Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Googles rating system

Options
  • 27-05-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Was wondering. If you check how many "back links" you have to your site, google only counts links from pages with a rating of 3 out of 10 or over. I can see how a sites homepage can be rated highly but most "links" pages have a very low google rating as not many sites are going to be linking to their links page.

How do some sites links pages get such a high rating i.e. would that not mean they must have alot of qulity links from other sites pointing to their links page?

Even if i get sites with a high google rating linking to my site, the actual page that the link to my site will be on will have a low rating so how in gods name do you get around this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Hey,

Was wondering. If you check how many "back links" you have to your site, google only counts links from pages with a rating of 3 out of 10 or over. I can see how a sites homepage can be rated highly but most "links" pages have a very low google rating as not many sites are going to be linking to their links page.

Not true, google counts most links back to your site, they just will not show up in a link:yourdomain.tld and it certainly does count lower pagerank sites than 3.
    You should have a read of this:

http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/266/seo-backlink-faq/

How do some sites links pages get such a high rating i.e. would that not mean they must have alot of qulity links from other sites pointing to their links page?

Even if i get sites with a high google rating linking to my site, the actual page that the link to my site will be on will have a low rating so how in gods name do you get around this problem?

Some link pages have a high pagerank because pages with higher pagerank are linking to it. This can include the homepage of that site.

Advertisement