Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

By the look of them, I'd say they're scanned in photographs... best quality you may get is looking at them in person...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

With a magnifying glass I suppose...still, I'd love a (C)2600X4000 or higher resolution image, that'd be cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

Zillah wrote:
    We've already got nice small downloadable versions, what I'd love is a picture that is as huge as you can manage.

Was it taken with digital or film? Digital cameras are unfortunately limited by their quality, film less so. .
    i use a film camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

In the first photo is there something in the bottom right of the picture, like a faint figure?

Zillah wrote:
    With a magnifying glass I suppose...still, I'd love a (C)2600X4000 or higher resolution image, that'd be cool...

That would be a BIG picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

my friend and i went to a graveyard near us in cork on halloween we did a oujji board on a grave ....needless to say it was cool and i heard a couple of voices moaning stuff like help it was really atmospheric it was a pity we didnt bring a camera they would have made good pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Viota,

You're probably gonna get nagged a bit for the whole Ouija Board on a gravestone thing, too be honest i find it disrespectful myself and i'm pretty laid back.

However I can understand the appeal to someone who is just getting an interest. Take the comments on the chin but please dont be put off coming to the Paranormal boards, none of us started of with all the knowledge we have now.

The fact you picked the first thread on the page to post something which was irrelivant to the topic shows a certain amount hast. Have a look through the topics and ad your own spin to them ... or just start a news one.

This place is a mine of info.

6th

dublin6th wrote:
    Viota,

You're probably gonna get nagged a bit for the whole Ouija Board on a gravestone thing, too be honest i find it disrespectful myself and i'm pretty laid back.

However I can understand the appeal to someone who is just getting an interest. Take the comments on the chin but please dont be put off coming to the Paranormal boards, none of us started of with all the knowledge we have now.

The fact you picked the first thread on the page to post something which was irrelivant to the topic shows a certain amount hast. Have a look through the topics and ad your own spin to them ... or just start a news one.

This place is a mine of info.

6th
    dis respectful? look it wasnt my idea to do the whol oujji board thing it was my friends one i thought doing it on a grave was very disrespectful to the dead they weren't happy let me tell you...

viota wrote:
    my friend and i went to a graveyard near us in cork on halloween we did a oujji board on a grave ....needless to say it was cool and i heard a couple of voices moaning stuff like help it was really atmospheric it was a pity we didnt bring a camera they would have made good pictures

You need to be very careful when using a tool such as an Ouija Board as they tend to be quite dangerous in inexperienced hands. I'm not going to say any more on the subject myself, but as 6th said, some people will be more vocal about your usage of it.

That aside, welcome to the board, and I hope you find your time here a n interesting learning experience. :)

thanks i know now it is a dangerous tool there was another person their who had some sort of panic attack it is not wise to use one without a medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

viota wrote:
    dis respectful? look it wasnt my idea to do the whol oujji board thing it was my friends one i thought doing it on a grave was very disrespectful to the dead they weren't happy let me tell you...

Personally I don't see why it would be disrespectful. "Oh my God you attempted to communicate with my dead family member! They always hated being spoken to!"....

However, the line "it wasn't my idea" is a total cop out. No one forced you to.

I just think it would be disrespectful with regards to the fact that a grave is nothing more than a place for the family and friends of the passed to go to feel close to the person. Its more about the living than the dead.

Now lets get this particular thread back on topic or start a new one.

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Back on topic please everyone.

Regarding the photos, there is an interesting aspect to one of the images, probably a trick of the light...

Psi, I have looked at what you pointed out in the below photo and have enhanced it very quickly. To me it is as you say a trick out the light, in the original the outline of the trees is not very clear, once this is brought up its easy to see there is alot less there than before. It does look like some of a building is visable behind the trees but I would have to know what is there to be able to comment further.

walkswithdeathphoto.jpg
    With regards to the origial area of interest highlighthed by walkswithdeath I have to immediately put any possiblity out of the question due to the fact the subject is smoking. One thing all people with an interest in spirit photography are clear on it to rule out possible contamination and therefore smoking is usually band from investigations.

Posting of a picture which obviously has no legs is a bad idea as it may influence peoples opinions when a photograph with less obvious explainations comes to the front.

Again as i always say in posts like this .... these are just my opinions.

6th

dublin6th wrote:
    With regards to the origial area of interest highlighthed by walkswithdeath I have to immediately put any possiblity out of the question due to the fact the subject is smoking. One thing all people with an interest in spirit photography are clear on it to rule out possible contamination and therefore smoking is usually band from investigations.

I've commented about this once before, regarding the guy smoking and the source of that anomaly. Granted, what I say is an opinion, in addition to what you say, but I agree. The problem is that as well as smoke, if the weather was cold, then breath could also be a contaminant, though it is awkward to tell as previously demonstrated with the group I am in over in the UK (Essex Paranormal).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ClaireDoco21

Hi everyone

Me and a few friends want to go camping in May for my friends birthday but we want to go some where were we will be alone.... haunted forest or some thing like that.....We can go any where in Ireland? Can anyone help me out and tell me some were that i can go?????

Thank you

Claire

Not many places i could recommend camping in but no matter what anyone here says dont camp at the Hellfire Club - sod the ghosts, the knackers will eat you in your sleep!

Why camping?

We want to do something that will scare the pants of us lol.............Even if we stay in a hotel some where scarey???

Claire

I'm guessing you're not up for spending alot of cash? Its a great idea but i dont think you'll find anything. Stick around this place and wait for the next investigation - they are good for a bit of a fright.

What are they like? Were do you go? How much?

• Advertisement

They are usually about €40, we will be going to Charleville Castle for the next one which should be in June. And to know what they are like just look at the threads on the front page of this forum coz we just finished one on Saturday night. PM me if you're interested in doing one in the future.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I'll fill this

as a complete Newbie with these lads I just got back for a night in Charleville Castle which cost €40 and was great crack. It scared the bejaysus out of me with good crack had and lots of experiences including banging doors, screams and physical contact. There is a thread on the entire night stickied below this. Worth a look for a full account of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

What are they like? Were do you go? How much?[/QUO

Hi Claire.
    If you're interested in Kinnitty Castle there is a special price for staying there April 30th,May 1st & May 2nd, Kinnitty is haunted and we will be visiting Leap & Charleville Castles too. You'll get details on the mosthauntedireland website, it's a whole Ghostly/Spiritual Beltane Celebration and you can stay for one, two or 3 nights. Pm me if you'd like more details.

hi yea this sounds relly good....could you please fill me in on all details please??

Thank You
    Claire

Accomodation is in Kinnitty Castle 5star Hotel special price 60e pp sharing. Everything else is optional.
    Sunday 30th April 2006
    19.00 - Historic introduction to the 'Ancient Bealtaine Celebration' - Free
    20.00 - Traditional Feast in the Monks Kitchen in the Castle Dungeons - €20 per person
    23.00 - Mystical Presentations by your guides Richard and Sandra - Free
    Monday 1st May 2006
    Bealtaine Tour - €30
    Includes entry fees and bus transfers. Does not include lunch.
    10.00 - Depart Kinnitty for guided tour of Charleville Castle.
    13.00 - Lunch stop in Tullamore.
    14.00 - Depart Tullamore for guided tour of Clonmacnoise Monastic Site.
    16.00 - Depart Clonmacnoise for Kinnitty Castle.
    Bealtaine Banquet - €65
    20.30 - Banquet at Leap Castle
    Full evenings entertainment in Europe's Most Haunted Castle. Meet the owner Sean Ryan who will astound you with the Castle's intriquing history. Followed by a lavish 5 course home cooked feast, with traditional Irish musicians and dancers.
    0.00 - Visit the 'Bloody Chapel' with your guides Sandra & Richard.
    Tuesday 2nd May 2006
    Walk & Talk Bealtaine Tour - €10
    Bus transfers included
    14.00 - Historical Tour of Slieve Blooms Mountains
    Including Historical Talk and Walk on Kinnitty Castle and surrounding areas
    with local historians.
    Kinnitty Banquet - €45
    20.30 - Banquet at Kinnitty Castle
    Traditional banquet in the legendary haunted O'Carroll Banqueting Hall.
    Followed ‘Most Haunted Castle’ Talk & Tour by Richard Felix & Sandra Ramdhanie .
    Includes full use of the Relaxation Suite in the Gate Lodge Spa during your stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Ah Pants - can't believe I missed that. I would love to go and spend the night in a haunted castle - can't get any of my friends to do it. Would particularly like to go to Ross Castle in Cavan.Its €40 per person per night.

If anyone knows of any events happening can they pm please - I love all this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

you should go not just for the ghosts . if your in to Irish history a lot of those who died in the 1916 rising are buried there . plus they have great vaults/ crypt's and there easy to get into

Maybe we could ask them what they think of the Treaty and stuff, and see who really has a right to claim their political legacy.

In fairness the likes of the above tours are not really paranormal investigations. They are tours of haunted locations with some great story telling from what i here but they are not a situation where a team go to actually investigate.

Ross castle is good coz they charge about €400 per night, which based on 10 people is €40 as spinner mentioned. I definately plan on doing Ross this summer but if you look at the difference between Ross and Charleville you can really appreciate what a great deal you get going on a Charleville trip.

Edited Advertisement at OP request.

Psi

• Advertisement

6th wrote:
    In fairness the likes of the above tours are not really paranormal investigations. They are tours of haunted locations with some great story telling from what i here but they are not a situation where a team go to actually investigate.

Ross castle is good coz they charge about €400 per night, which based on 10 people is €40 as spinner mentioned. I definately plan on doing Ross this summer but if you look at the difference between Ross and Charleville you can really appreciate what a great deal you get going on a Charleville trip.
    Hi 6th just to point out that no-one can get into Leap or Kinnitty to conduct an investigation anyway, and as a Parapsychologist with 25 years+ experience I am trying to let people have an idea of what these Castles are like. They can take whatever photos they want and believe me the Orb photos taken by regular tourists beat anything I've seen by Irish Paranormal groups. And I'm working for nothing , getting cheap accommodation in a 5 star luxury hotel, so that everyone can get a chance to visit these Castles. So while it's not the same as your investigations, (I used to do those almost 30 yrs ago)it is a brilliant opportunity to get some Paranormal action, and talk to Parapsychologists like myself and Warren Coates, and historians like Richard Felix, that most investigation groups don't have access to!

Advertisement