Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freediving and Spear fishing

Options
  • 28-05-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone
    I have some Free Diving and Spear Fishing experience, I did it when I was in my home country, South Africa.

I am really keen on doing it again so if anyone is interested in organising a dive, let me know. I don't have much gear anymore, but I will hire some.
    I am on Living on the Dublin/Kildare boarder and will proberly be moving to Bray, but do not mind travelling within reasonable distance.
    At least here I don't have to worry about sharks when spearfishing like back home!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

GIGN wrote:
    Hi everyone
    I have some Free Diving and Spear Fishing experience, I did it when I was in my home country, South Africa.

I am really keen on doing it again so if anyone is interested in organising a dive, let me know. I don't have much gear anymore, but I will hire some.
    I am on Living on the Dublin/Kildare boarder and will proberly be moving to Bray, but do not mind travelling within reasonable distance.
    At least here I don't have to worry about sharks when spearfishing like back home!

Hi.. I'm living in Kilcock and wouldn't mind tagging along with you if that's ok? I have very little experience... just snorkeling on hols and stuff. Going to Malaga in July and would love to try it there. Just bought some of the snorkel gear in LIDL today so have equipment except for spear gun. That would be totally new to me and I'd love to try one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GIGN

Hi there
    I dont mind going diving with somebody who is new to the sport.
    The only problem is that I am not familiar with diving spots in Ireland, so I need to do some asking around to find a spot that is suitable for beginners and that does not have dangerous currents.
    Once we have found a spot to dive, we can plan from there.
    I still have to get my speargun sent over, but it is important that you get more comfortable diving before you start spearfishing.
    If you can find out about any suitable shore diving spots, let me know, and I will do the same.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I to have dived back home, we would go catch cray-fish when we needed money for beer (not at easy as it sounds!):D. Havent gone in a while though, not sure if the waters around ireland would be clear enough though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GIGN

Howzit
    Ja, I do not think that the visibilaty is good here, and most dive site are on Irealnds West Coast. I am still trying to find a suitable site here on the east coast for a dive. It does not have to be fancy, just accesible from the shore, and suitable for begginers, or those who have not dived in a while.

GIGN wrote:
    Hi there
    I dont mind going diving with somebody who is new to the sport.
    The only problem is that I am not familiar with diving spots in Ireland, so I need to do some asking around to find a spot that is suitable for beginners and that does not have dangerous currents.
    Once we have found a spot to dive, we can plan from there.
    I still have to get my speargun sent over, but it is important that you get more comfortable diving before you start spearfishing.
    If you can find out about any suitable shore diving spots, let me know, and I will do the same.

Cheers

there's a site called www.freedivingspots.net that has a spot shown in Kerry..? Anyway - i keep forgetting to check this site... you can e-mail me direct on dave.m.lynch@intel.com Cheers... Dave

• Advertisement

GIGN wrote:
    Hi everyone

guys...
    anyone still here?????

Advertisement