Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mysteria, you sound liek you are defending these tours yet i'm not attacking them as i'm sure you know. I do think these tours are great but i dont think they should be confused with actual investigations in that they are more about having fun and learning about the amazing history of these places.

As for Investigations which may be organised here they are basic and we dont claim that they are high end paranormal research. We are starting off with the aim of recording events and documenting experience not providing 3 course meals and story telling.

I do wish you would not jump to the on the defensive and make it look like I am dogging these tours as I am in full support of anything which gives members of the public the opportunity to learn more about the paranormal.

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Mea culpa did'nt know 6th was so sensitive. Just don't condescend please as I've been supportive of what you're trying to do and as you haven't been on one of the tours it's not fair to comment. Plus it might help yourself and some others to get a chance to speak to experts in the field as I pointed out :-)

Me Sensitive, what ever gave that impression ;)

As for being condescending, I was being nothing of the sort I was only pointing out differences. I haven't claimed that either venture is above another have i? Anyway I'm passed turning this into an arguement which both of us knows doesnt exist.

One interesting point you bring up is that you say you were doing what we do 30 years ago. I'd love to know what, in your opinion, has changed in the last three decades?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭New_Departure06

Anyone here ever investigated paranormal activity at a graveyard? Sounds like the perfect place to look. Also I again refer to Loftus Hall. I'd really love to know what is going on there.

Hi 6th,
    You may notice in my post that "all paranormal& Spiritual events are free"( you don't have to stay in Kinnitty to attend them) so we can share the benefit of our experiences with people like yourselves....and answer questions like yours, ok? At our last festival 90 people celebrated with us and were able to talk to myself and Richard Felix, 20 of them stayed at the Castle. I got rooms for half to one third of normal cost, and work for nothing, under the mistaken impression that this could be an unforgettable experience for those who would be interested. And I don't need to use this board for advertising as I write for the worlds largest newspaper group, and do radio and TV broadcasts worldwide. So Blessed Be eveyone, enjoy your cynicism and misinterpretations of my motives:D

• Advertisement

I dont even understand what you are saying here? This hasnt got anything to do with anything i have said or anything to do with the topic of this thread.

I hope that whatever is clearly bothering you at the moment passes and everythign gets back to normal. I hope that most of the posters here can see that i have in no way spoken badly or either you or the events you are involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yay...this again...

6th wrote:
    I dont even understand what you are saying here? This hasnt got anything to do with anything i have said or anything to do with the topic of this thread.

I hope that whatever is clearly bothering you at the moment passes and everythign gets back to normal. I hope that most of the posters here can see that i have in no way spoken badly or either you or the events you are involved in.
    You're not the only one on this board 6th......check out Shinners post that's who I was originally addressing!! Relax lad. And your Hellfire post is very informative, thanks for sharing that with us.
    Blessed Be!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mysteria wrote:
    So Blessed Be eveyone, enjoy your cynicism and misinterpretations of my motives:D

I really don't think he was. In fact, he didn't say anything about you at all. My understanding is that he pointed out that theres a difference between investigations that seek to record and experiment, and tours that seek to feed and entertain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Relax people we're all friends here.

Noone is being cynical about you motives or condescending from what I can see mysteria - I think 6th was just point out that what they do in their trips is a different set up to the tours. I don't think he inferred any slight on the tours at all.
    zillah wrote:
    Yay...this again...
    Zillah, for the very last time, if you have nothing to contribute, don't post.

• Advertisement

Hi Zillah, Just to clarify, There's no feeding or entertaining involved since I took over the organisation of the visits to Kinnitty....they are actually celebrations of Spiritual turning points of the year, with an oportunity to stay ( if one wishes) and to partake FREE in our ceremonies,learn psychic techniques and attend lectures by well-known Paranormal researchers FREE and I was originally answering Shinners enquiry.
    Blessed Be, You're welcome to come along Z !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I don't know if this is contributory or not, but I honestly don't see the need for people to be at each other's throats. I mean, at the end of the day, we're all here for the same thing, and while we have different ways of going about it, no one way is right or wrong. It's pettiness like this that could cause severe issues within the Irish Paranormal scene. If there are problems between people, wouldn't it be easier to discuss them in private, and get things sorted out, instead of having stuff like the above, which is fraught with (from what I see) misunderstandings, among other things?

I appreciate and agree with what Psi and Kennett say, from my point of view it is rather demeaning to have expert lectures and discussions dismissed as "storytelling" and I generally try not to judge something I haven't experienced, there is one person on this board(yes it's you A.) who knows how I've been trying to work towards getting access to these and other castles) without people having to pay big bucks. So hopefully we are to some extent all friends here, at least working towards a similar end....the recognition that Parapsychology IS in fact a Science. Blessed Be!

Shinners23 wrote:
    If anyone knows of any events happening can they pm please - I love all this

I think a pm was ask for? My problem was a posting to advertise a commercial event when the thread is about paranormal investigations in ireland. Sure on these trips there is a chance of seeing or capturing orbs (though as we all know these can be gotten anywhere) and these are alledgidly haunted places but just like the likes of Dublin Buses Ghost Bus they are not set down or organised as Investigations.

Maybe I'll start a thread on Paranormal entertainment in ireland, giving a place to discuss tours etc without disrupting threads which are set out for other purposes?

Back to the OT I have heard about a house in Meath which is unsellable due to a haunting which has been going on for years. The owner lives in England but looks like i might be able to make contact. It currently sitting there so i'm sure he could be pursuaded to let a trustworthy group in?

I'll look up info on it and maybe we'll have a new site to investigate.

If he lives in England, perhaps I could help make preliminary contact?

Anyone see the Most Haunted repeat a few days ago in Kinnitty Castle, where they saw this human shaped thing walking around outside through the window on the camera? Apparenrly checks have confirmed there was no person there, but the camer shows this sortof blue lit-up human shaped thing walking around. Looked certainly as you'd expect as ghost to look.

Hello New Departure,
    There is a phantom Monk seen and heard in Kinnitty among other presences....but don't believe everything you see or hear on that programme!
    Tiocfhaidh ar la!!!!!

Blessed Be :D
    www.sandraramdhanie.com

mysteria wrote:
    Hello New Departure,
    There is a phantom Monk seen and heard in Kinnitty among other presences....but don't believe everything you see or hear on that programme!
    Tiocfhaidh ar la!!!!!

Blessed Be :D
    www.sandraramdhanie.com

Tiocfaidh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

6th wrote:
    Maybe I'll start a thread on Paranormal entertainment in ireland, giving a place to discuss tours etc without disrupting threads which are set out for other purposes?

Something like this maybe

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054988307

btw I liked your ref to the cost of the rooms being a half of one third mysteria

Christ Stoner, you really know how to dig up a thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well I had to work that thread back in somehow, It took ages to do in the first place

Hmm.. nice thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mollad

just wondering is this site still active

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

This thread is 5 years old

so where do i get in contact with all these people interested in ghost hunting?any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

in this forum probably

hey maccored.i have always had an interest in the paranormal but im only getting around to doing something about it now.any ideas for me

I would suggest you find places online that give you the information you need ... the whole paranormal thing is different strokes for different folks.

cant find anything but novelty weekends.i would love to get a chance to go and help a group of professionals to get a good feel for it

• Advertisement

find a team that interests you and see if they are looking for anyone. probably depends on your location too, but theres plenty of groups around, which vary from general ghost hunting to research.

Advertisement