Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Great, we have a nice crowd now. I hope not too many of us are psychotic ;).

Maybe we should list what dates are ok for us. I assume we'll just stick with Sat and Sundays?

24 April
    25 April
    1 May
    2 May
    8 May
    9 May
    22 May
    23 May
    29 May
    30 May

I should be good for:
    1 May (arriving late in the day, after the protests)
    2 May
    8 May
    9 May
    22 May
    23 May
    29 May
    30 May

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

I should be good for:
    24 April
    25 April
    1 May (Not the BEST for me, as I'm meant ot be on reserver ambulance for the 3 days because of the potiential civil unrest, yes you get a medic with ys and all!!)
    2 May
    8 - 9 May Away theses days
    22 May
    23 May
    29 May
    30 May

Here is a place that sells ghost hunting gear. Check out the links in this forum, there's some handy ones there that might help decide a location.

It would be great to organise a trip once a month to go visit paranormal sites around Ireland.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Maybe we should list what dates are ok for us. I assume we'll just stick with Sat and Sundays?

24 April no
    25 April no
    1 May yes
    2 May yes the day after is a bank holiday
    8 May y
    9 May y
    22 May y
    23 May y
    29 May y
    30 May yes
    Man i can't wait!!!!!!!

Nick - the monthly thing, DEFINATLY sounds good!

How is the first of may for everyone? woudl be grand for me al lround. Or the 22nd of May. All in al any day that everyone is free, cause we want the whole group there!

My e-mail is ian.murphy@dcu.ie Mail me on and we can get a list together.

" This could be the start of a beautiful friendship!"

• Advertisement

22 May sounds good. It gives us time to get ready mentally also. Would it help if I set up a forum for this event on my web server? Or would it be better to start a new thread here on boards for the event and also for monthly events. It's not much trouble for me to set one up on my web server.

It would be great if we had a monthly event. Go to see stone circles, haunted castles and things like that.

Nick

ok so lets find somewhere that we have a good chance of action and won't freeze our asses off for nothing!:p Anyone interested should say when they are available and what equipment they have

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    22 May sounds good. It gives us time to get ready mentally also. Would it help if I set up a forum for this event on my web server? Or would it be better to start a new thread here on boards for the event and also for monthly events. It's not much trouble for me to set one up on my web server.

Nick
    A new thread would probably be best so everyone can see it. unless you put a link to your server here for everyone to go to.

Originally posted by Torlac
    ok so lets find somewhere that we have a good chance of action and won't freeze our asses off for nothing!:p Anyone interested should say when they are available and what equipment they have
    Yes! So far we have:

Ian (aka Malico)
    Torlac
    Bekka
    Kennett
    Myself

We could do with a few more so please come along and put your name down here! It'll hopefully be very interesting and we should have a good laugh while we're getting cudgled to death by a poltergeist ;).

Looks like there are at least 3 of us from Cork so we might meet up in a pub an hour or so before the meeting so we can arrange transport for those without a vehicle.

Nick

PS: This just shows that Cork people are more interesting ;)

Yes! So far we have:

Ian (aka Malico)
    Torlac
    Bekka
    Kennett
    Myself

We could do with a few more so please come along and put your name down here! It'll hopefully be very interesting and we should have a good laugh while we're getting cudgled to death by a poltergeist ;).

Looks like there are at least 3 of us from Cork so we might meet up in a pub an hour or so before the meeting so we can arrange transport for those without a vehicle.

Nick

PS: This just shows that Cork people are more interesting ;)

who else is from cork apart from nick and me:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

24/25 April- It's extrememly iffy
    1/2 May- Should be able to make it
    8/9 May- As above
    22/23 May- Same
    29/30 May- Same

Any weekend in May is grand for me, just need to know how far away the place is from Kildare.

To give everyone my low-down: I'm 24, I'll be driving a car ( Honda Civic Coupe 1.6 VTec). I'm on my second provisional license, just you warn ye ;) I've never been on any kind of paranormal investigation except for watching the ghost busters ;)

I'd be the same way, lol. But anyway, I don't mind eventually purchasing some equipment myself to assist with this venture :)

No all we have to do is find a place that we can go to! Maybe all the people from Surrounding dublin could meet in dublin and transport from there!

So who has some places that they always wanter to go, but never had the team to go?

(Ian in excited mode!!) :D

I was half-tempted to visit Leap Castle alone at one point, but never made it to Offally. I'm not sure of any other sites other than that place. I can make it into Dublin grand, btw, just that it takes an hour or so, lol

Maybe iread it wrong but i think Leap is actually being lived in by the owners. i read that hunter have gone there before but what do we do like, do we ring them and say put the kettle on love we're coming to check out what goes bump in the night in your room.!!! Plus if we are amaturish surely they will not be too pleased. perhaps somewhere deserted would be better. and half way between the real capital and dublin!!:D :p:D
    regardless i'm well up for it. have to log off soon nearly finished at work but i'll check in again soon talk later
    Torlac

My mum suggested another castle, such as Lesley Castle? Btw, my mum also said that she'd come along sometime (after we get more established most likely) to see what it's like, so that's another person that'll come :)

Lesley castle.. Hmm dont; know it, Where is it, any storys surrounding it?

Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

I would be defiantly up for this. Any date would suit .
    i have email ian my details

Originally posted by malico
    Lesley castle.. Hmm dont; know it, Where is it, any storys surrounding it?

Ian

I'll ask my mum about that, or look it up online. In the meantime however, I found a website that may be useful to have a look at?

It's here: http://www.vorpral.net/forms.htm

So it looks like there'll be 6 of us from boards and then extra people that some of us will bring along.

Anyone want to join in?

Nick

• Advertisement

I've struck gold :)

I found a list of haunted places in Ireland:

http://www.afallon.com/ireland.htm

Anything there worth visiting?

LOADS of the castles there are worth visiting. But not sure which ones we can stay in. A nice ruined abbey in the midlands....that's what we need!

hi everyone. Ian is right a midlands abbey or castle would be spot on. as for staying there well we'll probably be up all night. like we could meet in the evening get organised and then spend the night investigating head home in the morning...if as my girlfriend put it "as long as you don't end up possessed or dead". so as long as poeple don't have to drive more than 3 hours home it should be grand we can sleep when we get home!:o :eek: :D

Yes, if no one has to drive for more than 3 hours that would good. I like the idea of meeting up before we hit the destination.

It might be a good idea to educate ourselves on how to deal with nasty spirits. Just to be on the safe side.

Malico, did you have and success with your previous investigations?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

erra Torlac boy!!!!! u'r some langer.... You Fu<l<ing spacer.... wait till i tell mammy

1st invstigation was a complete wash out! Nothing seen or heards
    2nd bangs and taps were heard, and i THINK i saw a shawow move out of the corner of my eye, but that couls as easily been a trick of the light, Nothing captureed as it was badly planned and not enough equiptment!
    Third onw was the one I mentioned at the start of the post, things heard, and many many inexplained equiptment failures, both primary and redundant systems.

But this one looks more planned!

So we have a date fixed, 22nd May. Now does anyone hav e a place!! they'd like. I think we should get there inthe afternoon to set up. this will give us time to set up tents (3 if possible) and get somehtign to eat for the night ahead! Also give us a chance to get to know each other before we're huddleing in a corner scared off of our minds!!!

If we have 3 tents we can have 1 for anyone that wants to sleep in, one for storage and one for control.

Okay, so the date is the 22nd of May? I'm sure I can make that, in fact I'll make sure... My mum will probably remind me, lol

I've just talked to my mum, and she said it's of ABSOLUTE PRIORITY that we learn to protect ourselves, as when we're investigating we'll be pretty open. She suggested we try and contact a Professional Psychic to see if anyone will go along with us to help us close off that openness, so we don't get possessed, etc.

Right, well we better go ahead and look into psychic protection. I can do that since I'm interested in it anyway, my g/f knows a lot about that.

We might as well make this event official and post a new thread for it!

Nick

• Advertisement

Just a Quick googleing shows me a few places:

Ross Abbey. Cong - County Galway

(http://www.spirited-ireland.net/images/ monasteries-churches/cong-ross/ )

Shadowlands show:

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/ireland.htm

And it seems the burren is full of ruins that can be accessed easily enough.

So team, suggesions are definatly needed. We got team, time, equiptment and now all we need is a place!

everyone e-amil me and I'llset up a mailinglist too.

Nick, the psycic protection a great idea, i use a prayer that he shadowlands group use, and it's yet to fail me!

Opening Prayer:
    Saint Michael the Archangel, Defend us in battle
    Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
    And do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
    By the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits
    Who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
    Amen

Closing prayer:
    "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command all human spirits to be bound to
    the confines of the cemetery. I command all inhuman spirits to go where Jesus
    Christ tells you to go, for it is He who commands you." Amen

Advertisement