Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

front page, answering book

Options
  • 27-05-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Hypothetical question:

If you forget to put you examination code and your exam number, only your name in the top right corner -will the script end up correctly? Will they check for the name in the top right corner if something is missing on the form?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

As far as I know, that's why the top right-hand corner section exists!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

TheVan wrote:
    As far as I know, that's why the top right-hand corner section exists!
    ok i thought it existed so that you still put your name just in case but they can still have anonymous marking. like the top right corner cannot be opened by lecturers but only by the exam board etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd say some people deliberately leave it open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Red Alert wrote:
    I'd say some people deliberately leave it open

why so?? cosy with the lecturers or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I would've assumed that if it's left open the invigilators would close it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yep, if we come across an unsealed corner we will seal it. At the winter exams some scripts were missing the sticky strips so we sealed with tape.

As regards not putting your details on the front, at the end of the exam the scripts are counted and checked off against the attendence sheet. So it is possible to work out which idiot forgot to fill in the front and we fill it in on their behalf. ;)

So don't worry, you're not the first one to have done this. And you won't be the last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

irlrobins wrote:
    Yep, if we come across an unsealed corner we will seal it. At the winter exams some scripts were missing the sticky strips so we sealed with tape.

As regards not putting your details on the front, at the end of the exam the scripts are counted and checked off against the attendence sheet. So it is possible to work out which idiot forgot to fill in the front and we fill it in on their behalf. ;)

So don't worry, you're not the first one to have done this. And you won't be the last!
    thanks for the information! btw, what is the official reason behind having the name and signature? is it just for this reason - some idiots will forget top put student number etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I would assume it also serves as proof that it was you who did the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

irlrobins wrote:

there was always one. in every exam.

humbert wrote:
    I would assume it also serves as proof that it was you who did the exam.
    Yea something like that. I think it's "Only to be used in emergencies" sorta thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i thought it was only used if you failed and the lecturer could look at other work you did during the year etc in an attempt to pass you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Font22 wrote:
    i thought it was only used if you failed and the lecturer could look at other work you did during the year etc in an attempt to pass you....

Oh god please say this isnt true...lecturers dont look at your record of attendance etc during the year if your on boderline pass/fail?

They can on some courses. If you're borderline they usually look at any course work you did during the year and if that is reasonably good they might give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Please let that work for me! *Feels physically sick thinking about tomorrow*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That usually gets considered in the exam meeting where all the staff plus the extern work their way down through the list. They'll come to your name, and whoever is running the meeting will say so and so got 39% overall, and then somebody might say something like - well he/she came to all the lectures, handed in everything on time, pity about the exam, and may find you enough marks to bring your total up that extra percent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Red Alert wrote:
    That usually gets considered in the exam meeting where all the staff plus the extern work their way down through the list. They'll come to your name, and whoever is running the meeting will say so and so got 39% overall, and then somebody might say something like - well he/she came to all the lectures, handed in everything on time, pity about the exam, and may find you enough marks to bring your total up that extra percent.

That sounds really good, I love UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Chakar wrote:
    That sounds really good, I love UCD.

That's standard practise in most college tbh.

Still sweet though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Don't destroy my innocence..

Advertisement