Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being logged out...

Options
  • 28-05-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this....boards logs me out nearly every time I post....I have to log back in after submitting a reply 4 times out of 5. Can get a bit frustrating when you've written a long message and are then greeted with the "You are not logged in..." screen....

Browsing no bothers, just whenever I actually post it seems to happen.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Amp did something to your account so it does that, just to piss you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Wolfmother

try using firefox, stuff like that never happens, and if it did, you wouldn't loose your message when you click back,

Firefox is for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wolfmother wrote:
    try using firefox, stuff like that never happens, and if it did, you wouldn't loose your message when you click back,

Firefox is for everyone.

I am using firefox already....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Wolfmother

Oh, Oh my god...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't get that, but i get the "cannot find server" message. problems on my end.
    ctrl+a and ctrl+c before hitting submit and you don't lose what you've written.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm just wondering, do you click the "remember me" button when you log in? If you don't that will quite possibly be the reason why you keep logging out.

I'm just wondering, do you click the "remember me" button when you log in? If you don't that will quite possibly be the reason why you keep logging out.

Yeah, I do. But even if I didn't, that wouldn't be the solution, or at least, it shouldn't be - I might have only logged in two minutes previous and it keeps asking me to log in again after I hit "submit post" or reply or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Anti-spam v0.65

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reboot PC, download latest FF etc...
    I'm on XP and FF 107, works no probs.

Have you considered using the cool browser Internet Explorer from Microsoft? It's great :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Does anything else odd happen when you do that like the address bar changing? Anything on your network that might interfere like a proxy or something? Could you possibly have cookies blocked from boards.ie?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

biko wrote:
    Reboot PC, download latest FF etc...
    I'm on XP and FF 107, works no probs.

FF 107???

Isnt 1.5.0.3 the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

try logging in on pie.boards.ie and using it. If the same happens then its your browser.

Clear the cache and all cookies and reload boards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Same thing often happens to me......

Tried all that, no avail....although it seems to have stopped now, its sporadic....haven't actually tried with IE, so can't say if its an FF issue either....will try IE for awhile and see how goes. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I am having the same problem, not sure what it is, getting really f***ing annoying.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I have that problem when I don't have remember me clicked on the login page. It works fine otherwise. It's almost definitely just a firefox issue.

Advertisement