Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabodirect - any good?

Options
  • 28-05-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Apologies if this has already been posted.

I have some money I'd like to put into a savings account (short term) and was wondering if anyone has used this company.
    I'm a little wary about signing up as all relevant documentation to do so has to be posted to them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup - it has been posted before ;)

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aboards.ie+rabodirect&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Not had any problem with them so far. Sending and getting the documentation was problem free, although make sure the copy of the passport is a colour one, they won't accept black and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

I wanted to join them too, but I work 9-5 with no banks around me and its proving difficult to get the time to get all these documents and bank statements together.

Are there any catches with this kind of banking? You can move money freely from your Rabo account to your current account and vice versa?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭Sarn

Northern rock are also a good alternative. http://www.northernrock-ireland.ie/newsite/demandonlinehome.htm

Same basic setup, I sent my documents registered post just in case (had my original passport). Got everything back fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I wanted to join them too, but I work 9-5 with no banks around me and its proving difficult to get the time to get all these documents and bank statements together.

Are you registered with your banks telephone banking? They should be able to order statements for you.
    Are there any catches with this kind of banking? You can move money freely from your Rabo account to your current account and vice versa?

No catches, no limits, no notice requirements. You can move money in and out on demand, you jsut have to allow the normal 2 - 3 days it takes for money to get from Bank A to Bank B.

Advertisement