Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband query bout NTL

Options
  • 28-05-2006 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

I have been using eircoms 3MB line package now for some time. Basically we shared with the house next door (with his permission) . But recently i bought myself a new pc and now there is 4 pcs running on the same line and things are getting sluggish, so my family have decided to buy our own broadband. And we have a few questions.

From my reading, NTL provide the best package. At 6mb for 40 euro a month. I live in the Swords area, does anyone know if I can get it ehre? Also, will i be able to avail of their broadband if im not a previous ntl customer.

Secondly do they offer wiresless broadband routers?

And if anyone has any other suggestions as to a good broadband provider in the swords area, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

help much appreciated please

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No I don't think NTL operate on Swords. I believe Chorus operate in Swords. Strictly speaking Chorus and NTL are both owned by the same company now, but they operate separately for the moment.

I've a friend living in Swords and he said that Chorus told him that they will be rolling out BB their soon.

BTW Why don't you ring both NTL and Chorus, they can tell you for certain if they are available.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

bk wrote:
    No I don't think NTL operate on Swords. I believe Chorus operate in Swords. Strictly speaking Chorus and NTL are both owned by the same company now, but they operate separately for the moment.

I've a friend living in Swords and he said that Chorus told him that they will be rolling out BB their soon.

BTW Why don't you ring both NTL and Chorus, they can tell you for certain if they are available.

Indeed -:rolleyes: but that would be far too easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 swarms

I too live in Swords, NTL aint out here Chorus are. Chorus and NTL are owned by the same parent company. If you look at both of their websites they are nearly identical and offer almost identical offers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I can't answer your question about chorus or ntl in swords but when I got chorus broadband installed about a month ago they gave me a wireless router that they set up with their modem. They even went as far as setting up my laptop with the wireless, setting up a pc with a lan connection and another pc upstairs with a wireless connection. The pc upstairs didnt even have a wireless adapter so the install guy gave me one and set that up too and the best part was they did it all for FREE! :D

P.S: It wasn't some cheap router either like BTs zyxel routers or someother brand of router ive never heard of...It was a Netgear wireless router. :D
    This one actually:
    http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/WGR614.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ring Sales and ask to put in an order. Dont just ring customer service and ask as they dont seem too up to date and where the service is available.

I went through this myself getting NTL. Was told twice by customer support on the phone i definitely could not get get it in my estate.

However I knew someone in the estate with it. So I rang sales and put in an order anyway and sure enough it was installed within a few days.

Advertisement