Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hehehe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

From another thread!

The story goes that a ship crashed on the rock at 'Hook Head' and the captain of the ship was brought to Loftus Hall to recuperate. While there he partook in a card game with the residents of the house and some people who were visiting the family!! His partner for the night was a young girl who was delighted with the attention she was getting off this young captain. During the course of the game, she accidently let her cards fall, when she reached down to retrieve them, she saw hoofs instead of feet belonging to the captain. She screamed and then the captain apparently turned into a ball of flames which shot up throught the ceiling!! It is said that the ceiling was never able to be repaired and apparently the young girl went mad and was locked in the basement of the house!! Her coffin had to be specially made as her back and fused together and she was all bent over!!!

Loftus Hall is now locked up and nobody is allowed in it!! But just looking at it from the road gives you a chill!!

Sounds good!! :)

Also, anyone heard form Bekka. She stil comming? Have we got confirmed numbers yet (Also who wants to give me and the equiptment a lift!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am up for this. Definitely. I will however definitely miss the first one. This stuff freaks me out. I have a digital camera and an excellent mic on my mp3 player.

Well another day closer to the 15th! woohoo!
    But still no-where to go! Has anyone any updates?

Just seen this:

http://dawghouse.topcities.com/ireland.html

Ian

http://www.p-r-i.cjb.net

Hope ya like it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

it rocks well done ian

This is very frustrating i'm having no luck finding anywhere to investigate. made contact with a couple of places but heard nothing. and from looking at most of the websites it's probably going to cost an arm and a leg to check anywhere out. i hope one of us has some luck soon.

Originally posted by Torlac
    it rocks well done ian

Agreed. Love the Ghostbusters part by the way ;)

he he! had an idea you'd get that!!

is there any deserted abbeys or anything around.

Torlac, what's the details on that chapel? is it abandonded? Tomorrow when in "work" i'm gonna try to make contact by phone with:

Leap castle
    Ross Abbey
    Charlville
    Loftus Hall

Anyone got any more ideas? Would anyone else be able to call some places and check them out.

HI all.
    The chapel is abandoned. not sure if we can get in to it or not though. then again any happenings were always outside.

I tried to ring charleville forest castle but 11850 says not listed
    i'll check in later
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

To be honest guys, I don't think ye are going to have much luck with Loftus Hall!!

The woman who owns it, is not very receptive to anythng like that!!

Hope you guys find something, ye seem itching to go and do some hunting :)

If I think of anything, I will let ye know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

".... I see dumb people...they're everywhere....they walk around like normal people.....sometimes,.. they don't even know they're dumb...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Um, maybe you should stop looking in the mirror than Remote Viewer!!

Are you guys specifically looking for a castle??

o_O

Misswex: Lookign for any area that has a suspected paranormal occourences. Hehe! Anywhere that'll let us in!

I think anyone who'll actually take us at least a bit seriously as well. I mean, it's all well and good being let in and all, but how will the person who owns the property react if we find nothing? Will they be angry, or will they just laugh us out of the place?

Granted, it might not happen, but still... It's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Kennett
    I think anyone who'll actually take us at least a bit seriously as well. I mean, it's all well and good being let in and all, but how will the person who owns the property react if we find nothing? Will they be angry, or will they just laugh us out of the place?

Granted, it might not happen, but still... It's a possibility.

When I am there. We will definitely find something. They love to mess with me, they can smell my fear.:dunno:

There are loadsa places around just filled with all types of everything, places of residence, business, hotels..everywhere...Ireland is just mingling with dead people.
    I know of a few places ..but I'm too scared to even talk about them...brrrrrr.....

I dunno if this is of any help, but kilkenny castle is still open to the public i think and for a small fee you might get the oppertunity to meet the resident deceased cook.
    (happened to me once...when I was about five.. .. still traumatised)

Originally posted by misswex
    Um, maybe you should stop looking in the mirror than Remote Viewer!!

Are you guys specifically looking for a castle??

Thanks for the support misswex. it doesn't have to be a castle just somewhere we have a chance of finding some activity.

Remote i'm gonna haunt you down!

eeeeeeeeeeeep!

• Advertisement

as much as remote bugs me i think we should go to killkenny there was a couple of sightings down through the years around some place called st. john's ????? i'll look it up again but it's probably as good a place as any! any word from nick lately?:ninja:

got it!

Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny

The ghost of a tall thin woman, hobbling on crutches and wearing a long coat, with long flowing hair, has been seen walking in the vicinity of St John’s Parochial Hall.

In May, 1969 a young nurse and her boyfriend saw the figure whilst they were in a parked car after spending an evening at the local dance. Other people have seen the apparition including a local priest.

:D

OK Torlac. Sounds good.
    Where is it location wise? What does it lok like? Is there a place for us to set up where we wont be disturbed by passing drunk people, (IE Its not in city center)

Originally posted by Torlac
    got it!

Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny

The ghost of a tall thin woman, hobbling on crutches and wearing a long coat, with long flowing hair, has been seen walking in the vicinity of St John’s Parochial Hall.

In May, 1969 a young nurse and her boyfriend saw the figure whilst they were in a parked car after spending an evening at the local dance. Other people have seen the apparition including a local priest.

:D

That's cool, I think I could make it there, just need to work out how to get down there. Kilkenny, although possible is a bit of a stretch for me in some ways....

If we don't find anything don't blame me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's heading from Dublin, and who's driving?

torlac: Do you ahve acontact number for this Parochial Hall? Maybe we coudl do a hunt there?

Only thing i'm worried about in that area is drunk people comgin home giving us halle, and wher would we set up?

Ian

Awww... There goes that excuse out the window :p

Originally posted by malico
    Who's heading from Dublin, and who's driving?

torlac: Do you ahve acontact number for this Parochial Hall? Maybe we coudl do a hunt there?

Only thing i'm worried about in that area is drunk people comgin home giving us halle, and wher would we set up?

Ian

I'd probably head from Dublin, much easier than leaving from Kildare...

• Advertisement

no contact number. was thinking we could check out a few places. Outside the hall , the castle and the graveyard!!!!!!!!
    i'll be heading from cork we should get there a few hours before dark to get organised!

Advertisement