Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do I buy plain clothes?

• 28-05-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin can I just buy PLAIN COLOURED CLOTHING? Everyone is selling these tops that are made of torn rags with stupid slogans like "24 Ice cool dude" with an ice cube beside it or a picture of Ché or something. Is there any clothes shop that sell a coloured piece of cloth I can wear? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

pennys and dunnes have lots of plain coloured t's.
    River island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Topshop has a section of just plain t-shirts and jumpers etc. The one at the top of Grafton St. is really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I take it you're a youngish bloke?
    try Next, Burtons or even M&S for plain clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jesus i thought i was the only one that hated this rubbish they try and push on us.

cheers for the suggestions people i will be trying these places aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Oasis each season sells a couple of styles of T Shirts in a variety of colours. All plain with no logos, just depends on whether they v knecks or round kneck etc. I cant live without some of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Thanks for you help. I will now dress like a dignified human. Well kinda....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I am in the same predicament myself. I used to be fond of River Island and Next, but both of them have joined the ranks of the rest of the stores insisting we dress like skateboarders. These days I buy from M&S, Zara, and Burton have the occasional good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

So Glad wrote:
    Everyone is selling these tops that are made of torn rags with stupid slogans like "24 Ice cool dude" with an ice cube beside it or a picture of Ché or something.
    lol, so true :D
    What the hell? ... it reminds me of Homer and the "Worlds greatest jacket".
    Can't say I've noticed anyone wearing them though... along with those crazy check pattern slip-on runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The Camden Clothing Company sell plain hoodies, and if you're away at all try get to a Decathlon. I got a great plain black hoodie and plain red longsleeve there last year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find this very annoying too tbh.. I went out looking for some plain gray T-shirts for jogging etc in... Everything I picked up had some crappy motif emblazoned across it... when I was away on holidays in Spain there were loads of stalls with gray and white T-shirts costing a fiver each and perfect for the gym but of course they all had pictures of cats or rabbits or some sh*te on them :rolleyes: what a waste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

So Glad wrote:
    Where in Dublin can I just buy PLAIN COLOURED CLOTHING? Everyone is selling these tops that are made of torn rags with stupid slogans like "24 Ice cool dude" with an ice cube beside it or a picture of Ché or something. Is there any clothes shop that sell a coloured piece of cloth I can wear? :confused:

Thanks

H&M on Henry Street are doing a great range of t shirts for €7.90 and hoodies for €19.90 for men and women, huge range of colours and completely plain. Great fit for the girls as well. (sorry don't know about the men).

Has anyone noticed actually that Che Guevaras greatest wish has finally been achieved?? He's now stocked in Penney's, he must be so proud, to hell with revolution when random teenagers who have no idea who you actually were can wear your face on a t shirt for next to nothing.:p

Advertisement