Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much?

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Right, have a bit of a major problem. I have the opel zafira for the weekend on the 3 day test drive thing and a group of kids picked this weekend, the only time I've ever left a car of mine(or in my care) outside my drive way, to crash into it with a pedal go kart thing. The bumper is cracked and badly scraped.

I assume its going to have to be replaced so does anyone know how much (inc labout) they will charge to replace a bumper on a (practically) brand new zafira? I'm on their policy so I'll have to pay the excess of €750 if it's going to cost that or more. I was briefly talking to the kids parents and they seem decent enough(only moved to th eroad last month so don't know them at all.The only thing is, they can turn around and refuse to pay if they like and I'm left with a bill. I don't think they will but either way one of us will be paying for it. Sorry for the long post. So does anyone know how much they are going to hit us for? Will they go straight for the €750 excess? I assume I can query it and ask for more quotes?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It's possible to repair a bumper. Depends on how badly it's damaged I guess.

A new one will be quite expensive, and there's painting to be factored in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just got the quote. €1094. €440 of that is labour. either way he'll only be paying €750.

I was just thinking, seeing as how it's costing €750 anyway, regardless of what else was done, I could have had great craic rallying teh car and bouncign it off walls. Could have dropped in back as a crushed cube on the back of a flatbed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Stekelly wrote:
    I was just thinking, seeing as how it's costing €750 anyway, regardless of what else was done, I could have had great craic rallying teh car and bouncign it off walls. Could have dropped in back as a crushed cube on the back of a flatbed.:)

But would you like it if someone treated you like that?;)

Advertisement