Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 matches you would like to see in WWE

• 28-05-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

From the current rosters, what matches in the WWE would you like to see.

No particular order, but for me

1. Mysterio Vs Benjamin. I would imagine this as being a high flying clinic.

2. Benjamin Vs Haas. This Id like to see at a PPV with the IC belt on the line. Every time I have seen haas wrestle, he has entertained, even when he was tagging with Hardcore Holly fueding with The Bashams, i think he really stood out. I think he could have great chemistry with Benjamin.

3. Edge Vs Undertaker. Both are more than capable of making this a great fued and a great match. Ideally this would happen at Wrestlemania Streak Vs Streak.

4. Austin Vs Edge. Mic work here would be outstanding, and I think a good match would be seen here.

5. Benjamin Vs Simon Dean. We all know what Dean can do if allowed. The most innovative wrestler I saw in ECW against the most innovative in the WWE today. This could only be a 10/10 match if given time.

6. Batista Vs Orton. I actually thought we would see this at Wrestlemania after Batistas return at NWO. I felt he would cost Orton the match setting up their own encounter. Wouldnt be a masterpiece, but storlyine wise I reckon it would attract buys.

7. Carlito Vs The Rock. Both good workers, bith excellent on the mic, both cocky individuals.

8. Benoit Vs Angle - 60 minute iron match. I dont think I need to explain this one.

9. HHH Vs Mysterio. Very different styles could complement each other no end here.

10. Benoit Vs Y2J. Again, two very technically sound wrestlers here. Given a good 12-15 minutes, this couldnt not deliver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Some great potential matches/feuds there bud. Ill give it a lash but head is scrambled

First one in mind is

1. Jbl Vs HHH
    Two great mic workers and possibly two of the men with the most heat in recent years.

2. HBK vs RVD
    With an Rvd working at his best this could be a classic match that swings back and forth with plenty of 2and 1/2 count pinfalls.

3. Foley vs Rvd
    Bit of a bumpfest here.

4. Orton Vs Rock
    Similar to gimmicks Rock vs carlito pick. Two cocky competitors born into the business with a massive ego clash.

5. Rey Vs Hbk
    Had a taster at the eddie tribute show but put a storyline and a heated buildup behind it and things could be different.

6. Batista Vs Benoit
    Strength vs Technical ability isnt always a classic pairing but Batista continued to improve before his injury and im sure he'd be able to put on a good show with him,especuially with a title on the line.

7. HHH Vs Angle
    I know they had a bit of feud about 6 years ago but i cant remember it lasting too long,plus both men have (particularly angle) have improved even more since then. could be a potential shouting at the tv match!

8. Austin vs Batista
    Have batista work off the rumours being thrown around that he's carrying the company,Austin tells him he knows nothing about "carrying" the company and let it run from there.

9. Randy Orton Vs Jericho
    (i know hes not on the roster but if gimmick can do it......)
    Jericho and orton return on the same show,major ego clash with each believing their thunder has been stolen. A classic back and forth high paced match with a title or title shot on the line.

10. Rock vs Rvd
    WWE vs ECW. Simple as. Give both an open mike and leave em to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some matches I'd love to see would be in no particular order:

1. Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan

I think this match could do well if it was planned out right. After all, HBK and Vince was enjoyable despite concerns about it beforehand. Also I think with Austin's neck problems, Hogan would be an ideal opponent since his offence doesn't involve suplexes and moves that target that part of the body. For the mic work alone I'd love to see this feud.

2. The Rock vs John Cena

Ideally this would have The Rock as the heel. I think like above the feud would have great mic work from both men. I'd love to see The Rock trash talking John Cena.

3. Rob Van Dam vs Rey Mysterio

I suppose this is the dream high-flying match. When these guys were a tag team they had some interesting combination moves and I always wondered if they'd have chemistry in a one-on-one match. I think I'd like RVD to be heel for this one.

4. Kurt Angle vs Finlay

Not much explanation needed here. If given time this could be a mat wrestling classic.

5. Shawn Michaels vs The Rock

I know the WWE wanted this match for WM22 but The Rock wasn't interested. Still, I'd like to see it happen. HBK can get a good match out of anybody and The Rock can go when he wants to. This would be a great feud.

6. Undertaker vs Chris Benoit

I remember reading that Paul Heyman wanted to set up this match when he was part of the Smackdown Creative team. Seeing as Angle and Undertaker got a great match at No Way Out and seeing as Bret Hart got great matches out of Taker, I think these two would have a great match as well. Not sure who would be the heel though. Probably have to be Benoit.

7. Triple H vs JBL

If JBL is coming to Raw I would like to see this match with Triple H as the babyface. I think they could play off each other well and it would be a good, physical encounter.

8. Carlito vs Chris Jericho

I remember these two had a fun exchange on Raw arguing which was better, the Highlight Reel or Carlito's Cabana. Now that Carlito is a face I think a match with Y2J as heel would be great but sadly Jericho doesn't look like he's interested in returning right now.

9. Carlito vs Edge

I think this one has a more realistic chance of happening than the above match and I think Carlito could be great on the mic making fun of Lita. These two are good performers in the ring to boot so I think it would be an entertaining feud.

10. Kurt Angle vs Triple H

This has been done with Triple H as the face and Kurt Angle as the heel but I think it would be even more intersting with Angle as the face and Triple H as the heel. I felt when Angle was drafted to Raw that there was a chance of this happening but obviously it looks slim now. Still, I'd like to see it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Finlay v William Regal (Irish v english lol)

Cena V Mystereo- (Raw Champ v Smackdown Champ)

Tommy Dreamer V The Edge- (Ecw HC Champ v WWE Co Holder HC Champ) I know they are fighting at One Night Stand in a doubles match with Foley and Funk- i just mean the two alone!!!

Rvd V Jean Claud Van Damme(Ok i know JCVD isint a wrestler- but with all his martial Arts training itd make for a good fight)

The Great Kahli V The Big Show(Based on size alone)

Mark Henry V Viscera(Again based on size)

John Cena V Brett Hart(Just to see it)

Chris Masters V Randy Orton (Their both Egotistical Twits and Id love to see them kill each other)

Carlito V Super Crazy(The hair of course hehehehe)

Super Crazy V RVD- (Similar Styles- interesting to see how they handle it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

1. Angle vs Finlay - This would be fascinating to watch.

2. Finlay vs Regal - I like the Ireland vs England thing, and it would be a great, stiff battle.

3. London vs Michaels - Master vs Apprentace here, London was trained by Michaels. It would be great to see them get the chance of match in WWE

4. Benjamin vs Haas - They were a great team and could be even better opponents.

5. London vs Noble - In an ROH ring this would go down as a classic, WWE, however would present a watered down version.

6. The Rock vs Orton - The battle of third generation superstars.

7. Noble vs Benoit - Trust me, this would be amazing.

8. Super Crazy vs Van Dam - Definately the two best non cruiser high flyers in the company.

9. Kendrick vs Noble - I know these two havent had the chance to properly shine in WWE but if given the chance, they would!

10. Triple H vs Angle - I havent seen this in a while but its got classic written all over it. It would provide a great back story too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I think that Mark Henry versus the Boogey Man would be a classic, fit for a Wrestlemania main event

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Just one tbh...

Taka Michanoku vs Kane + Undertaker + Big Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Taka's not in WWE though. He could outwork practically everyone though. Excellent wrestler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

1.cactus jack vs mankind(hardcore match)-if they were seprate people it would be a hardcore classic

2.jamie noble vs chris benoit(normal technical match)-what a technical match it would be

3.sabu vs jeff hardy(tlc match)-speaks for itself

4.rvd vs eddie gurerro(r.i.p)(frogsplash vs frogsplash match)-it would be a match for the ages

5.mark henry vs big vis(fatso vs fatso)-funny match

6.all the divas in an elimination bra and panties match-who wouldnt want to see that:D

7.big show vs andre the giant(rip)(1 on 1)-could they lift each other up????

8.hhh vs jerry lynn(hell in a cell)-that would be something

9.undertaker and kane vs the great khali(2 on 1)-go on you brothers of destruction

10.kurt vs benjamin vs micheals vs christopher daniels vs aj styles vs samoa joe(wwe vs tna 6 man hell in a cell)-oh my f******g god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Regal vs Finlay in a match like they used to have
    Regal vs Benoit, cos they're always brilliant matches
    Benoit vs Finlay
    Angle vs Regal, don't remember seein them wrestle
    Noble vs Benoit
    Kendrick vs London, if they could fight outside of WWE restrictions
    Haas vs Finlay
    HBK vs Finlay
    HBK vs Regal
    Mercury vs HBK

A lot of Regal matches, but it's cos he never seems to fight the top guys