Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hi Lump... I'm back again

• 28-05-2006 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Howdy... haven't been here in a while.

I shot a short film staring our two rabits and the cat voices by my daughters and myself which got be going again.

More importantly I was at my new companies award ceremonly last night and although marketing did an outstanding job the audio/visual presentation lacked kick.... so i put myself forward to assist with shooting some propper 'action' footage for next year and create a propper promotional video.... I know there still a bit to go but it give me time to get it done right. Great thing is that I have access to a slightly better budget.... although the 'The Hopping Jail Break' shot earlier in the week should be admired for its raw artistic merrit :D .

I read the 'Editing progams' thread which was great stuff and will move on to Adobe.

As I get into more detail I am sure I'll be back with a bunch of queries.... with the challenges from my last 'project' still fresh on my mind.... SOUND.

Anyho, talk to you,

Phillip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well good luck with that, and feel free to ask any questions. I'm not a major fan of adobe.... saying that it's probably the cheapest option out of the different software.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

thanks, interresting comment re 'you don't like Adobe'.

I think it is the right step for me at present having exhausted the capabilities of Move Maker and Pinnacle Studio... sounds so impressive when I say it that way :D ... for those that don't know how limited the two are...

Sorry, let me rephrase that, On the cheaper side of things, yes Adobe is better, but for Semi/Pro, I'd go for Pinnacle (Now Avid) Liquid, it's slightly expensive maybe, but it's worth the money if you can afford it.

Adobe Premiere is probably the best cheap option.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

u r da man with the knowledge :D

Didn't know Pinnacel was:
    a) part of Avid now (and they must know what they are doing)
    b) the studio version had a bigger brother that was actually worth looking at

I'll keep and open mind so... Pinnacle just annoyed me that every time I clicked an option a web page popped up asking me for my credit card number... a tad off putting I think.

Thanks

I think Avid bought them because they were scared that Pinnacle were getting quite competative in the consumer market, and avid hadn't much in the way of consumer stuff.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement