentagon .. yes, I've read Davinci Code .. very cliche. Apparently ordinance survey maps prove it. Will take a look someday. If I can recall where it is.

Does anyone subscribe to goodle earth.Not sure it drops to a level of detail in rural ireland, city is cool though.

Anyway, this particular fort is large, and some genius farmer in years past put a ditch through it to split the land to his sons. This had the effect of wiping out his entire bloodstock overnight. This story is well told, naturally there's no material evidence.

So. One particular halloween (i watch too much TV) we (school pals) paid a visit that night. I don't know what I experienced, it wasn't visible or audible, but .. this stuff ain't for messers. :cool:

Forget castles .. try ringforts, raths .. tons of history and spiritual/paranormal folklore.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Its true thats where i'm from originally :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Story teller

Hi,

I am a freelance journalist who has always been very interessed in the ghosts due to some experiences I and friends of mine have had in the past. I want to do a radio piece ( also bring a D.V camera) on spending the night with a "ghost hunting group" and see what happens. If your at all interessed I'd love to hear from you!

This investigation happened long ago, but if you're interested, you can come along to the investigation that's happening next weekend?

Hi,

I am a freelance journalist who has always been very interessed in the ghosts due to some experiences I and friends of mine have had in the past. I want to do a radio piece ( also bring a D.V camera) on spending the night with a "ghost hunting group" and see what happens. If your at all interessed I'd love to hear from you!
    Hi Storyteller,I'm a paranormal author and researcher who investigates and "clears" houses of poltergeist and spirit activity. Have worked on radio and t.v making documentaries about my work, and get calls every week from people looking for my help. Get in touch if you're interested, might be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Does anyone know of anywhere in Wicklow that is haunted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aceobrien22

Hi ya :D
    I am extremelly interested in everything paranormal and spiritual.
    I have had some weird and wonderful experiences and I I have been looking for a group of similar like minded people for some time now and thankfully I found this site only recently so hope to meet a few now lol
    I have never been on an investigation but I have participated in a few circles on line (as theres none in this wonderful country of ours! :rolleyes: )
    So I would love an oppertunity to get oinvolved with some investigation teams or development groups.
    Know of any? Let me know :D
    Cheers.
    Ace

There's one just recently started up... we did an investigation about a month or so ago at Charleville Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

I'm from near enough bailieborough and have never heard that story? any more details. I could ask my grandfather, etc, etc.

What story?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

The Story by bzpc26 near the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

this is all very interesting and i'd love to go on an investigation, so how about we start some sort of group or organise a bus trip somewhere :cool: ( camera and camcorder at the ready ! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

The PRAI will be organising a Public investigation quite soon. Watch for more on www.praofi.org

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

thanks malico :D i'll keep on eye on that site so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 trishs

I've seen some weird things in Maynooth College

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Yes thier have been strange occurances in maynooth college....involving young boys in girls mysteriously losing their innocence.
    Your all mad

Now now, there shouldn't be any comments of that nature here.

• Advertisement

trishs wrote:
    I've seen some weird things in Maynooth College
    I'd love to know what you've seen in maynooth trish. By the way has anyone checked out www.mosthauntedireland.com?

Advertisement