Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good old Days

Options
  • 27-05-2006 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

i'm still only a young lad but i can remember back to when i was about six or seven when we used to pedal full speed around the green in the estate and jump off onto the grass, it was great when things like that were painless, mind you i'm used to cycling injuries now so until the next one i'm immune!:p ! can anyone remember stuff they used to do that they would even attempt nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

When i was 7 or 8 this local school used to play hockey on he old gravel hockey pitch.Anyway there was a big grass hill/mound at the top of the pitch. So we would get everyone we knew who had a bike and we would all cycle to the top of the hill/mound and pedal as fast as we could through the hockey pitch when the match was in full swing. Would love to do again, just for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭aftermathcrew

used to go flying down the hill in my back garden and at the last minute jump off my bike.the garage door was open so the bike used to fly in the door and i landed on the grass.or sometimes on the path!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

I remember this big hill in the driveway of a big country estate I used cycle down 15 or so years ago. Used to really look forward to flying down it, full speed. :D Went back there last week and boy how that hill has gotten flat in my old age!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I remember at age 9 having my 10 speed racing bike stolen - after that I had to use my ma's bike - a Raleigh Triumph 20. Absolute piece of sh1t but great for stunts as it was almost BMX like with the saddle down - I perfected a manoeuvre where I could hit the kerb and vault over the handlebars across the path into our neighbours hedge - seemed like great fun at the time...

Advertisement