Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Set up Issues

• 28-05-2006 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

I'm hoping someone can assist with some set up issues. I'm not too sure if the broadband forum is the correct forum, but you seem like a knowledgable bunch.

I have a laptop, netopia router and xbox 360. Until recently, I had been able to connect wirelessly and was using an ethernet cable to connect to xbox live. I have rather stupidly played around with the settings. Now my wireless connecton has completly gone I'm forced to use an ethernet cable. Everytime I access a website, I'm gettng a error connecting to broadband box, attempting to redial ??(error 718 - a point to point protocal ) In addition, xbox live has completly gone. when I get to the sign in stage, I'm getting a message saying that there's network issues. The wireless network icon on my screen is saying that I am connected, but when i remove the ethernet cable, my connection goes.

I appreciate I'm not giving a lot of specifics here, so any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

If I am posting his in the wrong forum - apologies, Mods please feel free to move.

Conor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Where did you change the settings? Laptop or router? Make & Model no of all equipment and who is your BB supplier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

his BB supplier is probably eircom since they probide the netopia.

There is a reset switch at the back of the netopia.. if all else fails then reset it.
    Oh and can your laptop actually pick up the wireless signal??? If not make sure the radio is on. If the wireless is built in there is either a button on it to turn on and off or an icon to do that. (fur turning off on planes!).

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

MunsterCycling - I changed settings on both my laptop and router (rather stupid, I'm the first to admit). I did reset the router, so this should be back to normal. I did try any create a network if this is of any help. Additionally, I did play with the settings on the router, but I would think that completing a reset should resolve any issues with that.

My bb supplier is Eircom and I'm using a dell inspiron 8300. I will confirm the model of the Netopia router when I get home this evening.

Saruman, my laptop is picking up the wireless signal.

If all else fails I can do a sytem restore, but would prefer not to go down that route for something that can be fixed.

Thanks for your help,
    Conor.

PS 50 posts and it's only taken 11 months:D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Through a mixture of the Xbox forum and Google I think I have the issues resolved.

Thanks for the responses,
    Conor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cool, how did you resolve it???

• Advertisement
Advertisement