Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter Help needed

Options
  • 28-05-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hi guys..

well i've been having problems getting the thing installed and working. I've asked some questions on there site but not getting any help really.. I'll post the messages and replies here and see if you guys have any ideas..

My posts are in bold .. replies are in italic's

========================================================

davidstokes Posted Sat May 27 2006 10:32
    Hi.

Just got the game and it wont even install..

I've checked the DVD drive with other games and DVDs and it is working.

My graphics card is ok.

Would if be because i have some kind of software installed.. I've got loads of stuff installed not saying it would be stopping it jsut have no idea why it wont install.

I dont even get a splah screen. It's like the DVD is not there.

Any idea?

baff6 Posted Sat May 27 2006 11:00
    Can you browse the DVD and launch the "setup.exe" program maybe?

davidstokes Posted Sat May 27 2006 11:07
    nope wont even let me into that part,

davidstokes Posted Sat May 27 2006 11:28
    i just tried it on my laptop and it started up no problem.... and my PC is much better in spec...

The model on my DVD rom is Lite On SOHW - 1673S DVD±RW Dual Layer Burner
    and this is it's spec DVD±RW Dual Layer, 16x (DVD), 48x (CD) Read, 48x (CD), 16x (DVD+R), 16x (DVD-R), 4x (DVD+R DL) Write, 24x (CD-RW), 8x (DVD+RW), 6

you can see it here
    http://www.activeshopper.com/search.asp?pld=wmo&linkid=3068240&pid=24376768

davidstokes Posted Sat May 27 2006 11:48
    finally got it to open ..... now when i type in the CD key it is tell me it is invalid.. i think there is a problem with the timing.. because from when i type the ID in to when it tells me it is invalid it's about 4 minutes.. so i have a feeling it's something to do with that.

Unless there is a second ID number ?? I've looked all over the booklet but i cant see one.

Wolverine-SST- Posted Sat May 27 2006 12:31
    Perhaps you should get a new game from the shop.Perhaps the code is cracked??

davidstokes Posted Sat May 27 2006 12:59
    yes i would do that.. and i might.. but i still think there might be a problem with something on my PC. as i said it takes about 4 minutes from when i enter the code till it says it's invalid... And i did by the game,, i can take a Photo of the case/Disk/booklet and upload it.. as i know alot of people download games.. but i bought it..

RevRaz
    Posted Sat May 27 2006 18:17
    Make sure you enter the Key right, it is Case Sensitive.

davidstokes Posted Sun May 28 2006 05:07
    ok i have comfirmed that the ID number is correct and it is working.

The main problem i have now is when i put the DVD disk into the drive it locks up everything... sometimes i have to reboot my PC just to get it working..

It doesnt make any sence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

your dvd drive is fubared by the sounds of things.

Are you on a network with the laptop?
    You could install it over the network as one option, do you have a external hard drive? You could make an ISO and mount it with alcohol.

If you have an external hard drive, you could install it onto laptop, copy the program files and registry settings onto the HD and copy it to your pc.

Can you borrow someone else DVD drive?

Is the disk scratched? You could obtain and image of the game and use your cd key ?

So many questions :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

No not on a network.. laptop is not on anything.

cant install it over a network as i dont have one. How would i make the Image.. I have done it with DVDs and used Deamon to mount.

No external HD....

I might be able to get a lend of a Drive..

Game is Brand new.. only got it yesterday..

How can the Drive be f|_|Cked ?? It plays other games and DVD's with no problems :( ahh...

would the game be stopping because of something i've installed? not saying i've got anything... but there might be something there i dont know about

Have you any disk mountin software? I have but Graw installed anyway, it could be the disk itself certain drives and certain disks, as ti works on your laptop but on pc.

Before you get a lend of a drive see if it works on his 1st.

kdjac

yes i have Deamon toolz. Should i uninstall it ?

just noticed i have Power ISO.. and DVD shrink as well.. would that matter

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote:
    yes i have Deamon toolz. Should i uninstall it ?

Yeah but doubt thats it i have alcohol install ed and the game installed fine.

Try the disk in your mates PC if hes close and its possible.

kdjac

He's about 10 minutes drive. i'll try my Laptop.... but i dont know if it will work it's alot lower spec.. and not connected to the net.

when i try install on my laptop i get this error.. and i just formatted it a few days ago so theres nothing installed on it.

Setup has experienced an error

Please do the following
    --Close any running programs
    --Empty your temporary folder
    --Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run setup again

Now theres no programs runing...
    no temp folders as its never been on the net

and i dont have it connected to the net!!!

Go tin Control Panel Admin tools Event Viewer and look for the error that matches the time of the install error.

Does it have a code of 1005 or 100 somfin?

kdjac

Error Code -6001

I dont see a matching code.. but at the times it says "service control manage" thats when i check under "System"

when i check under Applicaton is "ccProxy" -- "SAVSCAN" -- "ccEvrMrg" and ccSetMgr"

all different.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I have Daemon tools installed and it's running fine for me. I think it could be that your DVD drive is incompatible with whatever type of copy protection is used. I had a pretty similar problem with Far Cry (published by ubi too). It would seemingly not see the DVD unless I left it there for ages, took ages to verify the disc too when loading the game. I ended up coincidentally flashing the BIOS on my drive to make it region free and that fixed the problem completely.

If you want to go that route you can probably find the right firmware and flashing util here. Flashing DVD drives is generally pretty safe, but if something goes wrong it could kill your drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Try making a disc image and then mounting and installing off deamon tools.

You can get a free trial of Alcohol 120% ( here: http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/ ), and also make sure you have the latest deamon tools (4.0 something).

how can i make a disk image ? the drive locks up everytime i put the disk in?

Advertisement