Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Phwoar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I saw that a while ago. I want it. You'd never be bullied on the road, but I reckon the examiner wouldn't be too happy if I turned up for my test in one, when I hopefully get it in the next 6/7 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I know of one of them indentical to that (including paintwork) rotting in a garden of a house close to my girlfreinds house in Germany. It's been there for years and is getting more worse for wear as the years go on.

Does anyone know if they actually came painted like that because the one I know of is EXACTLY the same as that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's ex US Army, I'd imagine they're all painted the same

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think it's quite ugly, tbh - but then I've never really had much time for 4x4s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

yup- the whole 4x4 thing. especially the biggest ugliest ones.
    am i the only one who feels like the child in the emperors new clothes story

..........but but but, they're bloody terrible
    (slaaaap) shut up you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Squirrel wrote:
    I saw that a while ago. I want it. You'd never be bullied on the road,

You'd get a lot of self-confidence lessons for €5,850;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Anan1 wrote:
    You'd get a lot of self-confidence lessons for €5,850;)

But mobile ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You can buy these yokes easily enough in Germany, from all sorts of more or less dubious sources.
    The American army doesn't ship back their surplus metal, they just auction it off.
    Quality is usually crap ...the US army disposes of these things for a reason.

But even if you get a good one, running it is a different story. fuel consumption is horrendous and spare parts sometimes hard to get by.

There are 6.2 l diesels out there as well ...offering up the grand total of 140 bhp while getting about 20 mpg (as opposed to about 8 for the petrol version) ...they break down very often, though.

Conversion to european norm standards in regards of lights etc also is a fairly high cost factor.

all in all ...not to be advised

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm sure the petrol station would *love* to see one of these things coming in to fill up!

Wonder what the MPG is on them!?

Advertisement