Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat broadband caps

• 28-05-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

i have currently got esat bt broadband i am on the 3 mg connection with a cap of 30 g a month, i got my first bill it was 165 euro for the first 2 months its suppose to be 40 euro a month as i only have broadband from esat no fone or line rental, my download for may alone was Data downloaded 67.60 GB
    am i been charged for this extra gb?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If you were being charged for going over the cap then it would say that in the bill, so I doubt that's it. They bill 2 months in advance so on your first bill you'll be charged for the period you were connected up to the first bill and for the next 2 months aswell plus the connection fee.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'd probably ring them and ask them myself, unless boards.ie has suddenly become the billing department of BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭B

kaizersoze wrote:
    If you were being charged for going over the cap then it would say that in the bill, so I doubt that's it. They bill 2 months in advance so on your first bill you'll be charged for the period you were connected up to the first bill and for the next 2 months aswell plus the connection fee.
    ya but i was previously on a 2 mg connection all i did was upgrade to a 3mg connection? it was only 60 euro every 2 months before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

best you ring them and find out then. you're entitled to know what you're paying for one way or the other, and BT isn't actactly famous for its ability to correctly bill it's customers.

only one way to find out. 1904. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Does anyone know what the cap is for BT 2MB connection? I've downloaded 16gigs this month, have I exceeded it?

• Advertisement

Seriously, what is with the incredible laziness of half of you; the information on the broadband packages of pretty much every provider in the country is one click away from their main page.

In this case, www.btireland.ie -> "three new broadband packages"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

CuLT wrote:
    Seriously, what is with the incredible laziness of half of you; the information on the broadband packages of pretty much every provider in the country is one click away from their main page.

Argee totally:rolleyes:

CuLT wrote:

I don't think lazy is the right word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

CuLT wrote:

Jesus Cant a man ask a question these days?
    Mod: Anime / Manga, Digital Art / Design, Old For Sale

Not Broadband!

LOL

ricey wrote:
    Jesus Cant a man ask a question these days?

Sure, but not lazy-ass questions. Oh and just "CuLT" will do. Dad doesn't know I'm back on earth again. *sssh*.

Seriously, questions like "my bill is xxx euro, what am I being charged for?", here's a breakdown for ya pal, I'm not your ISP, I can't see your bill and I have no idea what you've ordered on your line.

And eirebhoy, bless his heart, not bothering to check the ISPs homepage. It's not stupidity that's causing this, a good proportion of posters on boards.ie are at least reasonably intelligent, it's sheer laziness.
    Not Broadband!

LOL
    Unfortunately I don't hand out prizes for the "Blindingly Obvious Obersvations" category. But don't feel disheartened, you'd be a good contender.

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    And eirebhoy, bless his heart, not bothering to check the ISPs homepage. It's not stupidity that's causing this, a good proportion of posters on boards.ie are at least reasonably intelligent, it's sheer laziness.
    I got broadband in September 2004 and have downloaded a total of 115GB in all that time. This month I've been non-stop on torrents and I was suprised to see how much I'd downloaded. I expected the cap to be around 8 (it was lower than that when I first got it afaik). I definitely thought I'd exceeded the cap and was posting to basically find out more info on it. As I said, laziness isn't the right word.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eirebhoy wrote:
    I got broadband in September 2004 and have downloaded a total of 115GB in all that time. This month I've been non-stop on torrents and I was suprised to see how much I'd downloaded. I expected the cap to be around 8 (it was lower than that when I first got it afaik). I definitely thought I'd exceeded the cap and was posting to basically find out more info on it.
    As I said, laziness isn't the right word.

You are right it was actually a fairly charitable adjective to use for someone who cannot be bothered to visit their isp website.

dub45 wrote:
    You are right it was actually a fairly charitable adjective to use for someone who cannot be bothered to visit their isp website.
    It depends how offensive the word lazy is to you and how you find reading a thread and replying with a post lazier than typing in a url.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

CuLT wrote:
    Unfortunately I don't hand out prizes for the "Blindingly Obvious Obersvations" category. But don't feel disheartened, you'd be a good contender.

Ha ha true cult i prob would be, Anyway only messin with ya man
    just pullin your leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Tbh i think all these things should be listed in the FAQ.
    It needs a serious revamp!

Advertisement