Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost hunting / Paranormal Investigation in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

don't forget the cameras....you might catch some orbs and things on ...

they should look a bit like this..

http://alien-government.com/ghostgallery1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

tolac, sounds good. I've been talkign to Charlville castle there and they're getting ack to me on tuesday with some info! Look slike they would indeed take us on! :)

If that woudl be ok with everyone that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

".... I see dumb people...they're everywhere....they walk around like normal people.....sometimes,.. they don't even know they're dumb...."
    anything more like this and your banned.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
    ..means nothing. spammy posts like this with no content whatsoever will not be tolerated on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by malico
    tolac, sounds good. I've been talkign to Charlville castle there and they're getting ack to me on tuesday with some info! Look slike they would indeed take us on! :)

I'm grand with it :)

I should probably check to see if my backup digital camera still works... Shame my primary one went missing out of existance :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

'tis good for me. I'll try and have my in-car GPS sorted for then so I don't get too lost.

Nick

thanks bug...this wonderfully accepting community overwhelms me.
    my response to two threatening posts gets a ban warning.

do me a favour , go ahead and ban me..I've seen enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

how about I waste no energy clicking the ban button and you just follow the rules outlined in the charter? If you find a post insulting or threatning just report it, much like your post was reported to me. If feel you want to continue this discussion at all please PM me.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I know it might be slightly off topic, but I have a few questions as I fairly curious as I think I saw a ghost awhile back. But I have a few questions;

1; Can anyone go to these investigations, or do you need an invite?
    2; I imagine if I saw another one, there's a good chance I'd be fairly freaked out at first, is this usual and is there much you can do? (apart from calling Ghostbusters!)
    3; Do you normally get results at these?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I know it might be slightly off topic, but I have a few questions as I fairly curious as I think I saw a ghost awhile back. But I have a few questions;

1; Can anyone go to these investigations, or do you need an invite?
    2; I imagine if I saw another one, there's a good chance I'd be fairly freaked out at first, is this usual and is there much you can do? (apart from calling Ghostbusters!)
    3; Do you normally get results at these?

• Advertisement

Hi Gillo

As we're starting from here, if you want to come on our initial investigation, you're of course invited! Send me a mail and Illadd you to the list

ian.murphy@dcu.ie

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Hi all
    Charleville castle would be tne place i'd like to check out the most.
    garunteed action!!!!
    fingers crossed .:D :D:D
    oh Gillo the more the merrier!
    T

Where's Charleville castle again? lol... I've forgotten :dunno:

Its in offaly!
    "
    Charleville is Irelands finest gothic revival castle. It is considered to be a masterpiece of Francis Johnstons, who designed the GPO in Dublin. The castle was built between 1798 and 1810. The massive dining room was designed by Sir William Morris.

Paul Ulrich and his family from South Boston were sent to Charleville Castle at the invitation of Fox Scariest Places on Earth. Paul had always believed in ghosts but he never saw one before. That changed when he got to Charleville, where he saw a glowing fog float right by him. His family also saw and heard floating apparitions, voices, footsteps and at one point Paul's are got pulled over his head even though even though no one was there.

The Charleville Castle has been searched over for years by parapsychologists and forensic investigators with ultra-sensitive and mega-expensive equipment in search for poltergeists. As the story goes, the castle was built in the 1700s over top of an ancient druid burial ground where people were once buried alive in an attempt to stop the spread of the black plague centuries before. Tales of the man who build it had practiced devil worship and others about men going mad and locking children in the basement are also attached to the gothic tower. As recently as the turn of the century, a young girl fell to her death from a staircase banister.

"

What would the group be willign to pay to stay there? Personally I'd go as far as 50, I mean It IS one of the most haunted areas in ireland, and imagine telling people our inaugural investigation was the famed Charleville castle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

id actually be interested in going along too. has anyone considered the Hell Fire Club as a venue?

Hi Draupnir

I had thougth of there a few times! But never had a rew big enought. Would be fun to go to I think!!

Dap, Mail me ian.murphy@dcu.ie and I'll add you to our list!

Ian

mail sent

i think the HFC would be excellent as its public, far from any kind of civilisation, has a creepy forest and some really cool ruins nearby where paranormal activity is very common place, or so I hear.

I think we coudl do that as month 2'sinvestigation if everyones agreeable!

Attached, a photo of the area I took about a year ago!

Draupnir, how would you be getting to the charlville event if it pans out, or the abbey if that's where we're going!

Everyone, how many cars have we and where are they leaving from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Not that i believe in this stuff but here's what happened a few of my mates at the weekend. I heard all about it yesterday.
    They were in one of the woods up at Sally Gap in the Wicklow mountains camping on Saturday night.

4 guys and 2 girls aged 28 - 35 (so not easily spooked)
    Friday night they parked the cars outside the wood and walked about a mile down the road which takes you into the wood. Then they turned into the trees and walked about half a mile in passing a broken down deserted shack on the way.

They set up tent about 200 yards from the shack and lit a fire.
    After a few hours they all went to bed. One of the tents started shaking in the middle of the night and they though it was the lads taking the piss. when they went out noone was there. They woke the others up and told them to stop messing and no sooner had they than they heard soemone running through the woods from the shack. The running came straight at them and they couldnt see who it was. Then they heard it run right into the middle of them and stop. and still couldnt see anything.

Anyway then they said that they felt a presence(this is where i'm scepticle) among them and all started getting the ****s, scared to move. Then it ran away. All night there was banging and cracking from the direction of the shack. And they all slept in the same tent (well shook in the same tent).
    Now the scary bit. The phoned myself and a mate on Saturday telling us and we laughed. The girls went home while my mate went up to meet the lads and stay there Saturday night.
    Same **** again that night but (now these are not guys who even believe in this stuff) worse. They all said that they were overcome with fear and felt rank evil all around them. So much so that 2 of them were crying.
    Then back to the cars (the long way) still crying. The cars wouldnt open. Then after 20 mins trying to get into the cars they finally opened. One of the guys called to my house on the way because he was too scared to go home alone and thats where i heard the story.

Ladies and gents, I think we found a venue!!!

Ill decide how Im gettin to wherever we are going when I know where it is. I dont have any transport myself so unless its pushbikeable then im either bumming a lift or gettin the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hellfire club wouldnt be the best place at night...well some nights anyway. biiig drinking place for idiots. or used be a few years ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

If you're looking for directions to this place i can tell you where it is but dont know the name of it. Used to go there and get freaked out as a kid on my bike with my friends. I still think its only imagination though.

Go to the crossroads at sally gap. cant miss it (its the only crossroads for 10 miles) take the road towards glendalough. The first woods you come to will have a layby at the entrance road where you can park. About 1/2 mile into main road of the wood on the right is the shack. Its just about 20 feet inside the woods.
    Happy hunting :)

By the way , stay away from the hellfire club at nioght, unless you want to be raped by mortal scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

sounds like fun...........I don't believe in any of that sort of thing really but I still think it's cool to see the pics etc, even if they are hoaxes then they deserve respect for being so well done.

Post pics and record audio, have backups camera's etc, don't bring anyone who has experienced anything like that before, they'll see and hear things which don't exist.

My two cents. :)

I dont think the Hell Fire Club is as bad as it used to be, most of the knackers have moved to the Pine Forest afaik.

Everyone, how many cars have we and where are they leaving from?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have no car, lol... If needs be, I'd take the bus to Offally though...

Its in offaly!
    "

What would the group be willign to pay to stay there? Personally I'd go as far as 50, I mean It IS one of the most haunted areas in ireland, and imagine telling people our inaugural investigation was the famed Charleville castle!

aNY word from the castle? I don't mind paying €50 especially when its for THE most haunted castle in ireland i mean we are gauranteed action.

As for the Hellfire club i'd be all for it for a 2nd hunt!
    Good to see new names cropping up in this thread.
    This should be one HELL of a weekend!

None as yet. But the guy is only back today apparently, so if i dont; et anythign back orm hoim i'l lcall tomorrow afternoon, ya know so they dont feel all pressured by us!!

good man yourself Ian.
    Hows our website going any requests for an investigation!?
    Did you get a lift sorted yet, perhaps you could put down a list of where everyone is travelling from. Nick and I are both in Cork as you know.

Hi all. any news on the investigation?

• Advertisement

Hi! I'll be talking to the Castle later today or tomorrow morning. Can everyone who's confirmed going on this (weather its the castle or another venue) post here, and who's going with you so I can give numbers and negotiate a price! :)

For me, 1!

Any cars going from Dublin?

Advertisement