Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 out of 14 have done the BB dry run

• 27-05-2006 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

It's been reported that 9 out of the 14 housemates for this year have previously been in the BB house as part of the dry run for each show.

Whether that report is correct about the amount or not, remains to be seen, but the links below are the photos.

Pete and Vanessa BB5

Sleazer and Jason

Imogen in last years run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

WOW thats pretty controversial, great reporting Bamboozled!

But what does this mean? That Big Bro can't be arsed recruiting new people, that all these people have been trained to specifically be in BB?

Come on..conspiracy theories anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Hmmmmmm...very interesting /me strokes chin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

What is the 'Dry Run'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

yeah tell me too? does that mean they stuck them in the house but never aired any of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

They test out reaction to the house layout etc before they put in the real contestants and launch the show.

Last years sofas and chairs - remember them? They were orange.
    In the dry run, they were green and a different shape.

Thats how some photos of the house get released before the show is aired.

Basically they have a short list of contestants and stick them into the house. Some of them have been turning up for auditions for years and this year made it in.

Didn't ye notice that a lot of them knew each other when they entered the house on the first night?

Dawn was another that was in the house. She let slip "when i was in the house the last time..." and there was a sound dip then.

I think Nikki and Grace know each other too and go clubbing in a club called Chinawhite. They worked together somewhere.

• Advertisement

So they let in random people, then select thee house mates. But this year they jsut took in the Dry Runners? HOw do you know that they didnt jsut let the proposed house mates do the Dry Run?

I think i understand, am more than lightly wrong though!!

Off Topic: IFight your so cute, I love all your questions, your such an innocent BB fan LOL :D

TheGooner wrote:
    Off Topic: IFight your so cute, I love all your questions, your such an innocent BB fan LOL :D
    Thanks, i only started watching this year btw. I know jack , ill admit it, ignore me if need be!!

Not at all! Its great, the more people that admit the like BB the better, I HATE the ones that pretend they hate it when they don't.

It would have leaked out if they had ALL been in a dry run.
    It wasnt this years run. It was for previous BB's.

Like if next year we've seen this years dry run contestants some of them might be in there with some of last years and the previous years.

They shouldnt have released photo's of people doing the dry run and then we wouldnt have been any the wiser, well.. apart from being suspect when they seemed to know each other on the first night afte walking in the door.

iFight, ask away if you dont know something. You'll either get a response or get completely ignored. Either way, now that we know you're a newbie to BB we shall try answer any other questions for you.

• Advertisement

TheGooner wrote:
    Not at all! Its great, the more people that admit the like BB the better, I HATE the ones that pretend they hate it when they don't.

Tell me about it. ''I hate it, but my sister/mam/even dog occasionally watches it, so i have to''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I saw those during the week. The first two don't look like the inside of any of the recent BB houses, and more like meeting rooms. It's hardly surprising that some of them would have auditioned for previous BB's, and potentially got pretty far into the process. But yes, they do "dry runs" and sometimes housemates from the dry runs get through (Becki from BB5, Maxwell from last year).

Also, you must remember a lot of them would meet in the later stages of the audition process when small groups for the whittled down auditionees do role plays etc.

As for the third one - it just looks very odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Yeah the first two are just from auditions for BB4 or 5, not sure which one. They are just in audition rooms. Of course an awful lot of people audition for more than one Big Brother series so I don't see anything controversial there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Yeah, did you notice on the first night it really did seem like some of them know eachother already. This is really wierd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This is really wierd.

Ermm, not really. Some of them would have met in the final stages of the audition process, when it's down to 60 or so potential housemates, and they bring them all together, make them do group exercises etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

And didn't Kate and Jade in BB3 recognise each other from auditions when they entered the house? I'm sure it happens every year - nothing strange about it really. Also the same people are auditioning year after year and I'm sure housemates who make an impression in a 'dry run' can be earmarked for the future by producers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I remember Kitten and Jason (or maybe Victor) had been in auditions together and BB showed the tapes on BBLB. It was cool.

Ah, Kitten. What a pot of langer.

*Tripper* wrote:
    Yeah, did you notice on the first night it really did seem like some of them know eachother already.

I noticed that aswell, When they arrived, Grace and Nikki(i think, i know it was two birds anyway) really acted as if they were friends or atleast had known eachother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I didn't notice it myself but a friend kept getting annoyed at Shahbaz for "knowing everyone". Though that coulda just been Shahbaz being the extravert that he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Yeah I'm not suprised that a few of the housemates in any series would know eachother, ie Grace and Nikki recognising eachother. But you have to remember they were both so surprised to see eachother as well...

As for the dry run in the BB house with current housemates, I don't know thats strange. The only thing to find out would be to ask the housemates about it.

I've read plenty of interviews with housemates over the last few years in various magazines etc. and not once have they mentioned being in the house before for dry runs or testing out couches or what not.

Maybe its just coincidence that the photos look like housemates..?? Like Imogen photo is weird but then she is fairly normal run of the mill looking, and jason well there's a lot of guys out there that look like him... I don't know its fair odd alright. Good post Bamboozled ;) oh where did u find the photos??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Generally they widdle the people down to about 30 or so and then they are kept together in a house for a week (afair) to see how people react.

Grace and Nikki worked together.

They also go clubbing together at China white so they would recognise each other more than just a general "i remember you at auditions" kind of thing.

It really feels that this year they just threw it together. Even more sound dips than previous years (housemates should know at this stage no singing, no brand talk, no talk about others not in there and no swearing before 9pm!), live feed is pretty pathetic and the housemates arent up to scratch. It'll be Big Bore 4 all over again. There was even talk about an Aussie doing a swap with a UK housemate. Big Bore 4 again?

Advertisement