Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Multiplayer, SA-MP

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

OK before i start i know that some people thing Sa-mp is crap and that MTA-DM will be way better, but its not out yet, and Sa-mp is really good fun on the tournament servers.

I have a clan on the GTAT server, we have 4 members so far and we need more to compete with the other gangs.

The gang is called "The irish Gangsters".
    We are recruting mainly Irish players. But really its anyone who wants to join.

Current Members are:
    Kevinmce
    9AQPaddy
    Danbert
    Conear

You can view our stats and members

If you wanna get started thenn here is a guide.
    First off you have to creata an account, you can do so at http://dracoblue.gamehost.at/index.php?action=register.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT HAVE TOO MORE THAN 11 LETTERS/NUMBERS/SYMBOLS IN YOUR NAME, BECAUSE THE MAX LIMIT ON LETTERS/NUMBERS/SYMBOLS IN A NAME IS 16 SO YOU WONT BE ABLE TO ENTER ALL GANGS! e.g. [GTA]

Now onto how to install and play the game.

1. You download the game client from the downloads button at www.gtat.org its at the right of the screen.

2. You install the game with the installer you downloaded at step 1. The directory shuld be pointing at the right place, it has to be in your San Andreas file. For example: C:\Program files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

3. When you have installed the game, you press the SA-MP icon on your desktop, this will bring up some kind of server browsing screen, there you press the "Official" tab at the bottom of the browser. Then this box comes up saying "Please wait Retrieving master list from server..."

4.before you join, enter you nickname you used on gtat.org at the top.

5. When 3 is done, a number of servers will appear. "Doubbleclick the GTA:League o Get most respect in SA (gtat.org acc" server and press connect.

Once you have connected you then type "/login (your password from gtat.org)" and once you have been authenticated press shift.

5. Play!

What are you supposed to do?

This game's goal is to earn as much respect as possible.
    You do so by killing people.
    You earn 1 respect for each kill you commit, but be careful if you kill someone whithin the 8 seconds, you will loose 1 respect instead of gaining 1 respect.
    You can see if the spawnprotection time has depleated on a character by looking at his name. If it's light-grey, he has spawn protection. If it has some other color he doesn't have spawnprotection. For me, everybody has white color after their spawnprotection has worn off, so it might be the same for you.

How do you join a gang?

Method 1. Look in the Best gangs list located on the right of the main page at www.gtat.org
    Method 2. Go to www.gtat.org, and search for the leaders nickname in the search box at the right of the screen
    or
    Method 3. Go to www.gtat.org, and search for the gangs name in the search box at the right of the screen.
    If you chose method 2 or 3, you will hopefully get at least one forum post with the word you searched for in it. And if you searched for a leader named for example "Bart", and you got 3 posts with "Bart" in them, you klick one of them and then look for a poster named "Bart" and then you klick his name and then the name of his gang.
    Hope you got that.

When you are at the gangs page you simply klick join.
    you must then wait for the leader to accept you.

How do you play with your new gang tag?

Let's say you joined a gang named Grand Theft Auto, then their gang tag may be [GTA] (you can see what tag the gang has by looking at one of the members name) You start SA-MP as usual and then you just add the gang tag before your name in the name box towards the top of the browser. So if your name is "Harry" when you played on the server and you joined the gang [GTA], your name shuld be "[GTA]Harry". Then you enter the server as usual and play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is this open warfare (as in, no restrictions on the map etc.), like what i want, or is it restricted like the MTA driving game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Must try this out, played one last year but was very buggy.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 35 zimbabady

Yes, its open.

Its very like in the single player game you do the gang wars accept there all real people.

I will admit that San Andeas-Multiplayer has some netcode problems kinda like always been on a slightly laggy server. you have to shoot where you think the person would be on there screen, but other than that the gameplay is great fun.

You select a spawn point and once you spawn you can meet up with your gang members or go solo.

sometimes the smaller gangs declare peace and fight together against the others. its cool.

sounds interesting. lag doesn't bother me too much, since i play some horribly laggy HL2 mods

Anyone playing now?

kdjac

• Advertisement

That sucks seriosuly. Too laggy to hit anything.

Oh T is ingame talk.

kdjac

im usually playing most evenings, but with exams untill wednesday, ill not be on to much.

yeah the lag is bad, but give it a week or so for updated net code and it should be a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I have a notion that SA-MP will be better than MTA, I also like gtarumble www.gta-rumble.co.uk, there is a lot of work going into this and it's great to see a multiplayer mod of any shape or form out for it. SA-MP also has SMALL scripting so it is easy to make mods, (check it out on their forum), SA-MP also has a lot of gamemodes that we most probably will never see in MTA as MTA doesnt have a scripting tool as good as SA-MP's.

I've been playing MTA since 0.3r2

btw if you don't want lag - http://www.gta-host.com

had a ping of 120 and nothing was hittable, i unloaded a full Ak mag at one guy from behind at close range and missed with every shot, then he jerkily moved about and shot me.

kdjac

yeah, but you get used to it after a while, aim 2/3 person width either side of them.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    had a ping of 120 and nothing was hittable, i unloaded a full Ak mag at one guy from behind at close range and missed with every shot, then he jerkily moved about and shot me.

kdjac

depends on what server you pick, the European servers are usually good

Picked the server mentioned above the League one.

Think there was only 4 to choose from. ahh official 4 about 2000 other

Got any recommendations or is it like that on them all?

Also is it just run around killing each other or is there another way to play it?

kdjac

so i tried sa-mp just now and while it was laggy, it wasn't too bad. except until i tried to get a kill or two. i got nothing, nada... for some reason the lag was so bad it looked good, but everyone was actually moving around the screen without my end seeing it. so i just jumped in planes and had a bit of fun... so i guess the rule here is wait for MTA to get it down ;)

KdjaC wrote:
    Picked the server mentioned above the League one.

Think there was only 4 to choose from. ahh official 4 about 2000 other

Got any recommendations or is it like that on them all?

Also is it just run around killing each other or is there another way to play it?

kdjac

about the gamemodes there are other game modes as well if you look around the servers. Theres a capture the whoopie game mode where you have to bring the whoopie van to your base etc. it uses the SMALL language to make gamemodes so its very expandable.

You should look for some on gta-host.com if you are looking for some to play on btw. a guy called littlewhitey runs quite a few on this server network ;)

Gonna try thos 1000mbit Uk servers later or any under a 100.

Anyone other homies wanna ride with the big dog?

Den den den den den den ....ages since i heard that music :)

kdjac

I have to reinstall SA on my AMD 64 rig will let you know when I have ;)

Played it again last night bit better, still cant hit **** tho getting 150+ ping.

Are you littlewhitey? Why you on the load screens? :D

Also is there a decent FAQ for Dummies. As trying to read the text is impossible

Found ramming people and getting a chase far more fun than trying to shoot people altho i swear i shot them with 2 Uzis full magazine and they shot me once and i died.

kdjac

yeah the only decent guns to buy are the dual sawn off shotguns, easier to hit with.

just always shoot was ahead of a moving person.

KdjaC wrote:

Are you littlewhitey? Why you on the load screens? :D

Found ramming people and getting a chase far more fun than trying to shoot people altho i swear i shot them with 2 Uzis full magazine and they shot me once and i died.

i've been playing on littlewhitey's SF TDM mostly. it's fun... and i'm getting better with the kills (though better means 4 kills in 30mins).

as for ramming, it barely dents people somehow... you should be murdered by a car ramming you in teh face, same for hydra rockets!

Advertisement