Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hamill23

I really interested in this kind of thing, but have never been on an organized outing as such, tried some supposed hunted places in Edinburgh, but never seen anything. I don’t know how much use I could be off? I’ am an engineer and as such have experience in designing experiments and documenting things scientifically. I’d love to go with you’s on your next hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭segarox

hi there, ive started that thread called 'Investigation Group' and solas suggested that I should ask if any groups are going on an investigation in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

segarox wrote:
    hi there, ive started that thread called 'Investigation Group' and solas suggested that I should ask if any groups are going on an investigation in the future
    Hi there,
    Most of the really good haunted sites are only working with professional paranormal researchers like myself, its very hard to find a professional group who allow non-professionals to accompany them. Try Google-ing U.P.R.I (Ufo and paranormal research Ireland) and P.R.A.O.I. (Paranormal research association of Ireland) and the above website, www.mosthauntedireland.com. Hopefully you may make some contacts there. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

mysteria

merry meet,

could you tell me, how does one go about becoming a 'professional' investigator? I have some fairly diverse psychic background and would like to become more involved. Is this my only realistic route you think?

many thanks and blessed be

odonnell

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

theres no such thing as ghosts or the paranormal,lay off the drugs and
    grow up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

If you can't follow the rules, keep out of the forum.

Kennett wrote:
    If you can't follow the rules, keep out of the forum.

Many thanks for your helpful & informative reply. Mysteria:D

odonnell wrote:
    mysteria

merry meet,

could you tell me, how does one go about becoming a 'professional' investigator? I have some fairly diverse psychic background and would like to become more involved. Is this my only realistic route you think?

many thanks and blessed be

odonnell
    Bright Blessings odonnell,
    There are a few different approaches you can adopt. When I began researching and practising in this field it was virtually unheard of for anyone outside the Christian churches to be consulted about paranormal activity. Luckily, since then, Parapsychology has become an acknowledged Science despite the inevitable sceptics. If you are just interested in learning a bit more, and taking part in an investigation,there are a couple of groups based in Dublin and N.I. I'm associated with, you can send me a private message and I'll email you back with more info ( as I've apparently not "kept to the rules" and don't want to offend others). Also I'm sometimes able to bring someone suitable with me when I'm investigating, and may be able to do something like this for you. Blessed Be.

mark13 wrote:
    theres no such thing as ghosts or the paranormal,lay off the drugs and
    grow up
    :D
    Parapsychology is a Science, why don't you use your time to learn more instead of debunking a field you are obviously unfamiliar with? If you are talking about most of what you see on T.V., that's simply entertainment and has nothing to do with the paranormal. So when you let go of your obsession with drugs, and other people's immaturity, check out what Scientists, researchers and Graduates like myself are working on. You might be surprised. Merry Yuletide

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Im very curious Mysteria. Be you a graduate, scientist or researcher? Where did you study?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    Im very curious Mysteria. Be you a graduate, scientist or researcher? Where did you study?
    I've studied in Maynooth, U.C.D. & Trinity (Psychology, Philosophy, Medical Science),also in the USA (Parapsychology & Metaphysics). But I don't think this makes me any better at my work. I feel our natural talents, attitudes and intentions are way more important. What an Elf ye be to ask such a question :)
    Merry Yuletide,Blessed Be!

Bloody hell. I want to study Parapsychology and metaphysics! How does one teach metaphysics?

And uh, blessed be to you to :p

Zillah wrote:
    Bloody hell. I want to study Parapsychology and metaphysics! How does one teach metaphysics?

And learning it's a bit boring on the ole brain cells too....similar to Theology in a way, and I'm totally anti-religion( for me, I know its valuable for some people)....I just love exploring and learning ( a bit like yourself I'd imagine)because basically I've always been a "rebel" and someone told me when I was 9 that psychic powers and ghosts don't exist. So I spend my life trying to prove that they do. I believe everyone has psychic and healing abilities, inner resources we can learn to develop to help others and improve our own lives....so I'll send you some MAGICKAL VIBES*****;)

mysteria wrote:
    Merry Meet Kennett. Many thanks for your helpful & informative reply. Mysteria:D

Or just a self-appointed judge/sniper/attention-seeker?:eek:

I believe he was justified in pointing out that Mark's comments were childish, served no purpose and violated the charter.

Zillah wrote:
    I believe he was justified in pointing out that Mark's comments were childish, served no purpose and violated the charter.
    Hi again Zillah, Kennett was replying to one of my messages, not Mark's (and I haven't quite figured which one or why...the ole psychic faculties are deserting me today. Merlot overload!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hi Mysteria, pardon my interrupting but I think Kennett was talking to Mark13, and not you... He is a nice guy our Kennett:)

mysteria wrote:
    Hi again Zillah, Kennett was replying to one of my messages, not Mark's (and I haven't quite figured which one or why...the ole psychic faculties are deserting me today. Merlot overload!

I'm a bit of a newbie at posting messages on boards, got an email saying Kennett had replied to one of my messages and assumed he meant me! Mea culpa, sorry Kennett if you were'nt replying to one of my posts. (Fiery Scorpio me) :o

mysteria wrote:
    I'm a bit of a newbie at posting messages on boards, got an email saying Kennett had replied to one of my messages and assumed he meant me! Mea culpa, sorry Kennett if you were'nt replying to one of my posts. (Fiery Scorpio me) :o

For a number of reasons I can assure you he was addressing Mark. Also, try to avoid quoting yourself...its very very confusing :)

You can turn off those emails on your "User CP" top left. I think, I havn't needed to go near those settings in years.

Zillah wrote:
    For a number of reasons I can assure you he was addressing Mark. Also, try to avoid quoting yourself...its very very confusing :)

You can turn off those emails on your "User CP" top left. I think, I havn't needed to go near those settings in years.

I was actually deliberately quoting myself, I haven't done it in all my messages. I think I know how to use my laptop. And I haven't felt the need to be condescending for years. Relax!Tis the season to be jolly etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

folks, I couldn't keep track of all Marks posts yesterday, no doubt he was feeling a lbit out of sorts, but he has received a warning. I couldn't be arsed going around deleting all yesterdays messages so just bypass them.
    Zillah wrote:
    this made me feel better though.

mysteria wrote:
    And I haven't felt the need to be condescending for years. Relax!Tis the season to be jolly etc etc

I'm quite jolly thank you...
    solas wrote:
    this made me feel better though.

Truly I am a beacon of joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

malico wrote:
    Hey everyone!
    "
    In the house, I couldn;t take any photos with my digital camera.
    !
    this can happen a lot some spirits can suck the energy right out of your equipment that's why i like to use a film camera. try going to an old graveyards the older the better and go during the day u will be amazed what you catch on film.
    here two pic's i took in Glasnevin graveyard dublin my favorite place to hang out

Jaysus, they're some interesting pics...

Edit: Last one I'm not sure about, given your man is smoking... for all we know, that could be some of the smoke trailing off...

Kennett wrote:
    Jaysus, they're some interesting pics...

Edit: Last one I'm not sure about, given your man is smoking... for all we know, that could be some of the smoke trailing off...
    i thought that my self so i blow up the photo its of a soldier and he is laughing at my husband . so i went back to check out the spot were the spirit was peeking out from and its the grave of a ww1 soldier who was killed in action .

Interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

im no skeptic, but im a firm believer that if something is not obvious to the naked eye instantly upon viewing the image - then there cant be said to be spirit in the frame for sure... not trying to debunk your photos there but i just cant see anything that could be concretely 'bugger me its a spook' .... you know?

I wouldn't mind checking that place out myself...

Kennett wrote:
    I wouldn't mind checking that place out myself...
    you should go not just for the ghosts . if your in to Irish history a lot of those who died in the 1916 rising are buried there . plus they have great vaults/ crypt's and there easy to get into

• Advertisement

Hi, could you possibly post higher resolution images? I'd love to zoom in and try to make out the details.

We've already got nice small downloadable versions, what I'd love is a picture that is as huge as you can manage.

Was it taken with digital or film? Digital cameras are unfortunately limited by their quality, film less so. You can get some insanely high quality images from even the most basic negatives though.

Advertisement