Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*&^* housework!

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

OK it drives me and everyone else beserk, I know but when you have small kids and big kids, neighborhood kids and dogs and rabbits and guinea pigs and gerbils and a husband how the hell do you keep a house in order? I seem to be constantly picking things off the floor throwing things into the washing machine which is going 24/7, hoovering, cleaning and now at the end of the day my house is still minging! Where do you get time to raise happy children and a clean house and I can't afford a housekeeper! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

wexhun wrote:
    ....small kids and big kids, neighborhood kids and dogs and rabbits and guinea pigs and gerbils and a husband.....:(

Don't let them in. Seriously....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

If you are in fact the only person doing any cleaning of any description, I'd suggest ordering the others to help you, or by getting them to clean up after themselves.

Maybe "prune" the wildlife demographic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I get my husband to help or demand he pays for a cleaner to help me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I clean, I won't tidy.
    My two brats have to tidy thier rooms and to hoover them.
    They also have to tidy the sitting room, toys into the toy box and the chest of draws that has the games and arts and crafts stuff, so that I can clean it.
    It is hard but you have to train them to pick up after themsleves.
    I will set a time limit and reward them if they get it done in that time.
    My 8 year old can get stroppy about it but I threathen to make him clean the bathroom if wants in exchange :D

Yes it can seem like a thankless never ending on going chore,
    but lets face it you can not have the super clean minimilist type house if you
    have young children, ok hang on you can if you are willing to wreck yourself and become a like a ocd sufferer about it, and life is too short.

There are show houses and there are homes and homes are ment to be lived in.
    Mine is prolly presitine twice a week or if I am due visitors and it then spins out of control again.
    There is a big difference between untidy and dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 sharonlarkin

Its a complete nightmare. I have 2 young kids and a husband who leaves for work at noon. If its raining I let the house fall apart (apart from the washing) unit 8pm when the kids are in bed. Then I fly around like a lunatic doing everything.
    If its not raining I throw the kids out to play and do it then (in between them coming in for sweets and juices and whatever they can think of).
    But I don't wash windows, floors, or clean up after the dogs - my husband does those jobs before he goes to work....well he has to do something, so I see those jobs as token jobs,

• Advertisement
Advertisement