Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Ross Abbey looks good to me. A mailing list would be great for this!

For psychic protection I can see that there might be some issues Ian. I'm not religious at all and nor is my g/f. Perhaps if we have a silence where we conduct our own protection mantras/prayers etc. Failing that, perhaps we could find a generic type of psychic protection that does not involve religion?

Nick

Edit: From your second link there it looks like it might be a good idea if we get permission to do any investigation of an area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Yeah. I think that too! Th burren could be agood area too. Just because of the large barren areas and the fact of a LOT of ruined buildings.

Anyone know anywhere in that area they may want to go to?

All in all this sould be good investigation. Nick, you seem to know the best about spirit protection, so you wanna head up security with your g/f for the group?

PS. I'm an athiest too! I just figured the spirits might not be! :)

Originally posted by malico
    All in all this sould be good investigation. Nick, you seem to know the best about spirit protection, so you wanna head up security with your g/f for the group?

PS. I'm an athiest too! I just figured the spirits might not be! :)
    LOL! Good point but I think we'll be ok!

Great, I'd love to look after that side of it, it's probably my g/f that will have all the ideas about it but I'll do some reading on it. We have a few books here that I can have a look at.

This will be a very interesting experience methinks.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm Wiccan myself to a degree, but I'm Agnostic at the same time, but religion doesn't really get involved with me much, if at all.

Originally posted by Kennett
    I'm Wiccan myself to a degree, but I'm Agnostic at the same time, but religion doesn't really get involved with me much, if at all.
    Great! Have you read any Wiccan books? I was looking into Alister Crowley there recently, not a balanced individual in my opinion.

Well now I'm wondering if anyone on this expedition is religious?

Nick

• Advertisement

hehe! you know how it is!! Believe in ghosts but not religion!

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    Great! Have you read any Wiccan books? I was looking into Alister Crowley there recently, not a balanced individual in my opinion.

Well now I'm wondering if anyone on this expedition is religious?

Nick

I've glanced through a few, and have many, but I haven't really taken up all the Wiccan stuff, but I'm slowly getting to that point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

lads I have no idea how old you lot are so all im saying is bring someone with you who has camped outdoors before...
    and no lsd trips...we want to know how you *really* got on ;):D
    Maxpower another comment like that and you're banned, I dont care if you know his ma or not

What idiot said May 22nd! oh yeah me!! Just looked at my diary and I'm at a wedding that day / night. How is everyone with bringing it forward to the 15th / 16th May

I'll PM everyone anyway!!

Are we all ok with this?

Ian

Oh yeah bug! not to worry. I've a few years experience inteh reserve army, camped and hiked a good few times and an emergency medical first responder ! :)

• Advertisement

thats cool malico...I'd also suggest you all meet up briefly before hand, nothing worse than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with an axe weilding murderer...;)

What idiot said May 22nd! oh yeah me!! Just looked at my diary and I'm at a wedding that day / night. How is everyone with bringing it forward to the 15th / 16th May

I'll PM everyone anyway!!

Are we all ok with this?

Ian

Yep, I am. :)

Originally posted by bug
    lads I have no idea how old you lot are so all im saying is bring someone with you who has camped outdoors before...
    and no lsd trips...we want to know how you *really* got on ;):D
    Maxpower another comment like that and you're banned, I dont care if you know his ma or not

I'm 21, and I figure that most of us are in our 20-30s?

Yes there is! Being stuck in the middle of nowhere with MANY axe weilding murderers!

Will you be joinign us bug?

nah id be lost without my ghd and no where to plug it in :D
    besides camping only appeals to me if its in a warm country

Yes there is! Being stuck in the middle of nowhere with MANY axe weilding murderers!

I'm no axe murderer!

I prever knives... Easier concealed ;)

:P

Originally posted by bug
    nah id be lost without my ghd and no where to plug it in :D
    besides camping only appeals to me if its in a warm country

GHD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Ah right.... Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dsimpson

I always find that traces of ecto-plasm is a sure sign of paranormal activity... theres a house in cumber in county down that was riddled with the stuff when I was a kid!!

A real viewpoint from real people......

www.nitalk.com

• Advertisement

Good mornign all!!

is the date change ok with everyone? May 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

No problem here.
    as for max power he's my little bro and a bit of a joker!!!
    ( not wanting to say anything which could get me banned!)
    so any good venues for may 15

Good mornign all!!

is the date change ok with everyone? May 15th?

I'm grand with it, and I actually realised that the Boards beer may have been on the 22nd, so it looked doubtful I'd have been able to go then.

Leap castle sounds like it worth checking out. maybe meat product could see if its accessible and are the owners ghost hunter friendly. Barring that ross abbey in galway as someone suggested earlier. anyone got spooky backgroung on that? I know a place between Killarney and Kenmare thats got somethiing going on but that would be too far for everyone in general.

What's the place between Killarney and Kenmare? Do tell all! I woulnd;t mind goign there, woudl anyone else.

I think leap castle would be the best, but would they charge us to stay there?

I have a night vision scope on order, will be shipped form the states tomorrow! Hope to have that running too!

Does anyoen have any info on Ross abbey (which i suggested, i kno!) as in is it accessable?

thanks

ian

Well on the old road which goes up to Moll's Gap and Our Lady's View there is a very samll chapel. Beside the chapel is a bridge ove the river. now i've heard 2 types of stories. the 1st is that a woman appears in the back seat of cars as you travell along. the 2nd iss that you're driving along suddenly everything in the car goes dead lights radio engine the lot. then you get a wee visit and then all of a sudden everything starts up again!
    Never had any personal experience and don't know the history of the area just heard lots of stories!!

I've emailed charleville castle and i'm waiting for a reply.

Well if we can;t get either of the castles, then the old chapel could definatly be a runner, of everyone agrees that is!

Well if we can;t get either of the castles, then the old chapel could definatly be a runner, of everyone agrees that is!
    nice one Ian

I had a feeling I'd go places with this group :D

• Advertisement

Terrible terrible joke

(I laughted thought!!)

Advertisement