Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses- help!!

• 28-05-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm going away over the summer and I need to find a nice pair of sunglasses but I never know which type to go for or which shape suits my face. I always need other people to tell me. I have a round face (I think!) and I'd spend up to €60 on a pair.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

try a pair that wrap around your head such as the ones from "men in black", they are practical, sexy and stylish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

lasair wrote:
    try a pair that wrap around your head such as the ones from "men in black", they are practical, sexy and stylish

Er her....

Anywho, try out River Island and Topshop/Topman. They have some good styles at the moment and for decent prices. Also saw some in Debenhams for €15 which were identical to a pair I saw by Fendi. M&S as well have a few good designs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Just bought a pair on Thursday in Dunnes Stores for 8euros. They are the big Jackie O style ones with diamante style diamonds stuck on the sides.

Perfect. They look really good and as they are only 8 euros it doesnt matter if you lose them/break them/ some one nicks them. I always buy 'cheap' sunglasses as I always end up losing them or something.

But these ones are really good wore them driving yesterday afternoonin the sun and was not bothered at all by the sun. V nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

lasair wrote:

I got a brown pair that wrap around your head in H&M on Henry St, Dublin about 2weeks ago for 10e .. i love them !!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

If you're going for a designer pair I'd recommend waiting until you're abroad. You'll get a pair of Chanel sunglasses for about €50 cheaper than here anywhere in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Storm in Dundrum do lovely sunglasses as well as watches - i got a lovely blue pair in a sale there for €50...so so nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭fabcat

Does anyone buy sunglasses for their UV protection? It's just that I have a pair of Roberto Cavalli sunglasses (I love ebay), and I get quite annoyed at people assuming I only bought them 'cos they were 'designer' granted I love the design, Roberto Cavalli stuff is great, but there are so many cheaper sunglasses from Penneys and H&M etc that look fantastic at the minute and I could have bought loads of pairs for the the price I paid for these, but these ones actually protect my eyes (I have really bad eyesight) which are the main reason I got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Thanks everyone! Gonna go shopping today and look for a nice pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i wear contacts and i buy them outta pennys like the jackie o ones thats there at the minute, €3 who could go wrong.
    about four years ago there was a scandal with sunglasses form high st stores and pound shops that they werent protecting the eyes but i believe it has changed.
    they have to display a sticker now thats says "uv protection"

Advertisement