Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is jonesboro market dead

• 28-05-2006 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Is the jonesboro market kaput ? - was there on Sun and seems to be only 10% of what it used to be

Anyone know ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

They say criminality never pays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

bit early for fireworks :p

Dunno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

I was there yesterday morning. Its slowly starting to pick up again. I noticed that they were selling the cds, cigs etc just past McKeowns petrol station. Its a pity its gone down hill as once it was a great little market!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Crying babys and the smell of chips i dont like about the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gillmc

This is part of the Sinn Fein so called clean up process, their people in the area have put people under pressure to close down and have even gone as far as reporting some stall holders to the RUC/PSNI. Never thought we would see the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

its only comin into summer now, it'll probably pick up a good bit now with the better weather, if it stays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

The brits raided the place a few months back on confiscated all the copied cds/dvds etc i.e all the good stuff!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

SaxoDuff wrote:
    The brits raided the place a few months back on confiscated all the copied cds/dvds etc i.e all the good stuff!!
    It wouldn't be the first time that has happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

gillmc wrote:
    This is part of the Sinn Fein so called clean up process, their people in the area have put people under pressure to close down and have even gone as far as reporting some stall holders to the RUC/PSNI. Never thought we would see the day.

yea well my dads one of those ppl and wats wrong wit a bit of clean up!!and htere was noone reported btw!!!it was the brits who raided it and caused them men to be arrested!!!the stall holders are sinn fein men themselves most of them anyways!!hwy cant ppl jus buy the cd's in a cd shop neway??u can get them beside mc geoughs now neway if u wanna buy the famous cd's!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have never been to Jonesborough, is it any good? Are they selling the items that got bang yet:D ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

SaxoDuff wrote:

Since Jonesboro is, de facto, part of the UK, of course it would be the "Brits" who would raid it. I would be a bit surprised if the Gardai or Irish Customs were operating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Since Jonesboro is, de facto, part of the UK, of course it would be the "Brits" who would raid it. I would be a bit surprised if the Gardai or Irish Customs were operating there.

ders no need to be smart towards saxoduff!!he was jus tellin ya wat happened!!!:D

Advertisement