Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your sense of smell...

Options
  • 27-05-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

With the rainy weather recently I've been thinking about how nice it'd be to have my full sense of smell back... then I got thinking about how impaired my sense of smell actually is.
    From what I remember being able to smell before I started smoking, and during the times I've quit, I'd rate my sense of smell at about 2 or 3 out of 5.
    I'm curious to know what you all reckon about your own... or do you even care?

Rate your sense of smell out of 5 9 votes

1 out of 5 - Can't smell shít :(
    0% 0 votes
    2 out of 5 - Pretty impaired, but not so much that I can't smell my own farts or BO.
    11% 1 vote
    3 out of 5 - Maybe a little, but no so much that I'd be upset by it.
    0% 0 votes
    4 out of 5 - Pretty good, I'd hardly notice any loss.
    66% 6 votes
    5 out of 5 - Still perfect, I smell every detail :D :(
    22% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I still smell pretty well. I think. It'd be nice to be able to switch off the effects of smoking for a moment to see how wrong I am :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

When I quit for a week one time (wow! I know! :rolleyes:) and the things I could smell by gumbo, I'd never have imagined.
    I think it all happens so slowly... such a gradual loss that I was quite surprised when it started to come back... going outside and being able to smell the trees... and old dried puddles of piss around the city center... things that I'd have missed before.
    Never really noticed the smell thing before I was off them for a while.

Advertisement