Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media Player

• 28-05-2006 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Is there a way of converting the quality of WMA files in Windows Media Player? Most of my files are in 192kbps but wanna change them to 128kbps
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

In WMP,I doubt it but can't say for certain as I rarely use it. What version?
    If you insist on using WMP (Rather than an audio editing app. (Audacity perhaps?)) -> burn them (192kbps) to CDRW -> Rip back again @128kbps. (Or use a 'virtual CD' application to save discs & time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WMP 10 can do it. Its hidden in the Burn part of it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I have WMP10. Basically, I have just got a new Creative Vision:M and all my music is either in WMP as 192Kbps WMA files which I want to reduce to 128Kbps, or else in iTunes as AAC files. I want everything as 128 WMA files, just hoping it can be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭retrospect

open wmp goto tools-options-rip music and you should see rip settings :format
    and a slider bar to change the bit rate .

to make changes to files you all ready have you hace to use a converter of some sort
    i think music match can do it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Karoma wrote:
    (Or use a 'virtual CD' application to save discs & time.
    Karoma you know of any virtual CD apps? Was looking for one previously but couldn't find any. I know of daemon tools which allows you to mount images but not something that allows you to burn files to virtual CD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Not certain; but Alcohol 120% ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

irlrobins wrote:
    Karoma you know of any virtual CD apps? Was looking for one previously but couldn't find any. I know of daemon tools which allows you to mount images but not something that allows you to burn files to virtual CD.

Try Power ISO.

That just burns iso. I can do that with my existing software. I'm looking for something that tricks Windows into thinking it is writing to a CDR drive. I know how to create ISO's from files etc, but that's not the same thing. Thanks anyway. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

irlrobins wrote:
    That just burns iso. I can do that with my existing software. I'm looking for something that tricks Windows into thinking it is writing to a CDR drive. I know how to create ISO's from files etc, but that's not the same thing. Thanks anyway. ;)

I think MediaMonkey has a similar feature. I'm working from memory here as I've just done fresh OS install and haven't had a chance to reinstall it.

Mediamonkey

:::Edit::: Just reinstalled Mediamonkey to check. It has a 'Virtual CD' feature. Possibly what you are looking for :::/Edit:::

Thanks. I have mediamonkey installed and it does have a tool called virtual CD but it's not what I'm thinking of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement