Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitch Hedberg

Options
  • 28-05-2006 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Any one ever heard of this guy? American stand up dude, died last year of an OD.

Pretty funny guy, set consisted of one liner non-sequitors, pretty random stuff but well presented.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

mloc wrote:
    Any one ever heard of this guy? American stand up dude, died last year of an OD.

Pretty funny guy, set consisted of one liner non-sequitors, pretty random stuff but well presented.

I will check him out. This is where Google shines. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Seen a vid on YouTube. He is really funny, and apparently drunk. Like Bill Hicks in a way. I like it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

poor guy got so messed up that towards the end of his career (i.e. life) he started asking the crowd for any drugs they might have on them and then consumed them on stage. In most of his performances he's messed up.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

He is a legend. You can downlaod loads of live acts and his cd no probs. The CD is brilliant, have to listen to it a few times though, gets funnier every time. You can often hear him mumble "Man, I am so Stoned...". Comes up with the weirdest little observations, but its the way he delivers them. Trying to sell his jokes to your mates doesn't usually work very well...

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mitch_Hedberg

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. "Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here."

Dogs are forever in the push up position.

People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.

If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be ****ed up.

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how much you play, you'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall once, they're ****ing relentless.

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

yeah i got "strategic grill locations" and "mitch all together", they're both amazing. He does have a tendancy to recycle material a bit, but his delivery is so good you'd barely even notice.

"I got some tartar control toothpaste... I still got tartar, but that ****'s under control"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Zascar wrote:

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. "Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here."

Dogs are forever in the push up position.

People teach their dogs to sit; it's a trick. I've been sitting my whole life, and a dog has never looked at me as though he thought I was tricky.

If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be ****ed up.

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how much you play, you'll never be as good as a wall. I played a wall once, they're ****ing relentless.

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

That is some funny stuff alright.
    But I'm sorry to say that I have never heard of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

He was hilarious. After any party or any gathering me and my friends have one of his cd's is always put on. His delivery is so good its unreal.

Advertisement