Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe stock investment - 15%

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? Where are you putting your money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

what do you mean by 15%? Do you want a stock that will return you that amount per year?

Would be very hard. The safer a stock the less the returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

I am after a few choices that would offer at least 15% compound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

what do you mean by 15%? Do you want a stock that will return you that amount per year?

Would be very hard. The safer a stock the less the returns.

Very true, you could go with a bank and leave it there for a while or you could risk it with elan and jump in and out as price rises. Youd be lucky to find a 15% turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

tom-thebox wrote:
    I am after a few choices that would offer at least 15% compound

If you find out where you can do that please let me know. The average return from the S&P500 since 1975 has been in the 8-9% region, and that's not exactly safe.

To answer your question, there is no such time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Why only 15%? Why not 100%? That's what I want - someone please recommend a safe investment that delivers 100% compound interest year-on-year :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement